Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: SVO upflow design with photos!

Re: My upflow design - [updated 15 Dec with photos!]

After 10 years of use, I'm getting rid of this setup FREE, see here: http://www.biofuelsforum.com/threads...mbing-and-pump
    Sean

Re: SVO upflow design

For those who would like to make an up-flow settling system for their veggie oil, here is what I am using.
    I have an insect screen in a cut off 60L drum, upside down with a 50mm* 19mm BSP reducing bush and 19mm BSP barbed elbow connecting via a valve and 19mm BSP barbed elbow, to the 50mm BSP reducing bush.
    On one side of this bush I have the 19mm elbow and on the other a 19mm straight hose barb. I have a piece of 19mm polythene pipe which goes almost to the bottom of this drum. On the 19mm bung hole of this drum, I have another 19mm BSP barbed elbow.
    A piece of clear vinyl hose joins this to the second drum, which has the same connections as the first one.
    The outlet from the 19mm bung on this drum has another 19mm BSP barbed elbow which connects via vinyl tubing to another 19mm BSP barbed elbow to the storage tank from which I pump into my filter bags.
    You can have as many settling drums as you like between the strainer and the storage tank.
    This can be duplicated using IBCs and bulkhead fittings.

I have added an oil level indicator to the side of my storage tank by using a "blind" bulkhead fitting (which can be inserted from outside the drum and seals perfectly). I use clear vinyl tubing for the level indicator.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Upflow settling arrangement.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	2327  
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 19th December 2019 at 12:54 AM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts