Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of my Land cruiser 1HZ conversion

Re: Pictures of my Land cruiser 1HZ conversion

Ok. I might need some advice here thanks. (Very grateful!)

At the moment, My HE is not correct. The first picture below shows where I bypassed the heater line. (See arrow). Picture 2 shows how I simply joined the area under the thermostat to the HE and then back to the heater hose on top.

Picture 1.

Picture 2

What I want to know is if I take a T-piece at the location of the two arrows as shown on Picture 3 and leave the setup as it is but connect one hose to the other (at the arrows via 2 T pieces - one for each hose) will this work so I dont have to put the heater on?

In other words all I will have created is a loop outside of what was originally there.

Picture 3

I cut a Tee into the line just before the actual heater valve (middle of the vehicle above the engine and just before it goes into the dash) and another into the heater outlet hose (outlet from inside the vehicle).

The flow is maintained by the vehicle circulation.

If you wanted to you could also put these Tees on either side of the block where the heater enters and exits.

Coolant flows all the time and heater works as it should. About the only change I might make at some time is to put a valve to switch off the flow if I ever need to run on 100% diesel at any time
    Telegraph Point NSW
    Landcruiser GXL '96 - 80:20 blends
    Pug 1.6 HDi - 308 Touring Wagon - definitely not game :-)

Thanks Geoffwin!!

Rider-x Please forgive me. I publically apologise for hijacking your thread!

I thought it was my thread and got confused!!

dont apologise mate, no problem at all , i hope your getting it sorted. like i said, anything i can do just ask. i can take some more detailed pics of my HE / heater plumbing if you need.i mapped it all out on paper first, remember you can tee in as in the pics ,so nothing changes with your heater, but run your return for your HE over to where your heater goes back into your engine and tee it in there.once you do it it will seem simple. Or as geoff said
    Peace mate
    Keep at it

Doesn't help when people like me post replies to everyone other then the OP :-)

One of the joys of a forum?

Geoff
    Telegraph Point NSW
    Landcruiser GXL '96 - 80:20 blends
    Pug 1.6 HDi - 308 Touring Wagon - definitely not game :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rider-x View Post
    dont apologise mate, no problem at all , i hope your getting it sorted. like i said, anything i can do just ask. i can take some more detailed pics of my HE / heater plumbing if you need.i mapped it all out on paper first, remember you can tee in as in the pics ,so nothing changes with your heater, but run your return for your HE over to where your heater goes back into your engine and tee it in there.once you do it it will seem simple. Or as geoff said
    Peace mate
    Keep at it
    Thanks mate.

I think my idea will work (above) as it will create a separate loop. I'm just not sure if its the best loop yet. (Might just be a fruit loop!) Will sleep on it.....

Best wishes,
    Soc

hi rider-x, just wondering what sort of changeover valves you have there? any info on them would be good, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
    Gilligan,
    If you have no heater (you will get bloody cold in Tassie), the heat exchanger is used by connecting to the coolant pipes which should go to the heater.
    What are you on about Tony - it was a balmy 10' last night .

The HE in my MQ is in parallel, but due to my HIH & other coolant heated components ( tank & filter) the engine needs to be driven rather than let idle to heat up quickly.
    MQ Patrol - WVO since 2005

This one's our man!!

Too easy - thanks 83.

Unless I'm missing something, that bypass hose will also rob your heater of flow when it's on.