Thread: Can I put a deisel engine in my honda station wagon?

Can I put a deisel engine in my honda station wagon?

I was given this 93 accord station wagon about a year ago with really low niles and in really good shape. I have painted it and really want to continue having it but feel pretty strongly about making it cleaner and not dependant on gasoline. I have some really good family friends that would be willing to help me with the mechanical part and doing all the work, but i was just currious if it's possible to take out the engine that it has and put in a deisel that i can convert or run biodiesel. Maybe even a bio/hybrid? I'm willing to put time and my paychecks into it, but just wondering if it is possible.

Re: Can I put a deisel engine in my honda station wagon?

Moonone,

I saw a number plate today that says it all - INOV8.

Of course you can build a diesel into an Odessy. It will take some mechanical and engineering know how, including the effect of the heavier engine on suspension and brake components.

I would think one of the jap 4 cylinder engines would work well. Good luck.
    Slippery
    Small steps taken one at a time.

My thougts would be, its probably easier to brew ethanol for your car than change it to a diesel.
    If accords came out in a diesel version, (or the same engine came out in a diesel and petrol version) it would be easy to get the bits for it (and I would suggest getting a wrecked car so youget all the little brackets, glow plug relays etc)
    As honda (as far as I know) dont make a diesel, it would be a lot of work.
    As slyppery has suggested, a japanese engine would be a good place to start.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

i decide to go electric instead and i'm pretty excited about this project! it'll be a long one but in the end i will be happily driving my electric car.

it might be a bit heavy trying to lift it into the boot