Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HHO Gas

Re: HHO Gas

The simple fact is it takes more energy to split water into hydrogen and oxygen than you can get back by burning the hydrogen.
    2001 Holden Rodeo 100,000km B100
    2001 Landcruiser HZJ105 130,000km B100

Quote Originally Posted by benjy View Post
    The simple fact is it takes more energy to split water into hydrogen and oxygen than you can get back by burning the hydrogen.

why is it that us rodeo owners are incredably good looking and intigent enough to know this simple fact. Arh i pity all the drivers of inferior vehicles.
    Cheers
    Nick.
    Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW

We don't want no simple facts around here.
    HHO is faith based just like religion.
    And we all know it is a mortal sin to question a person's faith, no matter how stupid it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RODEONICK View Post
    why is it that us rodeo owners are incredably good looking and intigent enough to know this simple fact. Arh i pity all the drivers of inferior vehicles.
    Hehe that's what I say to my mates, most of who have hiluxes when they give me a hard time about my rodeo - they're not good looking enough to have one.
    2001 Holden Rodeo 100,000km B100
    2001 Landcruiser HZJ105 130,000km B100

I thought hohoho was what Santa Claus said and as I tell the kids "if you don't believe you don't get any presents".

regards
    bj4408

Quote Originally Posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
    We don't want no simple facts around here.
    HHO is faith based just like religion.
    And we all know it is a mortal sin to question a person's faith, no matter how stupid it is.
    Just read through this thread (well some of it) - you're wasting your time trying to argue with these guys (although I found your posts entertaining). Is a conman going to admit to it?

It's interesting tho' - they say they have no commercial interest in something, and then take the time to flood the forum with post after post after post defending it. Now why would someone do that?

well guys, ive been checking into the fuel cells and there is a lot of rubbish out there and many ridiculous claims. some of it is very laughable. however someone posting above says theyve tried one of these cells and gotten two litres of gas per minute but yet it did not add to the power or mileage of the engine. how is this so? is the gas produced not combustible?
    is it not gas produced from excess battery power from the alternator and water added to the cells? does the two extra litres of ignitable gas not carry the extra wieght of the equipment in the car? i cannot understand why this does not improve mileage somewhat. even if it is only up to say three or five percent. some say you cannot get more out than you put in, and fair enough, theres not any over unity going on in any of these cells. but i figured turning your headlights on was basically free and this is the same power that is used to send to the cells is it not?. i would imagine that the people claiming five percent more mileage could be telling the truth and if you do get two litres of gas per minute than this would make some sense. so someone please explain why two litres of gas a minute does not add to mileage??????
    i do realise that no body is getting the amounts that myer claimed. whether he was a fraud or knew something they all dont- time will tell BUT if we can call this all a complete fraud then wouldnt that mean that even tesla was lying about his new kind of power? from what i can tell tesla beleived there was AC and DC and another kind. the kind that would flow just prior to switching the lines to feed the DC down the line from a big dynamo. there is a lot of talk about that and tesla was dead set about it and i will refer to it if someone likes.. if that power is real then these things working one day are possible, its possibly just not being done by anyone today because they dont understand it. lets say someone does one day find this power, this should not mean that our laws of physics are wrong. just that something else can be added to it. toaday the claims might be bogus but i wont say that no one will ever make progress on these types of devices just that unless they try something other than whats being done as of today and getting an understanding of what tesla knew they wont have much of a chance.

.....gotten two litres of gas per minute but yet it did not add to the power or mileage of the engine. how is this so? is the gas produced not combustible?
    Also, relative to the amount of air the engine is breathing, 2L of hydrogen and oxygen is pretty much insignificant.

For example, consider a 3L engine, cruising along at 2,000RPM.

For a 4 stroke that's 2 revs per full cycle, therefore the swept volume in one minute is:

2000 RPM x 3L /2 = 3000L/min.

So the engine is getting through 3000L of air every minute or 3 cubic metres.

Now, if we want to visualise a 2L mix of hydrogen and oxygen in solid fuel terms, so that we can compare it to the amount of liquid fuel the engine is consuming, then:

1L of hydrogen weighs 0.09g and 1L of oxygen weighs 1.43g.

So for H2O expanded into 2L of gas, that's roughly 0.13g of hydrogen and 0.95g of oxygen added to 3 cubic metres.

Now to consider how much liquid fuel is being consumed in the same time:

Assume an engine cruising at constant speed might burn 10L of fuel per hour, and diesel/petrol weighs roughly 800g/L

Then 10 x 800 / 60 mins = 133.3g/min

Even taking into account that the energy content of hydrogen in 3 or 4 times greater than petrol and diesel, 0.13g of hydrogen added to the 133.3g of hydrocarbon fuel is pretty much negligible and certainly not worth adding the extra drag on the alternator.
    Last edited by geewizztoo; 1st August 2009 at 03:39 PM.

Well said

Perhaps we can put this to rest now and shove it in the back drawer with the Hyclone and Fitch Catylist
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
    Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far

thanks guys, so the maths above shows that 2 litres of gas coming from one of these cells will add less than 1 percent. so to claim somewhere near 5 percent better mileage the gas production required would be more than 10 litres per minute.

dave, your right there. i did think that the alternator was hooked up to a belt driven off the motor and so the drag was the same on the motor whenever the motor was running. i did not know that the alternator feild disengages once it does not need to power the battery anymore thereby releasing the motor of alternator burden.

what you are saying then is that the loss of power to the engine under the strain of the alternator running is actually more than the cell gas output.

one thing i did find today was that some company Algaeventure Systems - AVS Harvester (check the youtube clip too) has applied for a patent to harvest algae from water for pittance compared to a centrifuge. there is now good hope for algae produced oil. hopefully they will roll out some new motors to take this oil straight without conversion to bio costs.