Thread: Toyota injectors at 120K km on B100`

Toyota injectors at 120K km on B100`

Pulled them out, cleaned coke off the tips, they have a covered pintle and inject via 6 small holes. Tested and all sprayed very well with no leaking and all up to spec on pressure after 120,000 km on B100.

I was impressed and this puts paid to the theory in my mind that bio stuffs injectors. My mate said his were not good after a similar distance on mineral diesel and another who runs B100 also added that his injectors felt no different after a service indicating no issues, there you go.
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Re: Toyota injectors at 120K km on B100`

good to hear matt.

there are many incompetent mechanics out there I reckon and they just like to blame biodiesel for all sorts of things - when they have never made or used bio themselves.

Had a startup problem with my rodeo. Spoke to 3 mechanics who all said it was biodiesel stuffing up my pump and or fuel lines and injectors. They said biodiesel was a killer and they have done up a few motors that ran on bio. I later self diagnosed it as a thermo switch problem affecting glow plugs and fuel injection. Resolved it and motor is fine.

As my old man says. Whenever a mechanic says he has done up this and that on a car because it ran on bio, simply say this "so how many have you done on normal diesel". It generally leave them embarrissed.

Chheers
    FB

Yes I would agree, wise advice. In terms of pumps I also know bio saves your pump as mine had no wear when rebuilt at 220K km (last 120K km on bio) it started by giving low revs reversinh down on hils (regulation)l, the issue was deposits on the parts but there was no wear, I paid for cleaning, they reused the main parts. Make you bio well and you should have no isses
    Biodiesel Bandit

To add to your good news
    You know how the 1HD-T had a history of BEB failure after 100,000km's and people had to regualrly change them... After 120,000km's on B100 I replaced my BEB's that had 180,000km's on them and like your Injectors Matt they were near new. I was told that I wasted my money changing them... I am happy to hear that your injectors were good.... I am now thinking that Biodiesel is a elixer as well as a fuel... Stick that up on LCOOL....
    HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
    Canberra

Ah now bio is good for your pump, your injectors and now the BEB! I am impessed, I don't think the naysayers on Lcool will listen. Will try it though.
    Biodiesel Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Ah now bio is good for your pump, your injectors and now the BEB! I am impessed, I don't think the naysayers on Lcool will listen. Will try it though.
    So where is that Post you were going to put up?

maybe revisit this post? biodiesel vs diesel
    HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
    Canberra

As per Andrew's post on the fellow with 160K km and clean injectors I think I am in the same club. There was some coke on the tips but it was not affecting spray pattern. I clened it off with a brass brush and they are in some ATF to see if it will softhen any residual carbon befoer I reinstall them.

Need 6 Copper wahers and in they go. I posted a little something there too, lets see what happens.

Oh what a feeling.
    Last edited by Matt; 27th August 2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Biodiesel Bandit