X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moonshine anyone?

Originally posted by wheeloftime View Post
    hey

also made a first run tonight. Went ok. short blue flame after two distillings. have alot of refinements to do with the still but i have proven to my son it can be done.he was surprised at the flame and the intensity of the heat. It was just a make shift teakettle still in the kitchen. So after a more permanent still is made we hope to distill and run a bit of ethanol to run in his car. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. A filter of dried corn stalks is made to filter out the remaining water from the finished ethanol.

will the ethanol reaborb water from siting or once the mixture is about 100 % will it stay that way?
    It will absorb water from the air so keep it bottled tightly. - unless you want to add water, or carbonated water, ice, etc.

Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Re: Moonshine anyone?

Hi All,

I probably missed this in amongst the posts but are these all "valved reflux stills" or are the ones you are talking about "internals"?

Cheers, Pete'

Comment

Working...
      X