BioDiesel Stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BioDiesel Stickers

Welcome Chris - thought you must have been the same 'shamozzle' from the Surf site - have conversed with you before on there. Good to see you've stuck you head in here.
    Bill

Comment

Hi Chris,
      Terry Syd on this forum has some cool little hand units about the size of a jerry can.

Drop him a line and he might be able to send you some more info.

Cheers,
      Cameron

Originally posted by shamozzle View Post
      Thanks Cam. Have been lurking for a while. Got interested in Bio a few years back and made up a small batch that worked. My main gripe is obtaining a source of methanol but I'm sure I'll find the answers on this website. Another gripe I have is the limited space I have (i live in a block of units) but I'm sure I could tailor something to my needs. I've been running b100 in my 3litre surf for about 3 months now with no problems. The car actually likes it better than the Dino crap I used to use.

Cheers,

Chris.

Comment

I got one from the needasticker mob last year. Very neat sticker, and looks great on the pug. The guy selling them was very enthusiastic, and threw in a little one for inside the filler cap as well.

There's a pic of it on my pug at Flickr Photo Download: Peugeot 307 with roofracks

Comment

Thanks for the links to all the useful sticker sites folks. Im getting my graphics friend to get these put onto sticker sized files so they can be taken to any print shop and printed out.

PM me with your email if you want the files and Ill send them over.

Thanks,
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper View Post
            Heres a link to a site selling said sticker and others
            BIODIESEL decals. Bio Diesel and Custom bumper stickers.

Dont know about posting to OZ but there are some larger images there.
            cheers, chris
            G'day mates,

Those prices quotted are in American dollars then the postage to Aus is not cheap but you can bet the stickers will be of good quality.
            Since retiring from business I still have many thousands of clipart images on disk that I used for creating/cutting vinyl stickers and creating just about any sticker is pretty easy in Photoshop...if I don't already have one on disk I can "personalise" for the biodiesel job
            Anyway if any of you want me to have a look at creating stickers for you, give me a HOI with your idea and I'll see what I can come-up with.

Cheers mates,

Bill
            Who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks?
            This old dog has been learning new tricks for years and...
            I hope I can continue to do so!:cool:

Comment

G'day mates,
              I have been offline for some time due to having had a massive heart attack that almost killed me...Never been ill a day in my life...Till that day and...I had stopped smoking years before!...Just goes to show you!
              Then after getting over that little item and being released from hospital and finishing my "keep fit course for heart attack victims" I had a computer failure! They say it never rains but it pours! Anyway...I'm getting things together again...slowly, and getting back into the swing of things.
              I'm retired now but I kept all my CDs which contain many thousands of Vector clip-art images and I still have my Xerox Phaser 8200 and one vinyl cutter/plotter so if anyone wants any vinyl stickers give me a hoi.
              By the way, having been out of things so to speak, I had to get a new ISP so I have updated my email address on the forum just incase anyone want's to PM me.

Cheers mates,

Bill

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Kando, hope you are on the mend now.

As for stickers, I actually have a Biodiesel one on my car that Wayne brought to one of the barbecues last year, but I'm actually getting it converted to WVO, so I guess I'll need to change the sticker! Although I haven't thought about a design yet. Something simple like "Running on Used Cooking Oil" would do me.

I'm sure there would be some demand for bio/WVO stickers if you knocked up some samples. You could start a thread in the WVO forum, which seems to be more active at the moment than the biodiesel one.
                Sean

Comment

This is a fantastic idea Sean.

Maybe if Kando can come up with a design or maybe two to suit most vehicles, I would not mind giving it FREE with every conversion.

Cheers
                  Fitian
                  <><

Comment

G'day Sean,

I need to find a special program that can open and read my vector cliparts that I have on CDs, for some reason the program I have loaded for doing signs/stickers, Dr. STIKA PLUS, will not read the images from disk. I do have the right program but it's finding the sucker
                    Anyway, I'll see what I can knock-up and when I've something to show I'll publish them on one of my sites.

Cheers,

Bill

Comment

I've been messing around with making a sticker myself. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Comments? Suggestions?

If there is sufficient interest I might take it to a printer to see if they can print them on vinyl stickers for me.

Otherwise I was thinking of just printing them on normal paper and sticking them on the inside of the back window.
                      Sean

Comment

sean do you think that you could replace 'used cooking oil' with 'Fish N Chips' i think that would be tops.

Cheers Nick.
                        Cheers
                        Nick.
                        Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
                        sigpic

Comment

I like the bottom one.
                          Fitian
                          <><

Comment

The second one is more clear and will be readable at a greater distance than the first one. The second one with the palin font gets my vote,

tony
                            Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                            '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                            '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                            '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                            '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                            '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                            '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                            '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                            '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                            '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                            '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                            '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                            '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                            Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

I agree, I prefer the Copperplate Gothic Bold font. I've modified it a bit to use lower case, which in this font is just smaller upper case letters, but looks quite nice:

And a biodiesel one:

And just for you Nick:

How about the layout, colour etc? Any other requests? Or does anyone have a nice logo I could fit in there somewhere?
                              pangit
                              Last edited by pangit; 14 May 2008, 11:52 AM.
                              Sean

Comment

Nice work Sean,

Is it Fish N' Chips or Fish 'N' Chips ?

When will the production start?
                                Fitian
                                <><

Comment

Working...
                                X