Does it really work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does it really work

It's not my job to defend his position, or his reasons.

But I can tell you this, all the samples he has are labeled, the information on the various blends comes from the person bringing in the vehicle for repair. His opinion is that he has not seen anyone in Oz produce an acceptable fuel

In a way I feel like I've made this guy a whipping boy- without his consent.

Putting that aside, It's my guess from looking at these fuels and what appears, to the untrained eye, to be obvious contaminants, the major problem is inexperience in making a batch, I guess that is why I asked what process / mix do you guys that have been successful use.

For the past 5 months I've searched the web and has so many different replies that it has caused me to form the following opinion.

Certain types of vehicles are more tolerant to batch impurities, end result is trial and error is required to a point to find the level acceptable to your vehicle. The better the batch, the less risk of trouble. Sounds naive, but that the easiest way to express it.

I'm not asking for your very best commercial mixture that you may make $$$$ from, I'm very new to this and and simply asking for your min recommendations as far as filtration ( And method ) is concerned.

Or can you point me in the direction of web sites that contain this info, I'm no chemist, and admit to being lost with some of the specifications I've come across.

Sorry if I seen a bit unsure, but the last thing I want to do is screw over my truck whilst trying to find the correct blend.

To all out there, thanks for your input and helping out a newbie, hope to be able to post a success story in the near future.

Regards
    Kev

Comment

Kev Kev Kev.....

Don't do this to yourself......

You must get that Mechanic out of your mind RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

I also had a Very Well Known Denso Fuel Pump Mechanic put bio down before I started making it and you have to start believing me and everyone else on this site..Biodiesel is great stuff better than dinodiesel by a long chalk.

"If you make it yourself and follow the simple rules/recipe" You will never buy that rubish they sell at the pumps....However I did say "make it yourself" I have heard bad things about commercally produced Biodiesel that could cause the problems that your mechanic discribed...

This Link will answer all you questions otherwise next time you are in canberra Look me up.

http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/index.php
      hdj80
      Last edited by hdj80; 26 July 2006, 08:37 PM.
      HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
      Canberra

Comment

Kevin go to the melbourne biodiesel site and look in the post called melbourne biodiesel club scroll down the page and you will find the meeting agenda for this saturday where some very experienced people will show you and answer your question to do with biodiesel.

Comment

Hello Kevin,
          You said:
          "It's not my job to defend his position, or his reasons.

But I can tell you this, all the samples he has are labeled, the information on the various blends comes from the person bringing in the vehicle for repair. His opinion is that he has not seen anyone in Oz produce an acceptable fuel

In a way I feel like I've made this guy a whipping boy- without his consent."

In this situation, I fell you should not use biodiesel and I wonder why you have even posted to this forum.
          By your own admission you believe this fellow without thinking and noone can change your mind.
          Why are you continuing this discussion?
          I wish you a long and happy future.

Tilly

Comment

Kevin, for me, I only use commercially produced biodiesel, with the tax issues sorted out and meeting Australian standards. It is true that I am only told that the fuel meets this standard and it could well be crap compared to the boutique batches that the home brewers who care far more about their batch will do. However, for me this was the safest and easiest option (if I wanted to promote the mainstream use of the fuel and start using it immediately).
            Having said that, you really need to get yourself down to the Melbourne Biodiesel Club and meet/chat with the guys there. I'm sure you've seen that they will be having some commercially produced high standard fuel there on the day of their latest meet (this Saturday I believe). I am positive that if you spend a little while chatting with them, you'll feel comfortable about it. I know it seems hard to go against all the mainstream ignorance about it, but once you do it you won't look back. Good luck!
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

I posted this (cut and pasted below) back in Dec. 05, and someone gave me loads of reputation points in my user CP, and commented "SO TRUE", so for Kev's amusement i'll post it again---
              Why are people so like sheep????
              Nobody Questions what comes out of the fuel corporations petrol pump, but if they actually started collecting little sample jars, particularly of fossil diesel , They'd soon buy a bicycle and an annual metro card. One of the passive members of the Melbourne club (an old retired diesel mechanic) actually did this (not bought a bicycle) and found results ranging from what looked clear to what looked like Guiness.
              The only reason we have "Spec." (in my opinion) is to alleviate some of this FEAR.
              But at the end of the day experience from all users of BD i know, Meeting spec or not, say their car runs smoother, and engine oil looks cleaner.
              And further more what comes out your exhaust is the real tell tale (ask any passionate mechanic) and fossil diesel spews particulates, this means abrasive particles are in fossil diesel, . They are not in biodiesel!
              The car manufacturing companies are in bed with the fossil fuel corporations, they invest in each other, so naturally they will slander according to their own needs.
              Funny how a year or two ago their was a big scare on ethanol damaging warranties, then the howard Gov. invested money, gave the Corps kickbacks, then mother nature and her tornadoes spiked the price of oil , then the opposition said they would invest in biofuels if they got the next election, then within 24 hours howard got the australian car manufacturers to do a total backflip on new car warranties, OVERNIGHT!! and now they grantee warranties of ethanol in petrol cars,, Go figure!!!?????..
              Dont be a sheep, grow your own brain, and dont believe the hype.! Anyway ALL CARS WILL **** UP EVENTUALLY, its the nature of the machine, otherwise model t fords would still be cruising around being driven by graphic artists and advertising execs.
              Darren.
              [end paste]
              PS, KEV, On Saturday at CERES in East Brunswick is an open meeting of the Melbourne Biodiesel club. Go Here for more details. Some people are coming interstate to be there, and one guest has confirmed coming from India to be there. Kev you could be there and learn more about biodiesel than you ever thought possible. Your mechanic is also welcome, but i will undersatand if he doesn't come because he feels a little intimidated. ANYWAY Kev why would a mechanic suggest to you to use a fuel which will extend the life of the engine and rob him of his own business?? Thats a bit like a drug dealer giving out admissions to a rehab clinic.
              darren leonadas
              Last edited by darren leonadas; 27 July 2006, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X