Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fitch Catalyst - Genuine Improvement or Fake Hype?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Fitch Catalyst - Genuine Improvement or Fake Hype?

Hello Leongster

Do I understand that you are saying that If I use the Solavitec Water Catalyst I can fuel my car with Water?
    Yes! I truely do believe that is as possible as the possibility of all the other Fuel Catalyst providing a positive effect on how your car runs.

Tilly

Comment

Chaps, I am willing to undertake this test at my own personal expense.

(In other words, let's try and do this without putting a bigger hole in my pocket than the one already caused by the fitch pellets I just 'procured'.)

I have a 5 hp Honda petrol generator. Practically new with about 12 hours on it, so hopefully not too much carbon build-up yet.

I also have several Fitch pellets.

Plus a couple of these fuel magnets: www.warom.net or "calskis" as they're called.

1) Can someone give me a diagram on how to run dual fuel feed lines into the carburettor.

2) Is there some sort of rudimentary timing device I can plug into an appliance, that records the total elapsed time under load - or at least until the fuel runs out.

The idea is to run equal amounts of fuel (treated and untreated) through the generator to see how long it'll run under the same load, using the exact same amount of fuel.

I have a 400 watt HMI light that we can use as the appliance.

Obviously if the treated fuel makes the generator run markedly longer (or shorter) than the untreated fuel, that fuel's got to be doing something to the combustion process, no. Feel free to suggest the parameters here, but please be reasonable - I can't spend a whole week on this.

One last request: Does anyone have a dependable buddy in Singapore who can scrutinize the test, as I'll only be responsible for setting up and running the test, not documenting it.

Leongster

Last edited by Guest; 21 August 2006, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Hello Leongster

The Fitch test has already been done. The Dyno results are posted in this thread.

Tilly

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise
          Hello Leongster

Do I understand that you are saying that If I use the Solavitec Water Catalyst I can fuel my car with Water?
          Yes! I truely do believe that is as possible as the possibility of all the other Fuel Catalyst providing a positive effect on how your car runs.

Tilly

Tilly, i am just suggesting, with all respect, that fuel catalysts which employ magnets probably had their origins in these water descalers.

The use of magnets to prevent limescale buildup in plumping is well documented.

Some wise guy somewhere probably figured out there was money to be made if fuel could be treated in a similiar way.
          Last edited by Guest; 22 August 2006, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Magnets To remove the Lime Scale left by petro-diesel?

He must have been an Eienstein.

Tilly

Comment

I know this thread is a little old, but I have a Fitch F300 in my petrol powered car and after approx 6000 km, the trip computer says it is averaging 9.2 litres per 100km in pure city driving - 9.8 l/100km before. On the open road it is recording 7 l/100km - 7.8 l/100km before.

So there is definitely a slight improvement in economy. But the main thing is the engine feels much more crisp under throttle changes with the Fitch. Also fuel consumption and performance is less affected by different fuels such as 92, 95 or 98 octane unleaded, 94, 95 or 98 octane E10.
              The car is a 1.9 litre, high pressure turbo, fairly sophisticated european engine with 116000 kms on the odometer. So perhaps a simpler ECU/EFI combination would not yield as much improvement.

So yes there is an improvement but the return on investment will take quite a few kms.

My $0.02 worth.
              Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by pdm.375 View Post
                I know this thread is a little old, but I have a Fitch F300 in my petrol powered car and after approx 6000 km, the trip computer says it is averaging 9.2 litres per 100km in pure city driving - 9.8 l/100km before. On the open road it is recording 7 l/100km - 7.8 l/100km before.

So there is definitely a slight improvement in economy. But the main thing is the engine feels much more crisp under throttle changes with the Fitch. Also fuel consumption and performance is less affected by different fuels such as 92, 95 or 98 octane unleaded, 94, 95 or 98 octane E10.
                The car is a 1.9 litre, high pressure turbo, fairly sophisticated european engine with 116000 kms on the odometer. So perhaps a simpler ECU/EFI combination would not yield as much improvement.

So yes there is an improvement but the return on investment will take quite a few kms.

My $0.02 worth.
                Peter.
                Placebo. You're concentrating on your mileage, so you'll get better mileage. I can do the same without the snake oil.

Take the pellets out and try again.

These scams have been debunked numerous times. They don't work.

Comment

I like the science content in the above response. Priceless!

Is it that hard to say "I DON'T KNOW?"

Comment

Yes, this dyno graph clearly demonstrates the difference a Fitch catalyst makes

Awsome is the word that pops to mind

Comment

HI Bio fuel users, Would someone among you please present youself to me,and we together will put this discussion to bed for good,because this product REALLY does work.
                      For example recently I was informed of a client who had his JEEP Cherokee v/8 fitted with a Fitch F300,this vehicle had used up to 18lph but after fitting the fitch it returned 13lph.Leo went on a trip to PERTH and on the way back accross the Nullabour recorded fuel figures of 10.5lph???? Another recipient in SHELLHARBOUR Accounting owns a v/8 SS commadore this vehicle had been to 17lph same trip after fitting a fitch F300 14lph,on a sunsequent trip to Sydney vehicle returned 10.5lph.
                      Keep your eyes on CARAVAN mOTORHOME Mag in jan feb editor has a Nissan Diesel to which is being fitted a F300 a full report will be published.As did some time ago Jeepaction Mag did their own testing and proved just what FITCH can acheive for you. REmember it is YOUR money you are WASTING thru your sceptism.

Kindest regards FITCHFELLA

Comment

i'll fit one up for a trial if you like im in nowra.
                        Cheers
                        Nick.
                        Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
                        sigpic

Comment

HEY Nick, Give me a call and I will organise it with one of my blokes in nowra,you wont even have to go out of your way to learn something,

Bill 42955949 mob 0411573944
                          FITCHFELLA
                          Last edited by FITCHFELLA; 11 November 2008, 04:25 PM. Reason: wrong name

Comment

Yeah, give it a go, Nick and let us honestly know what happens on 100% bio. I would have given my Surf a go, but am having a few small problems getting full power at the moment.

Comment

Just for those that do not comprehend KPL means kilometers per litre where LPH means litres per hundred kilometers maybe it shoul be lp100k.Or as listed on vehicles "litres per 100km",so sorry for the indescretion,When a report comes from a recipient who has this fitted to his irrigation pump motor the the term of 1/2 litres saved ph would be more 1/2 litres saved per hour of running more revelant.Wont happen again.

Kindest regards BILL
                              FITCHFELLA
                              Last edited by FITCHFELLA; 12 November 2008, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I must admit that I'm as skeptical as everyone else (as per my comments in the other thread) but give Fitchfella the chance to prove his product now that he has agreed to fit one to Nick's car.

I am very interested to hear how it goes. I hope you can do some tests as scientifically as possible Nick, with some accurate measurements under similar conditions both with and without the catalyst installed. I know it won't be definitive but it will go a long way to validating his claims one way or the other to me.
                                Sean

Comment

Working...
                                X