Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Texoil 240v pump install

Hey Uteman,

the handpiece is mainly aluminium with some steel and brass components. mine leaked like a sieve when I first got it, so had to tighten a few bits and used a better o-ring than that was supplied, as it failed when the spigot was tightened properly.

The hose unfortunately is starting to weep, but I think it will go avery long time before it fails. has a very thick wall. differnet hose to the 12 volt model.

definetly worth installing a bleed hose on a spigot in place of the bleed screw, as it wont self prime. the 12 volt model will self prime.

even with the mucking around improving the unit, it is soooooo much better than manually refuelling with 20 litre containers.

Not impressed with the one way valve on the bottom of the pickup pipe, it fell to peices almost straight away. it is still sitting in the bottom of one of my 200 litre drums.

all in all , I am very happy with my install though.

Comment

Hi Captaincademan,
      Thanks for the post. I've been around looking for a while and over the jerry can dance.
      Looks like I'll invest in one and get the project rolling.
      Regards,
      Uteman

Comment

HI folks. I just got one of these 240v texoil pumps (same as Cade I think). It does not seem to have a one way valve in the box. I set it up to pump biodiesel from 44g drum to 1000 lt header tank with which i fill the toyota estima.

My problem so far is priming. I poured in 3lots of fuel into the primer hole (it started to overflow each time) but this was not enough to get it pumping. You suggest a hose and header tank going into the primer, and i see a picture of clear hose with yellow pump. Obviously? you would need a cut off tap on the hose or header drum to stop fuel lumping up that hose hey?

Jim

Comment

Hi Jim,

priming on them sux. I ended up mounting mine below the top of a 44, a fair way away though, and had a funnel that I could put into the top of the pick up pipe on the 44, and charge the line if on the odd occasion it ran dry. You are right, I had a thin clear hose maybe 10mm or so which I had hooked onto a gas fitting spigot which I replaced the grub screw with. I put a small gas tap on the end of the line which I opened when I needed to prime, otherwise stayed closed.

Pretty reliable other than than the counter. It's out by a good 5%.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Cade, I'm a little confused.

Sounds like the funnel on top of pick up hose and clear from the grub screw hole on pump serve the same purpose.
            I thought of a small tank at top of clear hose kept full of bio.
            Did the filling /priming from the clear hose not work well enough?

Re funnel in pick up hose:sounds like quite a job to create a connector hole for funnel which you would then have to close after filling?

THanks
            Jim

Comment

Sounds like a simple non-return valve would simplify things a lot.
              something like this with nylon seat should be bio-proof http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNj...TL4i6/$_57.JPG

Regards,
              Tony
              Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
              '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
              '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
              '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
              '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
              '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
              '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
              '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
              '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
              '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
              '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
              '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
              '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
              Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Funny I was thinking about that today. Surely that is all we need a non return valve at the bottom of the inlet hose just in front of the filter. Once you filled the hose and pump the first time it should stay that way shouldn't it?

Cade?

Jim

Comment

Yep!

regards,
                  Tony
                  Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                  '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                  '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                  '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                  '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                  '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                  '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                  '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                  '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                  '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                  '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                  '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                  '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                  Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

I didnt explain myself clearly enough. At the time I used 44 gal drums for storage and when changing from drum to drum I would end up with a big air bubble in the line (which I agree a foot valve would have solved), but I couldnt find a cheap one small enough to fit through the bung in a 44, yet big enough to not restrict flow too much. I fitted a tap to the top of the pipe coming up out of the 44, and would simply prime the line through this tap if the big bubble stopped the pump. I found that if I put the pipe into the 44 with the tap at the drum closed, and then quickly cracked the tap open and then shut, I could fill the pickup pipe all the way to the top, as the momentum of the quickly rising bio would push all the way up to the top of the tap. usually a little squirt of bio would sneak out the tap before I got it closed fully. In these instances there was no bubble in the line. There was 7 litres of bio in the line between the 44 and the pump, so it wasnt immediately clear whether it needed priming or not, you would have to wait for it and watch for the bubble if it would appear.

Fitting a non return valve at the pump would not have solved this, as the bubble would still be there.

At some point you will have to prime the pump, and probably more than once. the clear hose and gas tap on the end off the bleed screw hole certainly makes it easier to do.

Of course, you will probably find your own work around for your particular situation.

I will be cleaning up my pump and re-fitting it to my new setup soon, and will keep the clear hose setup, as it works a charm (for me).

Good luck with it!

Comment

Thanks. I am sure I can work it out now, when I get back from a few days away!
                      Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X