Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gloop

Originally posted by pangit View Post
    HDJ I tried dry washing previously in the manner you described but I could never get sparkling clear bio at the end, so I went back to water washing.

Does yours go completely clear? Can you elaborate on how you do it, or is it simply a case of bubbling for 5 days (assuming no meth recovery). Would it help with a fan blowing over the top to speed up the evaporation?
    PANGIT as RODEONICK said give it another go

It will work it just takes a little time if you don't recover... and mine is always perfectly clear. Even after a water test the water is clear... as good as any water washed bio.

I use 2 aquarium pumps connected to a manifold then down to a ring approx 100mm from the bottom of the tank...
    HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
    Canberra

Comment

I have seen HDJ's washed bio and it is crystal clear. I'll also add that I run an aquarium heater in my open top 44 with fan blowing over the top and a bubbler set-up like HDJ. It will still take 3-4 days without meth recovery. (My experience.)

Just an update, the Gloop is starting to clear_______________slowly.
      Maverick
      Canberra

Comment

Just an update, the Gloop is starting to clear_______________slowly.
        As I said before, just add a little weak acid and it will clear before your very eyes. (Assunming it is an emulsion)

Comment

Originally posted by geewizztoo View Post
          As I said before, just add a little weak acid and it will clear before your very eyes. (Assunming it is an emulsion)
          are there any side effects to this proceedure?? it seems alittle easy and whta sort of ratio are we looking at for say vinigar??
          Thanks once again geewizz you are truly the bio king a wealth of knowledge.

Cheers Nick.
          Cheers
          Nick.
          Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hdj80 View Post
            I have been dry bubble washing now for over a year, after methanol recovery.
            I am really happy with it as I get excellent bio after 2 days, go to whoa.
            How does it go with a water wash test? I find my water wash will still be cloudy after a week of bubbling.
            Joe Morgan
            Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
            http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
            SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

I use 2 aquarium pumps connected to a manifold then down to a ring approx 100mm from the bottom of the tank...
              I've left a bubbler in my latest batch with a fan blowing over the top of it this morning to see how it goes. Is it important to raise the bubbler off the bottom? Maybe that was my previous problem, as I had it sitting right on the bottom of the drum, which may stir up the glycerin that drops out.

Also I only have a fairly basic 2 speed bubbler (set on high). would it be better to use a bigger bubbler?

Sorry for taking this thread off topic. I might split it off to another thread as I'm sure others will find it useful.
              Sean

Comment

hi pangit

yes you should have the bubbler off the bottom for the exact reason you stated Glycerin drop out. i wouldn't worry about pump size mine is quite small and coming out of the single airhose weighted down with a busted pair of scissors. pretty dodge hey?? i just have the hose tied to a piece of wood to keep it off the bottom. hey its dodgy but its working really well.
                goodluck sean
                i know you will be a changed man shortly or just lazy like me.
                Cheers
                Nick.
                Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joe View Post
                  How does it go with a water wash test? I find my water wash will still be cloudy after a week of bubbling.

Crystal clear water test everytime, read a newspaper through it.. I have photo's
                  hdj80
                  Last edited by hdj80; 1 April 2008, 05:12 PM.
                  HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
                  Canberra

Comment

Crystal clear water test everytime, read a newspaper through it.. I have photo's
                    Maybe we should come up with a name for this process as calling it bubble washing can be confusing, as it could mean bubbling with water.
                    As water is usually the main ingreadient when doing any sort of washing.

How about we call it Air Cleaning, or Air Washing, or Air Polishing.
                    There are a few more we could use, but at least with a name like this everyone would know instantly water was NOT involved.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Qwarla View Post
                      Maybe we should come up with a name for this process as calling it bubble washing can be confusing, as it could mean bubbling with water.
                      As water is usually the main ingreadient when doing any sort of washing.

How about we call it Air Cleaning, or Air Washing, or Air Polishing.
                      There are a few more we could use, but at least with a name like this everyone would know instantly water was NOT involved.

Any other ideas?
                      I think most call it Dry Washing However it is a broad term as it applies to any method of washing bio withoiut using water.
                      GL's 1 day process - Topic Powered by eve community
                      If you read this you may see some posts from a KP that is me...
                      HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
                      Canberra

Comment

No probs taking the thread off topic, happy for that.

The vinigar had no effect, heating it did the trick. The bio is crystal clear now.

I've always struggled with a good name for this washing process. Dry air washing (DAW) is what I settled on as dry implies no water and air implies no magnasol (or similar) and washing is a general term we are all familiar with in the production of bio and associate with the removal of waste from the bio prior to use.
                        Maverick
                        Canberra

Comment

Working...
                        X