Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biodiesel supplier for ACT, bulk orders..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biodiesel supplier for ACT, bulk orders..

Originally posted by Dalan View Post
    Hi all, my name is Dalan and I am a newbie and am pleased to meet you all..
    I have started out like all of you with the need to be more friendly to the environment and a need to be independant of a system that does not look after its patrons.So here I am currently organising to import biodiesel into Australia.We are hoping to supply at around the $0.30/ltr cheaper than pump price and also hoping to maintain price while our supply price stays the same. We are purchasing direct from the manufacture and importing so we can pass savings directly to you.Able to negotiate on price for larger or continous orders. Anyone interested in this , please don't hesitate to ask, we will be taking orders in the near future.
    WE hope to provide Biodisel at well below retail , in some instances this as low as cost in Australia,.
    Dalan you have gone quite...

I am going back to the start to see if we can get any straight answers.

My way of thinking is that commerically produced bio should never be advertised to anyone as a "Environmentally or Cheaper option" as you have stated - Unless it can be shown it is made from truely renewable, non food products, environmentally friendly and there is at least a 50c/l saving.

Otherwise state the truth or at least what you know..
    What is advertised here is a product that we don't know where it comes from and how many lives will be potentially effected by it by staving their communities etc to save us a few measley cents, cheaper??? cost savings don't measure up..

People tend to buy cheaper and not environmentally friendly so stating a cost saving is a big winner for a reseller but?????

. Slight decrease in power
    . Increased fuel consumption
    . May have to replace their fuel filters (another large expense mine are $50.00each)
    . If you have a pre 1996 vehicle either expect a pump reseal ($2300.00 when mine went but included a rebuild) or fuel lines...$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    . Then Canberra????? in winter you have the risk of waxing....NRMA towing fee

And when someone goes to fillup for a little saving will they have to sign a waver and have included a information sheet that states all above???

BTW we all know that anything "Environmentally Friendly" costs us more money so don't advertise it as a saving unless you can prove that it will save us money.....
    Just tell us the truth - Where and how it is produced Please.... That is all we have asked, If you don't know tell us that and we will leave you alone
    Will you be giving away small samples for us to test???
    HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
    Canberra

Comment

Good point HDJ80, a sample to do a 3/27 and a shakem up test would be good.
      Maverick
      Canberra

Comment

I have a 100ltr qubi I'd like to fill with bio. Where's your retail outlet in Canberra ?

Thank you.
        Maverick
        Canberra

Comment

Dave,
          Information as requested.

National Biodiesel Pty Ltd
          02 9499 8291
          National Biodiesel Pty Ltd | National Biodiesel
          Product
          B100 Soybiodiesel® is only purchased from BQ-9000 Accredited Producers (US Quality Assurance Program). As the only Australian company supplying Biodiesel exclusively from BQ-9000 Accredited Biodiesel Producers, National Biodiesel is proud to announce that both Cummins and Caterpillar have recognised the benefits of using Biodiesel produced to this standard. Only Biodiesel produced to the BQ-9000 standard is to be used in Cummins and Caterpillar engines.
          Supply
          We can supply immediately from terminal facilities in Port Kembla. Our Soybiodiesel® product can be pre-blended to your specification and delivered by our cartage-contractors, Scotts Transport and JL Pierce, in 34,000L or 41,500L volumes. We also have a 20,000L Rigid Tanker for smaller fleet deliveries.
          Bulk Terminal Facilities
          Biodiesel Sales | National Biodiesel
          Port Kembla Soy Processing Facility
          Soybean Processing and Biodiesel Production Facility | National Biodiesel
          Environmental Assessment
          http://natbiogroup.com/_templateFile...%28s%29%20.pdf

Hope this information is of assistance.

Cheers and best,
          Ray Adams

Comment

Maverick,
            We can supply B100 from a 2000L fuel trailer that we currently use for promotional and small in-vehicle deliveries. Unfortunantly this facility is in Sydney... We will have news on a retail outlet in Sydney soon. All I can offer at the moment is to send you a (200ml) sample of our product. I know that wont get you far, but it will help you acknowledge the product and the merits of a BQ-9000 Accredited Biodiesel fuel. We are doing our best to set up options for smaller users. We are genuine, we have great product in secure volumes and are looking forward to making Soybiodiesel available to the public as soon as we can.
            Thanks,
            Ray Adams

Comment

I'd very much like the opertunity to sample your Soy bio as I've not had the pleasure of using Soy based bio previously. The sample will allow me to compare it to the cotton seed and frytol based products I do have access to and I'd be happy to report back to the forum.

I'll send you a PM with my address.
              Maverick
              Canberra

Comment

[quote]B100 Soybiodiesel® is only purchased from BQ-9000 Accredited Producers (US Quality Assurance Program). /quote]
                Ray,
                While your product may meet US QA standards, that will not help us if we are trying to obtain product which meets Fuel Standards.

Can you provide certification that your product does indeed meet Australian standards?
                Does it meet ASTM standards for biodiesel?

Regards,
                Tony
                Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Tony,
                  Our B100 Soybiodiesel product meets the Australian Standard and ASTM Standards. We have all necessary certifications for the product and will happily make them available to you. National Biodiesel also has approval to supply blends of up to and including B20 under the Fuel Standard (Automotive Diesel) Determination 2001 (as Amended 21 February 2009). The NBG Authority was granted by Hon P Garrett, Cwth Minister for Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts on the 27th Feb 2009.
                  If you would like to contact me directly I will be able to send this information to you.
                  Many Thanks,
                  Ray
                  Ray Adams

Comment

OK Folks, Ray of Nat Bio was kind enough to supply me with a 200ml sample of SoyBio to trial. Over the last week I have conducted the same tests I would normally do with my own bio.

I started with the cold weather test. Initially I placed the sample in the fridge, generally around 2-3 deg C. There was no crystallisation and the bio remained very fluid with no thickening. As I'm in Canberra -5 and -7 deg C in the mornings is normal so in the freezer the bio went. 4 hours later and at about -5 Deg C the bio was fully gelled as the pic shows.

The great thing was that the sample only took 5 mins to return completely to a liquid at room temp and there was no evidence of waxing. This would obviously take longer with larger volumes in winter. (Sorry Ray but my freezer only goes down to -5 deg C, it has a fault)

Next I did a 3/27. The bio dissolved instantly in the methanol and remained translucent with a slight yellow tint as the pic shows. It only took 5 mins for the unconverted oil residue to drop out. The pic shows about the same amount of drop out that I get when using 16% methanol.

Finally I did the shakem up test. I waited an hour before taking the photo.

For comparison the larger jar is the result I get with my bio when I consider it properly washed and I get this within 10 mins.

My own observations and thoughts.
                    I think SoyBio has excellent cold weather properties and would be good in colder climates blended to prevent gelling. It is superb for summer and warmer climates year round as B100.
                    If I were driving a modern common rail direct injected diesel I'd be concerned about the unconverted oil in the bio. I know the jury is still out on this issue with common rail direct injected engines and bio that doesn't pass 3/27. I guess it's a judgement call by the owner of the vehicle.
                    The biggest issue for me is the residual by product revealed by the shakem up test. Clean well washed bio is some thing every one who's been making high quality bio will attest is critical. This was the one test I expected the SoyBio to pass with ease so I was surprised by the results.

Final thoughts.
                    If I was not making my own bio, I owned a vehicle that did not have a common rail fuel injected engine and the servo stocking the SoyBio was readily accessible to me I'd be using it.
                    I'd have some reservations (but that's just me) about using it in a common rail engine until the brains trust on this forum had proven that a 100% converted Bio that wasn't 100% washed wont cause any unexpected issues.

Ray also sent me the independent test results for the bio sample I have, my home scanner has died so I'll scan them at work and post latter.

I still have half of the sample and will offer it to HDJ80 to repeat the tests I have done if he is interested and willing to post his results.

Thank you Ray for giving me the opportunity to sample and test your SoyBio. I think your product will do well in the market place and will meet the needs of the average consumer.
                    I hope your venture with the Marrickville Servo is beneficial to both your company and the servo.

Thanks again.
                    Maverick
                    Canberra

Comment

Thanks for that mav good reading
                      Cheers
                      Nick.
                      Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
                      sigpic

Comment

The test report I have, which was conducted independently, indicates that it does in fact pass.

What I think the results of my tests show is that the standard is not as hard to meet as we would think and as a commercial enterprise I'd only be doing what's required to pass and nothing more.

For me I take away from this the notion that the bio I'm producing is superior to that which is required to pass the Australian Standard set down for bio and not the opposite as you're implying Dave.
                        Maverick
                        Canberra

Comment

Sorry Dave, however you have been very synical of this company in the past, as have I, however I did mention that I had the test results from an independent organisation for this bio. I wouldn't have thought you'd question a fellow synic on this or perhaps you just missed that bit in my report.

That's OK mate, sorry for my rash assumption, typical synics the pair of us.
                          Maverick
                          Canberra

Comment

Here's the test results supplied with the SoyBio sample I received. You'll note that it is from an independent company.
                            Maverick
                            Canberra

Comment

Good stuff Mav...

To be honest - based on your tests - This Bio fails by my standards.. You know I like complete coversion and washing test has to be dead clear water.

But if this is true that it does pass the ATSM Standards, it confirms one thing, that I am just down right bloody anal..

But having said that it does gives me a lot of confidence in what we are doing...

Yes Mav I would love to confirm your results...
                              HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
                              Canberra

Comment

OK Pete, I'll drop the other half of the sample around, it would be good to have a second opinion and test results.
                                Maverick
                                Canberra

Comment

Working...
                                X