Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney Biodiesel Users Picnic

***EDIT 24/8/06***

I've finally got my act together and posted up info about this on the Sydney Biodiesel website here.

I'm asking people to register by following this link, or to send an email to "picnic" at sydneybiodiesel.com. This will help us to plan for the day better. I've edited this first post on this long running thread so that people who find this post via other sources and have missed the discussion thus far, will not be too confused by the talk of Manly Dam if they do not read this whole thread.
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 24 August 2006, 03:46 PM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Sydney Biodiesel Users Picnic

Hmmm... is that.... burning chips I smell???

I'm interested, but my bf is the driver. (I'm learning, but not there yet) I'll let him know. I'm sure he'd be interested too, but might be a bit concerned that "internet people" are weird...

Will let you know.

Comment

Robert,

sounds like a good idea.

I would suggest to wait for some warmer weather maybe?

Andreas

Comment

I'd like to come too.

Comment

Originally posted by Amber
          Hmmm... is that.... burning chips I smell???

I'm interested, but my bf is the driver. (I'm learning, but not there yet) I'll let him know. I'm sure he'd be interested too, but might be a bit concerned that "internet people" are weird...

Will let you know.
          Amber, you know what the people on chat rooms are like . Weird is a compliment.
          Tony From West Oz
          Vice Chairperson of WARFA
          Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 19 July 2006, 12:13 AM.
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Yes, we are a wierd bunch, bathing in our cathode rays, but once we make it out into the sunlight, we are almost normal
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

Manly Dam is a beautiful place. I went there with my family a couple of weeks back and hadn't been there for years and years before that.

There are some really nice little picnic spots nestled in amongst the native bush there on the shore of the dam.

Plenty of parking and not too far from the city and there is a nice bush walk circuit there too for those feeling a little energetic. If you are wondering where it is it is not far from Warringah Mall.

If you have a canoe or something you could also bring it along.

There is a good community bushregen group down there doing some great work at 'The Mermaid Pool'. Perhaps we could each plant a tree or something there on the day to mark the occassion? If anyone likes that idea I am sure I could arrange it pretty easily.

The other part of the idea was that we could meet at a bio servo on the way or even try to arrange a minitanker so that everyone on the trip who wants to run on biodiesel can run on biodiesel.

Comment

Would love to be involved but manly dam is a little to far for me to come from the southern highlands.

When come up with somewere middle of the city then I could likely be there as long as I not doing anything else at the time.
                Dave

Comment

HI all,, The site is definitely the Most important thing to find when hosting an event like this. We are extremely lucky down here to have a site like CERES (environmental park) to host our event. A neutral environment, rather than somebody's back shed.
                  If there is no space like ours in Sydney maybe you guys could do it Sydney style and squat a dilapidated fuel station.
                  NSWExpat DAZ.
                  (gewiztoo,, ?would love to see?photos??)

Comment

Originally posted by darren leonadas
                    HI all,, The site is definitely the Most important thing to find when hosting an event like this. We are extremely lucky down here to have a site like CERES (environmental park) to host our event. A neutral environment, rather than somebody's back shed.
                    If there is no space like ours in Sydney maybe you guys could do it Sydney style and squat a dilapidated fuel station.
                    NSWExpat DAZ.
                    (gewiztoo,, ?would love to see?photos??)
                    Hi Darren
                    We got a whole video coming in the next few days Geoff has organised it I have already talked to him about it today, his on the job
                    Cheers
                    From The man with the tongs
                    Cheers
                    Chris
                    Never give up :)

Comment

Hey, you Melbournites making my Sydney thread go off topic!
                      Good to hear that you guys had a great day, ours will be just a social event to start with, at least for this picnic event. We'll do some workshops as a sperate event, but you are right, we do need a proper neutral space to hold it.
                      As for the video, if you could send me a copy, I might see if I can get some of it online for you. I reckon the Australian scene is dying for some decent instructional video. Just to get even further off topic, this is something I've been wanting to do for a while. You could offer free snippets online, offer free downloads of the complete thing on filesharing networks and if people want to have the nice quality DVD to watch on their own tellies, then you could also sell it. I like the idea of offering the info for free, but if you wanted to re-coup the money from the production of it, you could offer discs for sale as a "value-add" without restricting the information to be free to the public.
                      Robert.
                      Site Admin.

Comment

Chris-- thats great about the video' s. Well done mate on the day running the BBQ, its just a pity you missed some of the speakers. We raised $257 just from the food and drink, thanks to YOU.
                        Geewizztoo, Thanks for the photos. I brought my camera on the day and it stayed in my bag as i was so busy facilitating and playing MC.
                        Anybody else go here to see some photos.

Comment

Hey you Melbourne guys - stop hijacking our thread!

We are trying to organise a SYDNEY picnic please ..... now if you can make it up here for the picnic we would love to see you .... otherwise sssshhhhhh!

Comment

Hi There all
                            Any help for your day will be gladly provided by the Melbourne chapter
                            We did learn a thing or two so it's up to you to invite us!!!!!
                            All we would be looking for is enough fuel for the trip back
                            I am lagging Darren in on this, But I am in given sufficient notice
                            From the thread thieves
                            Cheers
                            Chris

</IMG></IMG>
                            Cheers
                            Chris
                            Never give up :)

Comment

OK so thread thieves and Melbourne Biodiesel crew all,
                              Please feel officially invited to join us at our Sydney biodiesel picnic.

We can definitely arrange for you to get enough fuel for your return journey - please see the various Volume Plus or Rutherford Run threads.

Volume Plus don't do B100 as far as we know but B50 or so isn't too bad and I am sure they would be happy to supply you with all of your needs at mates rates. The rate to be determined by how good mates you can get with them during the transaction!

Robert is a pretty handsome chap and an all round nice guy and they don't even return his calls so you had better bling up in your Melbourne finery to have any chance. Perhaps some sequins and one of those very plunging neckline numbers might go well with your comb-overs and chaps and get you a result to write home about.

Now before the thread police have to be called in let's get back onto the REAL stuff ....

SYDNEY PICNIC VENUE OPTIONS?
                              I suggested Manly Dam cause it is really nice but we haven't had much of an uptake.

Who out there would be keen to come if it was somewhere else in Sydney? Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                              X