The Biodiesel Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Biodiesel Station

Filled up tank and 2 Jerry Cans this morning.

Morris tells me that he has nearly resolve the "Issues" and plans to run the station himself. That's some good news.

Comment

Yes, I was there today as well and Morris also told me that he was well on the way to sorting out the issues.
      He was quite confident that he will have something going soon on a more regular basis, but he'll still need to hire an operator to run the till.
      In the mean time, he's still pumping B50 (and B20) for cash himself. He'll be there again tomorrow 9-12am and I'm sure he'll arrange some other times for the faithful.

BTW- those of you who were looking for storage drums - there are a bunch of 25L empty containers (maybe about 10) which have been left next to the bins in the property next door to the biodiesel station. They held detergent, but with some cleaning out, they would also be perfect to hold biodiesel. Some of you might want to grab a couple if you are nearby.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Greetings Everyone,

The past few days have been boring, but we (the current lease holders at the Marrickville station & myself) are working to resolve the abundant issues, which resulted in the closure of the station last week. The good news is; they have agreed to surrender the lease, I will be in control of my own destiny.

The bad news is the Landlord (the swing vote) can easily queer the deal. The worse news is that I will need to install my own staff to handle to cash register. Worse still, based on current sales, this is not going to be sustainable. I'm not suggesting you are responsible for sales, but if you know diesel drivers, I can use some more customers. The Biodiesel Station must remain open. I am willing to support the losses for a period as I assume there will be more business at the station and some contracts as well. I am passionate about the product and the purpose, and with your support, we will prove the skeptics wrong.

The summary is that I am determined to keep The Biodiesel Station open and service your requirements until it is proven I cannot push it uphill any longer.

As of Saturday, I am out of B100 & low on B50, but plenty of B20. I will be receiving fuel next week. I will update the forum when the inventory is replenished.

Thanks for all of your support, I got the opportunity to meet many of you, and, although I have forgotten most of your names, I look forward to seeing you again soon.
        Best Bio Regards - Morris Lyda
        Regards, Morris Lyda
        Morris Lyda
        [URL=http://www.thebiodieselstation.com]
        The Biodiesel Station

Comment

Thanks Morris,

I did my bit and bought 200 litres of B50 (not my preferred choice)
          to help keep things moving along.

C'mon guys, fill up if you can

cheers,

Geoff.

Comment

Dear Forum,
            Thank you for everyone's support.
            It appears that we could be close to sorting out the issues at The Biodiesel Station, and will be open for business on Monday morning at 08.00.

I will actually be at the Station to weelcome you, and I will be there until I find someone trustworthy to take the cash and cards.

I am out of B100 & low on B50, but will be replenishing supplies this week.
            I will keep everyone posted.

I will keep you informed.

Soon the web site will be up and capable of feeding you that information.

Regards, Morris
            Morris Lyda
            The Biodiesel Station

Comment

Morris is back in operation, though he is manning the pumps himself. He's got fresh supplies of B100 and B50 (plus plenty of B20 still remaining).

He's got his site happening now as well (it may look a little familiar to some of you... ), so you should be able to check on www.thebiodieselstation.com for up to date info on what's happening, prices, etc.
              Robert.
              Site Admin.

Comment

B100 will no longer be available at The Biodiesel Station

As much as I would like to continue selling B100, the temperature is dictating an end to this offering, but only until it warms again.

Most of you know what to expect, but to avoid the bad press that would result from someone accidently putting B100 in their vehicle then driving to Thredbo, I really don't have a choice.

The Biodiesel station will sell B50, and be very active in trying to maintain its sale for the entire winter. However, caution should be used even with B50.

I will get back to everyone with Cloud & Filter Plug Points for the blends, but ABG & I have discussed the characteristics of tallow based B100, and it is not going to be a viable winter fuel for retail distribution (at least not from me). There may be other servos with less regard for the impact one incident can have on the industry, but I cannot afford to experience the pleasure of John Law's second cousin getting trapped in a ski lodge because the bloody filter is plugged with non-viscous B100.

Besides, B50 is a good product, and for every half litre of B50 consumed, you are still saving 3L of petrodiesel, reducing emissions by more than 30%, and contributing to a reduction of the national Trade Deficit. That is not bad.
                ML
                Morris Lyda
                The Biodiesel Station

Comment

Everyone, sad news

I've just been emailed this from Morris:

Originally posted by Morris
                  The Biodiesel Station Is Closed – for now!

The operator of the auto repair garage adjacent to The Biodiesel Station has failed (because of insufficient capital) to pay his monthly rent on time and the Landlord has locked up the Station. The Landlord has not returned any phone calls from The Biodiesel Station owner, Morris Lyda, and has indirectly suggested that Alternative Fuels are not appropriate for the location. There is little indication that he will change his outlook, and The Biodiesel Station is looking for a new home. There are no immediately available opportunities for relocation, but Morris is confident that he will find something soon. Stay tuned, and Morris apologizes for the inconvenience.
                  Robert
                  Administrator
                  Last edited by Robert; 20 April 2006, 12:02 AM.
                  Robert.
                  Site Admin.

Comment

Anyone know the outcome of the meeting on Saturday??

Comment

I spoke to Morris on Monday and he said that the meeting did not go super well.

Another meeting was to be arranged for this week.

So we need to wait.

Comment

Met Morris today. Seems that the current owner of the property there is being a bit of a **words not fit to type here**. Seems that he has little or no intention of arranging anything for Morris and is more focussed instead on acrimoniously seeking to recover debt from the guy who was leasing the station from him (the Rally Service Centre). This leaves Morris with few options (and loads of his own money now lost in this fledgling venture). I'll point out again that Morris had no part in this, but is the victim of the issues between the current tenant of the station site and their landlord.

However, he assures me that he is not out yet and presently has his sights on a few other sites that he is waiting to see if he can get into. Hopefully this can happen soon.
                        Robert.
                        Site Admin.

Comment

.... in the meantime....

what are others doing / planning to do while the Biodiesel station is off-line (so to speak).

I have about 100 litres of B50 in a drum that will keep me going for a little while...

Anyone else one of these other places now selling BD and willing to make a recommendation??
                          Anyone up for another Rutherford run??

cheers,

Geoff.

Comment

I still have 75L of B100 which should keep ME going, but this is a little selfish. I'm getting reports and rumors of stations selling biodiesel all over, but none have been properly substantiated. I plan to fix this soon and I think I've found a contact for the producer which is supplying them. I'll try this week to get a better answer for everyone.
                            In the meantime, perhaps you are right Geoff - a rutherford run is required for all the addicts who could never go back to using the dirty, polluting stuff again.
                            Hopefully Morris can find a way to help out a few desperate addicts in the short term...?
                            Robert.
                            Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
                            X