• Show
Clear All

Re: Sydney Biodiesel Purchasing Group

I've got plenty at the moment but count me in to get some on the 29th Oct

John

Comment

Hi all

I'd be very interested in joining the biodiesel purchasing group. I have a Toyota Troopcarrier converted to a camper - and was considering selling it until I thought of biodiesel. I'm up for amy suggestions on ways to make it run more economically as well; and ultimately (possibly) convert to SVO (duel tanks already - so have a head start).
      Anyway, one step at a time - please could you let me in to the "special" group? I've booked the date for the trip, and was thinking of getting the small containers from K-Mart someone mentioned...

Thanks

Mark

Comment

OK, jcaley & mayto, I've just added you to the purchasing group, you should now be able to access our private sub-forum.
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

Need a place to decant biodiesel

While most of the logistics are now being discussed in our members only area (please post a reply in this thread here if you would like access - it's free), I am now putting out a request to anyone who might know of, or be able to offer a good location for us to decant the fuel amongst ourselves.

I have also started a new thread here about this, which anyone (member or not) can post to in an effort to get some good ideas from you all.

Even if you don't want to purchase biodiesel yet, we'd still welcome any help or ideas on this.

Any suggestions will be discussed by our group in our own private area, so please reply here if you would like access. Otherwise, please post any suggestions in this public thread here.
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

Re: Sydney Biodiesel Purchasing Group - Let's buy some now!

please add me to your prospective purchasers list - david speechley kimba077
            Originally posted by Robert
            As announced today on our main site, we now have the opportunity to organise ourselves into a group if we want to purchase a bunch of the biodiesel that Waterway Construction has been using!
            Due to the legal and logistical issues (as mentioned in the announcement), we can't just turn up and put it in our car's tanks from a bowser (yet). However, there is no reason why we could not purchase quantities in drums, to be distributed amongst ourselves off-site later.

This means that we will have to collect ourselves together, by posting here to register interest. Then we need to organise the logistics of purchasing and distributing among our group internally here as well.
            This thread has been set up to facilitate this process. If we all post here, then we can all see what is going on. If you want to stay informed of developments, then subscribe to this thread and you can be emailed every time a post is made.

Personally I am eager to buy our first batch ASAP, but let's wait and see who else wants to join in and then we can decide on how before we can know when.

Comment

Re: Sydney Biodiesel Purchasing Group - Let's buy some now!

Dear Robert, I am on the verge of buying a diesel car and am very interested in also joining the purchasing group. I am not familiar with internet forums and their workings (this reply took my wife and me 20 minutes!) - if I am admitted to the purchasing group, how do I find out? Regards and thanks, Phil (Biofuelbaby)

QUOTE=Robert]As announced today on our main site, we now have the opportunity to organise ourselves into a group if we want to purchase a bunch of the biodiesel that Waterway Construction has been using!
              Due to the legal and logistical issues (as mentioned in the announcement), we can't just turn up and put it in our car's tanks from a bowser (yet). However, there is no reason why we could not purchase quantities in drums, to be distributed amongst ourselves off-site later.

This means that we will have to collect ourselves together, by posting here to register interest. Then we need to organise the logistics of purchasing and distributing among our group internally here as well.
              This thread has been set up to facilitate this process. If we all post here, then we can all see what is going on. If you want to stay informed of developments, then subscribe to this thread and you can be emailed every time a post is made.

Personally I am eager to buy our first batch ASAP, but let's wait and see who else wants to join in and then we can decide on how before we can know when.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the forums. Don't worry, it will soon become quite familiar to you as you use it more. We are all here to help.
                I've just activated your login so that now you will be able to see our private area. It will appear as a sub forum of this one - you can also click this link here to be taken to it. See you in there
                Robert.
                Site Admin.

Comment

were can I get some to try for my nissan patrol 97 modal I live in gosford.

Comment

I am very keen to buy a drum of fuel. I live in Brooklyn and was to see if the drum could be refilled by the guys from the central coast on their way to sydney.

Comment

Hi Blochie & Ron,

I've just activated your logins to access our private purchasing area.

The plant that supplies Waterway Fuels is in Gosford, but I'm not really sure if they are set up to supply to individual users, perhaps if there are enough of you on the central coast you could form another purchasing group up there? There is also the other plant in Rutherford which will happily serve biodiesel to anyone, as long as they have a min quantity of 200L.

Otherwise, if any of you can make it down Sydney way, we'd be happy for you to join in with our purchase.

If you want a private thread for a Central Coast users group, just start a new one in the private purchasing group area (and maybe an announcement thread here like this one).
                      Robert.
                      Site Admin.

Comment

I have been following the Biodiesel alternative debate for sometime hoping that it will finally be available to the public. I am interested in trialling a tank full. Please advise if and when it can go ahead.

My vehicle is a 2002 Prado Diesel.

Thank you Sandra.

Comment

Hi all
                          have joined yesterday,i would also like to obtain some biodiesel on the 29.10.2005.Please advise location and time.
                          regards siebe

Comment

Hi Siebe,
                            How much do you want?

It is coming in 200 litre drums so you will need to be able to pick one up or to arrange to share with a buddy and have one of you pick it up.

For simplicity sake we are only co-ordinating it by the drum full on this occassion or it would end up taking us too long to get the logisitics together for the first pick up.

Regards,
                            cameron

Comment

Hi Sandra & Siebe,

I've just activated your accounts now.

Cheers,
                              Robert.
                              Site Admin.

Comment

Dear Robert,

just logged in courtesy of Cameron, we are interested in joining your buying group for the biodiesel, we have no hassel buying as 200 litre drum at a time....as well as trying to support the groupm where possible. We drive a Vito van...any users out there....

Comment

Working...
                                X