Next Sydney Picnic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next Sydney Picnic

Does anybody know if i can bring my dog DIESEL????
    Cheers
    Nick.
    Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone! It was fantastic to meet you all.

Benny and the kids all had great fun too

XOXOX

Vi

Comment

Well DIESEL and I had a great day at the picnic today Guys Thanks!
        A special thank you to Brian from Grimwood Heating for showing the great products they have available for backyard bio makers. I was really impressed with your prices and quality

And also hats off to Hidatid for the whip crackin' good time you showed the young and young at heart.

Cant wait for the next one
        Cheers
        Nick.
        Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW
        sigpic

Comment

Yes it was good to put faces to names.
          I was pretty late getting there as I had a 2 hour drive to David's place to pick up the old upflow tank, then spent a useful hour yacking with David about oil etc.
          Finally got there about 2.30 and got to meet lots of people I 'know' from the forum but have not met before.

Lets have another one in a couple of months. Further north next time?

Comment

Yes it was a great fun day and good to meet you all - particularly the new faces (to me at least). The wife wants a whip of her own now so I think I'm in real trouble!

Further north would suit me too Paul, so maybe next time we'll have it closer to us!
            Sean

Comment

Hey guys i had a great time
              I want disappointed at all the bits that learned about Vege fuels
              as well as water injection
              Thanks for the picnic

Benny

Comment

Originally posted by benny2026 View Post
                Hey guys i had a great time
                I want disappointed at all the bits that learned about Vege fuels
                as well as water injection
                Thanks for the picnic

Benny
                Hey Benny,
                Welcome to the forum. Good to meet you on Sunday.
                Maroubra eh! I grew up in the E.S., spent a lot of time on Coogee beach.
                My son is looking for a Surf so that I can convert it for him and he can run on WVO.

Now you've joined the forum lets hear from you on the SVO area.
                Again welcome.

Comment

Ahh what can i say about SVO that hasn't already been said maybe .. Whats SVO?
                  Installationin my Toyota dyna was easy as access is good and no turbo,
                  I found bolt on plastic tanks to go on the back under the tray 2 x 60 litres
                  and i can add another 200 litre tank from Kmart that will fit in the tray against the front wall (one day)
                  I found installing The system in Violas car quite easy for the challenge of access.
                  removal of the turbo manifold and air filter.
                  The necromic (i think thats what its called) wire goes on fairly easily with gentle fiddling.
                  I found the expensive silicon self bonding tape to be incredible and secure.
                  this is used as a cold start option and line heater when running.
                  It has heat activated switches to prevent over heating and let you know when operating temp is reached.
                  we originally installed a heat exchange with Glow plug and Fuel filter that was good , but decided a car needing so much electricity for power windows etc should not have that kinda load all the time.
                  They where replaced with a Daveco filter with water based heat exchanger.
                  this was chosen over the normal filter because of it high filter capacity, high sediment and water capcity and built in water trap in the filter medium.
                  Meaning vege oil / lard collected of the side of the road could be used in emergency / travel situation.

we store our fuel on a 6 x 4 trailer in 200 liter plastic drums and just leave them for a few weeks after they become full. no filtration is used at this time accept through a flower sieve sitting inside an 8" funnel.
                  This grabs chips moths crumbs etc.
                  the lard goes through. so do smaller particles.

Sedimentation and water is occasionally pumped off the bottom using hand pump or 12v diaphragm pump and disposed of in commercial oil collection points (usually really late at night)

Both systems functioning fantastic only let down is when they run outta fuel.
                  Oil changes are combined with engine clean to avoid polymerized residue in the sump from unburned veg e oil.

photos to come one day

Benny

Comment

Working...
                  X