Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Sydney Users

Originally posted by geewizztoo
    I'm south of Liverpool, near the Holsworthy army camp. I'm willing to help any newbies to get started.
    Hi I'm a total novice at making fuel but would like to talk to some one who is making it sucesfully.
    I can be contacted through this web site, or you can even ring me on 0425322008 or 0247417868. I live in the blue mountains at Springwood.
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 8 August 2006, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Hi Tim, I've edited your post to exclude your email address - spam spiders will find it in no time and you will not be able to stop them from filling up your own private email with crap. Better to just tell people to contact you via your personal profile on the site which will hide your email address from the public, but still allow people to contact you.
      There are a couple of other folk from Springwood in here, have a look around and you might also consider a trip down to Homebush for our picnic day once we get the details sorted.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Hi Tim,

I'm still willing to help, but I'm getting more enquiries than I can handle. I'm planning to organise a local workshop soon and I'm currently working on finding a suitable venue. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

geewizztoo

What sort of venue are you looking for with regards to holding a workshop?
          Dave

Comment

Hi guys. Am new two to biodiesel, but very interested in getting started in producing my own. I too would like to observe an experienced backyard producer at work before attempting to make my own. Just to be sure i'm going to do it right and not make any common mistakes that i'm sure first timers like myself are prone todo. I'm really interested in your workshop "geewiztoo" pls let me know when you are able to finalise details. I was looking at building an "appleseed type processor" from an old water heater, anyone here done something similar? Very excited about producing my own fuel, already owning one diesel vehicle and having ordered the missus a new ASTRA TDI to be picked up Fri. week.

Comment

What sort of venue are you looking for with regards to holding a workshop?
              Most of the issues holding me back revolve around safety and covering my backside. Preferably a neutral location, ie - not someones shed, plenty of space, safe, good ventilation, lots of parking, easy to get to, etc, etc.

Comment

Hi geewizztoo,
                I know you want to do it locally but if you decide to travel a little more I cold arrange for a space suitable workshop and trainingroom space for you at UNSW.

Let me know.

Cameron

Comment

Yes please Cameron! Uni labs would be a much better, more neutral site. Please get us some space there and I'm sure it would be well used. We at least have to have a first session and then once the process is down pat and everyone is feeling more confident, perhaps other sessions could also be done elsewhere. The hardest part is the hurdle of the first one, so if you could help overcome that, I'm sure folk in the outer fringes would not mind a commute into UNSW.
                  Robert.
                  Site Admin.

Comment

Robert & Cameron - Hi I'm also new to this but have been getting info from Tilly & others. I'm at the stage of experimenting with Titration using Dr Peppers methods, as far as large batches go I've picked up an old 250L hot water system & 44 gal drum that I'm still converting to meet my needs. If you have a work shop day & or any advice for me I would be extremely grateful. I live in the Campbelltown area & drive a Landcrusier.
                    Am eager to get started & look forward to your reply's
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Michael

Comment

Hi Guys, I want to get into making the brew. I'm hoping to have 200 litres of WVO in a few weeks, but I've just started a new job and work every second saturday. I would like to attend your "training day" werever it may be. I live at Kellyville and can be contacted on my mobile 0412 479 123.
                      Bring it on. Bob.

Comment

Hi Guys,

It was really good to find this Australian forum on bio diesel.

I've been doing some research into BD & came across this site. I noticed you lived locally (as do quite a number of BD users by the look of it) & thought I'd put some questions out there that I could'nt find answers to.

I'm curious to know what the per litre price of BD works out to be around the Sydney metro?

Even though I've read the evidence to say BD is great it still feels like a daunting step & what do you do if you go on holidays, can you still fill up on petrodiesel? I dont like the idea of towing around 44 gallon drums of BD.

C/Bumbly

Comment

Hey C/Bumbly,

I can't comment on the price, as I don't make it myself, but I can tell you that biodiesel & petrodiesel will mix happily in any ratio. You can move from one to to the other with no worries. If you decide to make your own bio, have a good supply tanked up in your garage, then find yourself on holidays with only dino-diesel available at the pump, you will still be able to use it. Biodiesel needs no engine modification and you can switch between dirty distillate and biodiesel at any time.
                          Robert.
                          Site Admin.

Comment

I'd be interested in a training workshop. I'm also into multimedia and would be interested to make a DVD of the process etc.

George

Comment

Hi George,
                              There has been some talk about a workshop in one of the other forum areas and it will definitely happen. Right now we seem to be a little more focused on organising our first social get together and on establishing the national users group.

When the workshop does happen I am sure that filming it for a dvd would be a great idea.

Cheers,
                              Cameron

Comment

Hi all...Im looking to connect with other people in the area, I will be around Penrith in december and january. I run my toyota dyna truck on waste vegi oil (she has driven 10000km)and want to start making my own biodiesel maybe just to start up and shut down im not sure yet?? see how it goes and the size of the processor i plan to build......I have some plans for the reactor and a recipe i want to follow...would be great if there were others in the area who want to join in the fun of offer some advise.....
                                kyah

Comment

Working...
                                X