Western Sydney Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Sydney Users

Hello there, my first post, about to purchase a small diesel car, to use biodiesel. Does anyone sell it out here? I am not anaware of the risk in answering this question, but there seems to be serious users out there, and need to know before I commit..will probabley do it anyway, as i am great beleiver in the underground...i am a tafe teacher and was telling one of my students to refine it, and i would buy from him..is marrickville the closest pump station? I am in baulkham hills - any other hills people out there interested? keen to see whats out there, kerryn

Comment

The Marrickville station closed a long time ago. Don't know if/when it will reopen.

As for buying it from other home brewers I think that is a big no-no due to the tax/legal implications. As soon as anyone starts selling something for profit they can get into a whole heap of trouble if it's not done above board. And that means a whole mountain of paperwork and cost to do it legitimately, the biggest one being you have to have it tested to meet certain standards which is very expensive.

So for most backyard brewers it's unviable to sell it, so they only produce enough for their own consumption, thereby staying (mostly) under the ATO radar.

However I think there is one place you can buy it from legitimately in the Sydney area, and I believe Robert and a few others take occasional trips there to buy it by the drum. Don't think the cost is much lower than dinodiesel though.
      Sean

Comment

Yes, if you are in it purely to try and save a buck, don't bother. Biodiesel is bigger and better than just saving a buck in many ways, social, environmental, political and not to mention - better for your car.
        The first batch I bought was for $1.45/L and that was when petrodiesel was around $1.10.
        If you do want to buy it, it can be found at Rutherford, or also can be arranged if it is in large quantities from Morris who still runs The Biodiesel Station, just not from a fixed retail location. Occasionally, a group of people gather together and make a combined purchase.
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
          If you do want to buy it, it can be found at Rutherford.
          What minimum quantity do you have to purchase at Rutherford?

Does Rutherford have a bowser to fill up a vehicle tank or do they require you to purchase in drum loads or larger.
          George

Comment

keiran bd can be purchased at volume plus Wentworthville ( south side GWH, West of Cumberland hwy) or Vineyard ( left hand side before the public school going towards Windsor) The first one is more reliable but when you get it ask them for a phone No so you can check up on supply. I have not had any problems with the fuel in seven months. Bob (Kellyville)

Comment

yes, Rutherford have a bowser and they are quite friendly. They have a min quantity of 200L. Volume Plus... buyer beware! Maybe they've cleaned up their act, but I will never purchase fuel there again until they can actively demonstrate some more consumer friendly manners.
              Robert.
              Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                yes, Rutherford have a bowser and they are quite friendly. They have a min quantity of 200L.
                Thanks for this info.
                George

Comment

For those of you, like myself who do not trust the VP unknown blends, B100 will be available if you can get yourself to Homebush on Sunday morning. See this thread for more info.
                  Robert.
                  Site Admin.

Comment

hi there, as a rookie, does anyone have any info/experience with vw golf, converting it to biodiesel? and what is wrong with volume plus blends? wish i had purchased my car already, i would be over to homebush. Does the truck make regular trips around Sydney? thanks to those standing up for all the other amazing reasons for biodiesel, rather than the price. Just talking about it and anticipating /planning the change over does wonders for the guilt you feel when you fill up(that you are putting more profits into very fat pockets already, and maybe adding to the agnst around oil supply and therefore indirectly indfluencing the war in Iraq???) all these things go through my head anyway, but that there is another way is very exciting. and powerful.. bring it on! Thanks for replys to my first question also, cheers, kerryn

Comment

another quick question, where is rutherford? it keeps coming up in conversation. ta,kerryn

Comment

Hi Kerryn. There are volumes of discussion all over the forum in many different sections about people's experiences with VP. Try this thread for a start, also have a look here. The short answer is that they have developed a bit of a bad reputation.
                        Now, as for biodiesel in a VW Golf (I assume you are talking about the diesel version), then there is no conversion needed. Biodiesel is designed to run in any diesel engine without conversion. There are some people who want to run straight vegetable oil (SVO), which is really just unprocessed biodiesel. If you want to run SVO, then you do need to make a few modifications. Check the SVO area for more info on that. If you want specific info on the VW Golf on biodiesel, this topic has been discussed lots in here, so try using the search function with the words "VW Golf" and you'll turn up lots of threads discussing this.
                        Your last question: "Where is Rutherford?" It's up in the Hunter area, near Maitland. You'll find it on the biodiesel finder map. Check here, then zoom in to get a closer look.
                        Robert.
                        Site Admin.

Comment

Giday From The Mountains Near Lithgow
                          I Have A Hilux 3 Ltre And I Would Love To Have Access To Cheaper Fuel

Comment

Hi guys I'm setting up my biodiesl plant and was wondering if some experienced producers could walk me through the process from aquiring the equipment to producing my first batch. I have a nice 2 element hot water system coming and a supply of good waste cottonseed oil.what I need is a pump ,fittings ,titration equipment , filtration system ,methoxide tank,wash tank and storage tank ,address of methanol supplier and chemical supplier .I'm in the St Mary's /Penrith area

Comment

Hi Hidatid,
                              We may be able to help with the Methanol part. We were able to get 20 liters of it (can supplied as well) at the bulk fuel outlet on the Great Western Highway at Werrington. (Almost opposite Mc. Donalds). The depot is directly behind the gas station on the corner (I think it's Werrington Road).
                              It cost us around $49 and that was over a year ago, but I don't think much has changed since then as the place is still there. When you manage to get this up and running, we wouldn't mind buying from you. Happy hunting

Frank and Eva Lopez.

Comment

Good to here from you frank and eva ,since my last post I've made some progress .I've sourced about 250 lt of quality cottonseed oil ,bought scales, pump and some lab supplies .Ive also found two places I can buy bulk methanol for $1.00 a lt

Comment

Working...
                                X