Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lower North Shore Biofuel Users Group

Suzy,

I don't believe there will be any biodiesel available for sale on the 29th, but I my be wrong!

I bought some 20 litre black plastic jerry cans from Whitworths in Crows Nest, also made by Rheem, for $39.90 each. I think this is expensive, but they do seem to be good quality, have double openings and come with a non-drip spout. 5 and 10 litre sizes are also available, ideal if you like to keep a few spare litres in the boot.

I think the yellow one you showed might be more appropriate for biodiesel!
    Peter
    Donating Member
    Last edited by Peter; 20 April 2007, 12:09 PM.
    Peter

VW Golf GT Sport 2.0 TDI

Comment

I just picked up a bunch of "Pro Quip" Jerry cans from Bunnings. They're 20 litres, bright yellow plastic, and made for diesel. They come with breather thingies and a pouring spout. Best of all, they're reduced from $52 to $23, at least until the weekend.

Comment

Bio-sundays

Hope everyone is looking forward to Sunday
        Are we having brews and food in the Club?
        Looking forward to seeing everyone.
        Ray
        Ray Adams

Comment

I am still up for it and am looking forward to catching up with people.

Did we discuss where we would be meeting so that we can get signed in?

I don't really know the place too well so I don't have any suggestions. Peter? Ray?

Cheers,
          Cameron

Comment

I'm also still keen.

I think there's a park opposite, where we could meet. I've just put a thumping big "powered by BIODIESEL" sticker on the back of my car (from Biodiesel stickers, custom decals, biodiesel decals and promotional items, graphic and web design), so the car at least will be readily identifiable.
            Last edited by Suzy; 27 April 2007, 11:49 AM.

Comment

its pretty casual.. good staff, good veiw..
              i dont think they do lunch menus on a sunday though..
              will that be a problem?
              Ray Adams

Comment

OK 12 noon in the park across the road.

See folks there

Comment

Hi everyone,

Also confirming I will be there - with a membership card! The opening hours on Sundays are 11am-9pm for the bar, and 12noon - 3pm for lunch. Cost of meals is roughly $12-$24.

See you in the park at noon!
                  Peter

VW Golf GT Sport 2.0 TDI

Comment

Well, we came we saw, we conquered. Drinks were consumed, lunch was had, the park and the Club itself were nice and an all round good time was had by all. The conversation as always was peppered with biodiesel but also covered other humerous or informative topics.

Solid gold ingots were provided to each of us who attended (6 in all) but we have been sworn to never show them to anyone from this forum nor to ever mention it again.

If you want yours you will simply have to come along to the next catch up where I am sure that you will find our generous and secret benefector will be once again rewarding us for making the effort to turn up for a restful Sunday lunchtime overlooking the world class Sydney Harbour.

The only downsides were that we couldn't work out the member sign in process too easily (not that this even remotely mattered in the end) and that the vego meal was a lot closer to a bowl of wedges than I had hoped. Meanwhile the steaks and whopping great beef pies in bowls looked delicious. Shame I am a vego!

Ray might have thought that the hangover he was sporting might have counted as a downside too ...

Cameron

Comment

Aye - 'twas good to be able to put faces to names, and great hearing about the Illabunda stuff. I look forward to the next one.

Cheers,

Suzy

Comment

Yes, it was good to see you all there too. Let's get together for another event somewhere soon.

Oh, and Suzy, that sticker on the back of your Pug looks great!

Cheers,
                        Robert.
                        Site Admin.

Comment

Also in FF and always willing to chew the fat over a can, however, I want to at least complete my first batch...........so that I can have some experiences to talk about! Cheers

Comment

Hi all
                            This group still active?
                            I'm most interested in WVO but don't have the space to set anything up at moment.
                            Keen to buy biodiesel locally if available.
                            Cheers.
                            MB 300TD'81

Comment

I still look from time to time. I have now sold my Bio-beast and bought a something that I would be too scared to put Bio in. I will be selling my apparatus. This includes:
                              •300lt copper hot water service with element. This heats up the oil to approx 60deg. Works well and probably worth a fortune in just copper.
                              •Pump: this can transfer waste oil to the main reactor as well as circulating the oil/mixing with methanol/Sodium Hydroxide
                              •Timber stand
                              •All the plumbing
                              •44 gallon steel drum for collecting waste vegetable oil
                              •Two large barrels for washing the biodiesel
                              •Tub and pump for drying biodeisel
                              •44 gallon drum with about 40 litres of methanol
                              • If I can find them, my instruction manual and notes
                              •Tritation kit which includes electronic micro scales, alcohol…. Everything
                              •Lots more
                              I had a lot of fun for 4 years experimenting and creating good fuel. I was fortunate to have good quality waste oil supplied by our local Thai restaurant and I figure I must have made over 10000 litres of diesel. I averaged at 23 cents per litre. I ran from Sydney to Ayres Rock whilst towing a caravan all on Bio (before running out and moving to conventional diesel).

Pickup is Frenchs Forest which is on the north side of Sydney. PM me if you are interested

Comment

Working...
                              X