Freedom Fuel B20 Biodiesel in brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom Fuel B20 Biodiesel in brisbane

Hi there! Just wanting to know has anyone tried the new b20 biodiesel fuel from Freedom Fuel? I have tried them and have noticed increase in fuel ecomony from 4.7l/ 100km on USLD to 5.1 L/ 100km on B20

any thoughts>

peugeot 2006,307 HDI

Re: Freedom Fuel B20 Biodiesel in brisbane

Used them once, no issues but decreased economy is entirley expected, due to many things. Engine timing, fuel calorific differences for starters.

Matt
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Umm, that's like 8% (if my calculations are correct), seems a little high for B20? I'd expect about 5% on B100, give or take a few %. Am I missing something here?

I guess driving conditions, vehicle and all sort of factors play a part here, so we could allow for some of this. How accurate are your measurements?

When you say an "increase in fuel economy", I'd guess you mean a decrease, or an "increase in fuel consumption.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

I am sure many issues come into play here but I have a landcruiser it got 93Kw on mineral and 88kw (at the wheels) on B100 with a stock standard timing regime. No allowance has been made for biodiesel and who knows aht the injection pump is really doing.

The Peugoet on the other hand is computer controlled, its quite predictable. I have one friend with one of these (2006 model) and he had it in for some work and they ran an upgrade to the ECU, he know states its runs better on biodiesel than on mineral and the mechanic stated he did not knowof another 307 with the same go from start. From this I think that he has the timing adjusted for biodiesel and its low end torque delivery is due to the nature of B100. So there are many things in it, I just wish I could get my 307 tuned like this!

Matt
        Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Working...
        X