Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small quantities of Bio-Diesel available, Brisbane southside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Small quantities of Bio-Diesel available, Brisbane southside.

As a point of interest, is commercially produced Biodiel subject to excise?

Comment

This thread has jumped waaaaayyy of topic. as a side note - pH can be measured in non-aqeuos solutions, but it has a different formula for calculation of the value and the a different scale. one cannot simply use the same measurement equipment to compare aqeuos and non-aqueos solutions. A quick read of Wiki will sort it out. The maths is way beyond my meagre abilities to allow me to provide any further explanation.

As all the nasty bits in the bio are water soluable, but the bio is not, so getting a wash water that measures 7 on a pH scale would generally suggest that only methyl esters remain? (in any significant portion anyway) - assuming it passes the 3/27 test (which I think is a bit arbitrary anyway). Is that a reasonable assumption?

Also, without wanting to make anything harder for a our bretheren and alerting any big brothers out there, I dont think any of us would sell our experimental fuel??? isnt it only for personal experiments??

Surely if we were to sell it, excise would definetly be payable.

brains trust - I am waiting for the comments to flow.....

Comment

Hi Cade,
        Originally posted by Captaincademan View Post
        This thread has jumped waaaaayyy of topic.
        I am not sure it is all that much off topic. We are discussing the testing procedure used to determine the quality of the biodiesel under discussion and whether the test procedure is valid.
        Hopefully some misconceptions are being sorted out. Information is flowing and quite frequently these types of discussions result in a greater overall understanding for everyone,

as a side note - pH can be measured in non-aqeuos solutions, but it has a different formula for calculation of the value and the a different scale. one cannot simply use the same measurement equipment to compare aqeuos and non-aqueos solutions. A quick read of Wiki will sort it out.
        A quick read of the wiki article did not sort it out for me, but your statement that "one cannot simply use the same measurement equipment to compare aqeuos and non-aqueos solutions." is probably a "punch line" in this discussion. Electronic pH meters and Litmus paper are most likely designed to check the pH of aqueous materials, not oils.

As all the nasty bits in the bio are water soluable, but the bio is not, so getting a wash water that measures 7 on a pH scale would generally suggest that only methyl esters remain? (in any significant portion anyway)- assuming it passes the 3/27 test (which I think is a bit arbitrary anyway). Is that a reasonable assumption?
        Assumptions are bad things to make. {See the above posts} All the "nasty bits" may not necessarily be water soluble, I do not know.. Just off the top of my head I wonder about FFA's, monoglycerides and calcium soaps and whether they are water soluable and detected in the 3/27 test.
        Also, the wash water is not necessarily pH 7 to start with. It often contains a "contaminate"
        I have been informed that it does not take much "contaminate" to make a fairly big change in the pH of water. Apple juice has a pH of 3.
        My pH meter died over 10 years ago. Curious what adding 1g of KOH to a litre of water does to it's pH (titrating fluid).

Also, without wanting to make anything harder for a our bretheren and alerting any big brothers out there, I dont think any of us would sell our experimental fuel??? isnt it only for personal experiments?
        Yes, it is my understanding that the moneys talked about in this thread are for labour and various overheads.

Comment

I thought the thread was about the fact that Threegees wanted to offload some extra bio he had

Comment

Hi Cade,
            Indeed, you are correct.
            If no further discussion is wanted then I am sure the "powers that be" will delete every post in this thread after the original post and this forum can get on with more important matters.

Originally posted by Captaincademan View Post
            I thought the thread was about the fact that Threegees wanted to offload some extra bio he had
            tillyfromparadise
            Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 28 May 2013, 06:12 PM.

Comment

the forum is all yours Tilly. go for it. I was just trying to get the thread back in line so Threegees had a chance to sell his non-profit fuel.

Comment

I think most of us know the situation regarding Excise. As I see it there appears to be no change in liability whether it is made for personal consumption or for resale and whether a profit is made or otherwise. Establish a licenced manufacturing facility, Bond store etc.[not possible for most]; Make it; pay excise; certify that it meets the required standards [prohibitively expensive for the home producer]; claim the clean fuels rebate.
                One really does have to question the wisdom of offering it for sale on a public forum.
                Tilly will be along soon to tell us how it really is - all assumptions aside!
                250downunder
                Donating Member
                Last edited by 250downunder; 29 May 2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Hi 250 downumder,
                  I have nothing further to say in this thread.

Comment

To all,
                    To put all your minds at rest, I do pay exise and payment is for "services rendered" on exceess fuel I produce. As far as PH is concerned, I'll keep doing what I've allways done!,

Cheers Gregg.

Comment

http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/Pri...t/00200086.htm

Of course you do! No one ever doubted that! After all, it is so easy to comply. But why bother with your own tests when a condition of claiming the cleaner fuels rebate is to have testing done by a certified laboritory. I know, you absorb the 38 cents excise and don't bother to claim the offsetting rebate. After all 38 cents is neither here nor there when you can get $1.00 per litre!

Comment

Hi Greg

Just joined the forum. Interested in using biodiesel to power a couple of kerosene pressure burners. I'm guessing B100 is the way to go. Do you still supply a small amount on the southside of brisbane? If so, does your product smell like fish and chips when it burns. That could work for me.

Regards

Peter A

Comment

Good fuel and yes its fish and chips.
                          Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Hi Threegees
                            Do you still have biodiesel available? I am looking for some on the brisbane southside.

Comment

Originally posted by linux2 View Post
                              Hi Threegees
                              Do you still have biodiesel available? I am looking for some on the brisbane southside.
                              Hi inux,
                              Yes I do have some from time to time. Send me a private message and I will give you my contact details.

Cheers Gregg.

Comment

Working...
                              X