Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Quite Brisbane... FNQ

Hi there.

I'm located in Cairns, FNQ and work in retail fuel industry (yes, it's not just the oil companies screwing the consumer, the retailers are doing it too...).

I've had a strong interest in self-sufficiency for years - you know,tending the veggie garden, experimenting with alternative housepower, etc. - and now myself and a mate are working trying to develop a little self sufficiency in fuel, looking at alternatives for both diesel and petroleum.

We've decided on biodiesel as our first project and we have sourced the required WVO. Once we gather the chemicals and equipment needed, we'll embark on maybe a 1 litre test batch using store-bought veggie oil, with a view towards larger scale production for personal use using waste vegetable oil.

Once we've sorted out BioD production, we have plans to use my mate's existing reflux still to convert an old four-stroke lawnmower engine to ethanol. If this is successful, my 96 model coily suzi sierra might find itself on a different diet.

Any other FNQers out there working on the similar things?

Cheers
    :eek:

Re: Not Quite Brisbane... FNQ

Not in FNQ, but was born in Townsville many years ago.
    Keep up the good work, ask for help if you feel the need, there many people here to help you.

Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Re: Not Quite Brisbane... FNQ

Hi Omega man, I will be up that way in about a weeks time as we are on our way to Daintree and Cooktown. We are leaving Brisbane on Monday and plan to spend a few days in Cairns looking around the area before moving on. We could meet if you are interested. PM me with your contact details if you want to meet.
      regards
      Peter

Comment

Working...
      X