Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Brisbane User - Requesting Help

Matt,
    I have read many posts about costs etc for base materials but you have succinctly laid it all out. Well done. I actually didn't realise it could be that cheap! I am thinking of trading the X Trail in and buying a more serious 4WD, preferably on diesel. I was at the Land Rover dealership on the weekend and the look on their face when you speak about bio diesel was priceless. You sound an astute user of bio diesel, have you ever had mechanical problems and would you recommend running a new vehicle on BD?
    I am looking at setting a BD 'home plant' up and if I cannot secure about 100L of WVO or similar a week (to produce about 100L of BD after catalyst is added) I would consider a small seed crusher as a part of my plant. Have you ever considered buying the natural seed and crushing it or do you have consistenet supplier of oil?
    The information on this site is excellent and I look forward to being able to make a contribution to this site and the environment.

Comment

Flattery will get you everywhere they say!

Well talk to Robert the site admin re the latest Landrovers on bio but I believe they do. It is worthwhile carefully selecting a new or more particularly a second hand vehicle to run on bio as some are not happy and can be affected by the use of it.

Saying that, any modern diesel should run on it, so when you think of what you would like to get come back and ask.

I run a toyota 80 series turbo diesel (98) and a peugeot 307HDi (2004) and others on this forum run a variety of vehicles, so feel free to ask.

I have not had mechanical problems but many fuel starvation issues due to either gunk left over from mineral diesel or a slowly blocking filter due to fine particulates in my bio.

It is not an exact science as yet but the more you know the better of you are. As for seed crushing there are issues with degumming it and possibly some others but they are most likely solvable.

Visit the infopop biodiesel forum (do a google search on infopop and biodiesel and you will get there) and they will also happily relate their experiences too.

Regards,
      Matt
      Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Hi all,

I am new to biodiesel and have been doing alot of reading on it over the last few months.

I have secured a source of 40-60L per week of used veggie oil and have a couple more in the pipeline.

It looks like I just missed the meetup last month which was a pity.

Being based in Brisbane I would really like to see someone elses setup and possibly find someone to mentor me in the process.

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

Comment

Hi All,
          Just joined and would like to say what a pleasure it is to find a community of like minded people. I too am ready to start making Bio-Diesel and would like to meet up with anyone in the greater Brisbane area that will soon be making a batch to get some hands on feel for the process.

Also, from the posts, I gather that there is a regular meet up; could I get an invite for this.

Many Thanks

Comment

Good evening Picolo,

No one else has responded and I felt quite bad so I thought I would hop in. The local group is a bit quiet at the moment as they are either all too busy working or are starting up operations. I am sure there will be another get together.

As for experience that is up to someone who has a small setup to show you. Its not me unfortunately either sad to say. Hopefully someone will jump in, where abouts do you live, east, west south or north? If its out the west suburbs I may be able to help, otherwise lets wait and see who pops up?

Regards,
            Matt
            Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Hey there all, yeh I have been fairly quiet in regards to this site, but once again I thinking of setting up the biggest draw back is the fact that I have no where to do it... I think that I have found somewhere now and want to have look at someones setup as well, so that I know what is happening and what it all looks like... yeh I know I am cheating but it is all ways good to have a look at what someone else has done.... the only problem is that I am in Toowoomba and everyone that I see on this site is in Brisbane, which I don't really get to that much (got to love the cost of fuel, diesel and petrol).

So if there is anyone out there that lives in Toowoomba or close by then give me a holler and we can talk.

PS sorry that I wasn't able to come to the first meeting but you have to love the family commitments......

Comment

I have just found this Forum today and have been doing a bit of reading on Bio and I am VERY interested in going into home production.
                I am central suburban Brisbane and would like to meet with a producer and observe the setup and process, please.

Any helpers??

Cheers

Comment

hey i was looking to start up on a small basis and i think buying 25kg of KOH is a bit too much for me so i was wondering if there were others out there in my position and wanted to go in with me on he purchase

Comment

We are a small regional business that has been interested in setting up to supply BD consumables to BD enthusiasts or some time. We have personally been making and using BD for about 12 months. We need more exposure if we are to enter the supply market. We are based north of Brisbane, already opperate in the chemical wholesale market and our distribution is sound and already cover the area a from the Tweed to Bowen with our existing business. Currently, we can supply small to bulk KOH, Methanol, and bulk oil and are looking at adding hardware such as pumps, motors and reactors to the range soon. We are interested in contacting someone that can help us put our DIY Biodiesel Warehouse in Queensland on the map. Our expertise is in the distribution end so all you manufaturers don't get worried. We're distributiors not manufaturers. We can also supply from local manufatures (prefered) or we can import. If you want to know more check out our website Sunshine Fuels The website has been under construction for about 6 months but will progresvely be updated over the next 3 months including a warehouse price list.
                    Cheers
                    Peter

Comment

Working...
                    X