Thomastown Biodisel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thomastown Biodisel

That's Fantastic news about the latest warranty from CAT!! This opens a whole new opportunity for those of little faith in the Construction industry chocking up their lungs while using "bobcats", "dingos", JCB's etc etc. The price of excavation for the Architect or Builder has become prohibitive of late.

Comment

Latest news

Hi,

Has anyone picked fuel up recently?? Can't seem to get in touch with Tom??

Any News on availability???

Cheers

J

Comment

Re: Latest news

Originally posted by jamard View Post
        Hi,

Has anyone picked fuel up recently?? Can't seem to get in touch with Tom??

Any News on availability???

Cheers

J
        I filled up on Tuesday 18/11 - 2 days ago.
        1987 Mercedes W124 300D
        1997 Ssangyong Musso Wagon

Comment

Re: Latest news

Apparently Tom's not there as often as he used to be.

Try calling Yanni instead - 0448716077

Cheers!

Comment

To everyone who hasn't been there lately, watch out for the new speed hump at the start of the first driveway! (not the gravelly yard)

Drove in a about a week ago and CRUNCH! then SCRAAAAAAAPE! on the way out. Always wanted a modified exhaust system, and now I've got one on a Merc 300D, no less!

Seriously, I think it's only superficial damage.

But it's a mother of a hump.

Try to enter on an angle if you can.
            1987 Mercedes W124 300D
            1997 Ssangyong Musso Wagon

Comment

The boys down there at thomastown are losing a bit of businees from the truckies. Basically diesel is cheap so there not bothered to travel out to them. So spread the word and try a get ya mates down there. They are selling at 1.05 as of last friday.

Comment

g'day eveyrone
                i'm mick and i live in werribee and looking for a bio supplier out my way can anyone help
                if not could you please give me the address to the biodiesl outlet in thomas town thanks in advance
                i've just joined the club and hope to learn alot from the experianced
                i'm a member of the aussie www.delicaclub.com and any advise that i can get will be passed on to our 6000 members thanks again for all your advice
                i own a vw 06 tdi 2.0 and a 95 delica super exceed tdi
                thanks in advance
                mick

Comment

Anyone know what the problem is at Thomastown? I haven't been able to get fuel there for a couple of months or more.

Will they open up again?

Cheers!

Comment

Hey Flubber, Apparently they've been a little dodgy with the Tax Man or so two of there empleyee's tell me and they had to pull the pin on fuel sales till the end of the last fiscal year. However last I was there it's still not selling but there still selling cooking oil just not biofuel. Poor bastards copped a floggin from the E.P.A for the second bowser they were running round the back of the factory, then I see on the news the other day there was a huge explosion with an employee in critical condition. I'll have to swing round there in the next couple of days and see if there anywhere near trading again if at all ever. Shame really I always liked the idea of supporting local business, aspecially ones with a green slant to them and I've kind of grown to the idea of running 100% biodiesel 100% of the time for the last 2 or 3 years now. I reckon I blow about 20% of the smoke I used to on dinodiesel and it starts a shitload better aswell.

Comment

That is sad news

Please post what information you can. Are you sure they had an explosion? I completely missed that on the news.

I totally agree with what you're saying about supporting local businesses that contribute to 'greener living'. These guys are like rough diamonds

Well, what to do about getting some biodiesel now..

Cheers!

Comment

Flubber,

There is a link at this thread on the forum
                        http://www.biofuelsforum.com/general...html#post48203

Tim
                        Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
                        12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
                        Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
                        Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
                        Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

Is Thomastown still operating?

Comment

I'm reasonably sure it's not operating. Hasn't done so for years, since they had their big accident. You can buy good quality cooking oil from them, though (rice bran oil).

Comment

Working...
                            X