After 15 years decided to start washing my biodiesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: After 15 years decided to start washing my biodiesel

Well I did it! Installed 3ct IP instead of 3cte. Took a whole day (i am pretty slow and had to humour myself all the way)

Very dubious, as I had 5 electric plugs left over not being used now, plus one plug on the 3ct pump not connected, and two hoses with no where to go.

Result: first observation, engine light and Low Oil lights on permanent on dash (no big deal) and Tacho not working.
    More importantly, sadly, motor much the same, running like a chaff cutter, no power. I had put down to the IP after seeing fuel going to it ok, and testing injectors by removing and turning engine over to see spray pattern. No spray pattern, just a sick spurt to one spot. Tried whole different set of injectors, no difference.

I may be be over Estimas now as, pretty sad I can't even find a second hand injector pump anywhere in OZ. And even if I did?

Just saw an add for 1998 Musso on this forum for $2500, SVO duel tanks looks attractive. About the price of recon IP and probably plenty of parts in future.

Jim

Comment

Thats no good Just want to ask have you checked the timing, sometimes the cam belt can skip a tooth if the engine has been rotated backwards. ( parked up hill in gear) This can give you the symptoms you describe. it not that common but it does happen, and it worth checking.

Comment

With injector out and reconnected to the ip wrong timing won't affect spray pattern.
        Check pressure regulating valve o rings. If ok Ip may be gummed up with polymerised oil.
        Johnnojack
        4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
        Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

You are correct Johnnnojack, but a bad spray pattern will not stop the engine from running. I think there is a couple of faults with this engine, the fact that he has changed the pump and the engine fault is the same, suggest that there is something else going on. Could be timing, head gasket blown between cylinders, blocked exhaust or intake, or a number of other things its really hard to fault find over the internet. Usually these sorts of faults are something stupid that just been over looked. Like a blocked fuel filter..... You did fit a new fuel filter right..?

Comment

Thought I should update for those who gave helpful advice.
            Finally gave up on my Estima after replacing head, injector pump and injectors. Can't work out what is wrong. Compression test came out OK also. It starts easy and idles fine, but then rev it up, smoke and knocking( like a fuel knock). Lot of money down the drain there.
            Bought a Musso (2007, 200,000k for bargain of $2500). Sick to death of washing biodeisel already, I bought an Elsbett WVO, single tank kit for $1100 including postage. I Have about 2000lt Bio to finish washing and use up and then its SVO from now on.
            MUsso runs great I am sure it will run great on straight veg also.
            Jim

Comment

Working...
            X