Water less washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water less washing

Is anyone able to let me know who distributes magnesol in Asutralia. And how much they paid for it.

Comment

Hello, everyone,here i found that the magnesol is everywhere and
      the chemical name is magnesium silicate. The Magnesol price is very
      high,compare to the water washing and many factory is still prefer to
      old water washing method to their biodiesel. If any one can finder the
      same product from other company and with better price, that will be much
      better for all of us. And do any one find the same product from other company or other country except DOLLAS? Here what i am doing now
      is to know much more about how to use magnesium silicate in the production of biodiesel. And then introduce to other friends and customers

Do any one also interested in this item, then we can disscus together and
      help each other. If any one interest, please contact bluesky@vip.163.com

Magnesol price is about USD4.5/KG

Originally posted by Sauman View Post
      The whole post disappeared on me. .
      Well here goes.Please read the attached from Dallas Corp.Magnesol is being used for a while now in the edible oil and pharma industry.I was on the case for water less washing for about three years,from a commercial point of veiw.We have tested the stuff in the lab a number of times,so have they and the Uni of Iowa.
      The stuff works but needs to have a mix of diatomeosus earth (about 10%) .
      They have found out the same and as typical yanks(we have to really learn marketing from these guys) released a product Magnesol D60 (only for Bio Diesel)
      This means all our backyard fringe makers can actually now do away with wasting water ,having a clean BD and if we are bold enough make a coop and make it and give the tax man the finger as it will come upto ASTM(based on which our specs are drawn) specs.All impurities removed .

Cheers
      Sauman
      P.S.:Would be worthwile to find out if they had a dealer in Aus.They don'y have one in India.And the guy who is to import it used to add his own stuff in as well.So we were up the creek for a while before we found out and went to a guy in Europe instead.
      liz
      Biofuels Forum Newbie
      Last edited by liz; 29 June 2007, 09:41 PM. Reason: address is wrong

Comment

Everyone realises this Magnesol is nothing more than common garden variety Talcum powder right?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          Everyone realises this Magnesol is nothing more than common garden variety Talcum powder right?

being a little lazy here, by asking this but how does one use Talcum powder to wash biodiesel. How much do you need?

I've yet to come across an answer for this. I've also never looked so thats probably why.
          Joe Morgan
          Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
          http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
          SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Dear Sauman,

Thank you very much that you just offer our company information here.

i can confirm everyone that we are producing magnesium silicate and with

much better price then Magnesol. Here after the tax rebate policy of China and will be effected on July 1ST, the price of thousands of chemicals increased because of the tax rebate changed. But still much
            better than other suppliers from other countries. Here if any one interested in this product, then you can find some local importers to import directly from our company and sell to the users.

Here if any one can import in MTS directly,then you can cotact me.

I am from Shangyu Jiehua Chemical Co., LTD. website: Chemicals - Sodium Percarbonate, Sodium Perborate, Magnesium Peroxide, TAED, Calcium Peroxide...

My contact information is:

Shangyu Jiehua Chemical Co., Ltd.
            Shangyu Fine chemical zone of Zhejiang Province,China
            Chemicals - Sodium Percarbonate, Sodium Perborate, Magnesium Peroxide, TAED, Calcium Peroxide...
            FAX: 86)571-85774298
            TEL: 86)571-85774292
            E-mail: bluesky82@vip.163.com
            jw_liz@hotmail.com

I had sold magnesium silicate to many customers all over the world.
            And most of them are manufactors of biodiesel or used in fried oil filtration.

Welcome everyone contact me and disturb me. Hope that i can bring your much more profit. Any one interested in it can send me emails. or talking with me here.

Originally posted by Sauman View Post
            Chinese mob details
            Headquarter & Mailing Address
            Sanpeng Bridge, Baiguan, Shangyu, Zhejiang 312351, P.R.China

E-mail for Sales Enquiry
            (if you could not find the the right contact information )
            sales@chem-world.com

Mfg. Site
            Hangzhou Gulf Fine Chemical Zone, Shangyu, Zhejiang 312369, P.R.China

Hangzhou Office
            Address: 1403B.C, No.308 Zhongshan North Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang310003, P.R.China
            Tel: (+86 571)85774290(91\92\93)
            Fax: (+86 571)85774298

USA office
            Address:184 Central Ave. Suite 100, Old Tappan, NJ 07675,USA
            Phone: +1-201-767-0414
            Fax: +1-201-767-0743
            E-mail: ryan@shangyuchem.com

Korea office
            Address: Suite 712, Daewoo City Plaza, 115 Juyop 2 - Dong
            Ilsan-Ku, Koyang - Si , kyoungki - Do, Korea
            Phone: + 82 31 918 0652
            Fax: + 82 31 918 7767
            E-mail: jpark@shangyuchem.com

Comment

David, take it from a chemist, talc is definitely not the same as Magnesol. Talc may filter particulates, but has no chemical reactivity towards glycerol, free fatty acids or water remaining in the Biofuel.
              We have been developing our own system of waterless washing, which now works very well, and we are importing the raw material from China and adding our own filter media to remove the magnesium silicate from the fuel.
              If anyone is interested in buying magnesium silicate for waterless washing, we can help at the right price, with the filter media added or without the filter media. Our next shipment arrives mid July, and we are in Brisbane.

Comment

Hi. I just read your post that said you had some packs of Magnesol from Oz Company? Can I ask where this company is, and their contact details...and what the cost per kg here is? Thanks, Jason

Comment

Hi. Read your post on Magnesium Silicate. I can get the DE product, but have had great difficulty sourcing Magnesium Silicate, which I know is not the same as talcum powder. I would be interested in buying some Mag Sil, when you get the next shipment.Be pleased to hear from you at red-angus07@hotmail.com Cheers, Jason P

Comment

Originally posted by ellas40 View Post
                    David, take it from a chemist, talc is definitely not the same as Magnesol. Talc may filter particulates, but has no chemical reactivity towards glycerol, free fatty acids or water remaining in the Biofuel.
                    We have been developing our own system of waterless washing, which now works very well, and we are importing the raw material from China and adding our own filter media to remove the magnesium silicate from the fuel.
                    If anyone is interested in buying magnesium silicate for waterless washing, we can help at the right price, with the filter media added or without the filter media. Our next shipment arrives mid July, and we are in Brisbane.
                    Why not use sodium carbonate (Soda Ash, Washing Soda)? It is a good drying agent, has a high affinity for glycerol, will certainly remove FFAs (due ti its alkaline nature) and, best of all, is cheap as chips....

I haven't tried this, as I haven't tried waterless washing - it's just an idea..
                    1990 HZJ80

Comment

HI Marki, Today i priced soda ash and was quoted $50 for 25kg bag.I would like to try useing soda ash. Any suggestions on how much you would use per litre, how long you mix with the bio before you allow to settle out and any other suggestions you may have. regards westwinds

Comment

Originally posted by Westwinds View Post
                        HI Marki, Today i priced soda ash and was quoted $50 for 25kg bag.I would like to try useing soda ash. Any suggestions on how much you would use per litre, how long you mix with the bio before you allow to settle out and any other suggestions you may have. regards westwinds
                        $50/kg for Soda Ash is ridiculous - bloke I got mine from in WA got it for $8/kg. Do a ring around of chemical suppliers (don't go to Bunnings or someone like that) - it's a very common chemical and you should be able to do a whole lot better than $50.

To use it, you'd dry it first (so keep your bag sealed from the air in storage). If I was treating say 200L I would probably use 2kg I guess. Dry it in an oven at 200 degrees for a few hours - when dry it should flow freely - when wet it clumps together.

I'd wait until I knew that all xs MeOH had been removed - leftover MeOH will solubilise a small amount of gly that you need to settle out and remove first, then chuck it into my reactor and stir like buggery. It will sop up any water, adsorb any unsettled gly, probably adsorb any soap, and neutralise any unreacted FFAs.

Only problem you may have then is it will settle to a solid lump in the bottom of your vessel - you will have to have a tap off point above it to get your product out. And, given its granular nature, it would probably settle pretty quickly and it's not likely that you'd need to filter the product afterwards.

I haven't tried this yet, as I've never done a waterless wash. These are opinions based on my industrial experience with this stuff - so you might want to test it on a small (bucket) scale first with some soda ash from a hardware store.
                        1990 HZJ80

Comment

Can i suggest the appropriate amount of Sodium Carbonate to add is nil. I will not bore you with the chemistry, but trust me, magnesium silicate (NOT talc) is a completely different chemical in is adsorbant qualities. Magnesium silicate will remove water, glycerol, glycerides, ash, soap, potassium ions, and many other impurites, that sodium carbonate will not. The amount of money you will save is not significant.

Originally posted by marki View Post
                          $50/kg for Soda Ash is ridiculous - bloke I got mine from in WA got it for $8/kg. Do a ring around of chemical suppliers (don't go to Bunnings or someone like that) - it's a very common chemical and you should be able to do a whole lot better than $50.

To use it, you'd dry it first (so keep your bag sealed from the air in storage). If I was treating say 200L I would probably use 2kg I guess. Dry it in an oven at 200 degrees for a few hours - when dry it should flow freely - when wet it clumps together.

I'd wait until I knew that all xs MeOH had been removed - leftover MeOH will solubilise a small amount of gly that you need to settle out and remove first, then chuck it into my reactor and stir like buggery. It will sop up any water, adsorb any unsettled gly, probably adsorb any soap, and neutralise any unreacted FFAs.

Only problem you may have then is it will settle to a solid lump in the bottom of your vessel - you will have to have a tap off point above it to get your product out. And, given its granular nature, it would probably settle pretty quickly and it's not likely that you'd need to filter the product afterwards.

I haven't tried this yet, as I've never done a waterless wash. These are opinions based on my industrial experience with this stuff - so you might want to test it on a small (bucket) scale first with some soda ash from a hardware store.

Comment

HI Marki, Thank you for your suggestions in useing soda ash.The cost of a bag of soda ash weighting 25kg is $50.00 from a Dubbo chemical supplier.regards westwinds

Comment

Who started this "Magnesium Silicate is not Magnesol" stuff?

Magnesium Silicate and Talc are the same.

Mangesol is just talc with a larger grain size as I understand it.

Adds lots of costs to making fuel..

Works good though.

Biodiesel, waste oil heating, do it yourself.

Comment

HI ellas 40,Could you please post more info about magnesium silicate in regards to cost, how to use it,how much to use and any other relevant information so i can make an informed decision.regards westwinds

Comment

Working...
                                X