KOH in Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOH in Brisbane

My usual KOH supplier has advised that they will no longer be carrying this material.
    In searching for a new supplier I have been shocked by the asking price around Brisbane for small quantities - I buy 4x25kg. bags at a time.
    I have sourced a bulk supplier who has a minimum pallet [40x25kg.] buy. The price is very attractive but given the quantity and considering the perishable nature of the material, I would need to resell some of it.
    If you are interested in KOH at $55.00 incl. GST per 25kg. Bag and you are prepared to buy 4 or 5 bags at a time, I would like to hear from you.

Re: KOH in Brisbane

HI
    YES i WOULD BE PREPARED TO AT LEAST LOOK AT IT
    AND KOH is what i am after.

Gene

Comment

Mabe you raise the issue at the brissy meet n greet on the 23rd.

http://www.biofuelsforum.com/local_h...t_greet-3.html
      Joe Morgan
      Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
      http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
      SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

That is a very good price.
        Put me down for 4.

Tilly

Comment

yep, i'd be in that also

Daniel
          How many times did edison fail at making the light bulb?

"the things I don't know" site:biofuelsforum.com

My 86 HiLux makes me wonder what the poor people drive :P>

Comment

Hi All,
            Tried to post before but got lost in never never I think.

A mate told me Norco Rural sells KOH and for Bundaberg is $65 a 25kg bag 98%. So have ordered one will arrive Monday. Will let you know if thats what arrives.
            Nearest Norco to Brisbane is Beenleigh (07 38047788) apparently it is used on farms that's why they keep it. But have to order it in usually.

Bye all have a good weekend

Gene

Comment

Originally posted by silver_fox_aus1 View Post
              Hi All,

A mate told me Norco Rural sells KOH and for Bundaberg is $65 a 25kg bag 98%. So have ordered one will arrive Monday. Will let you know if thats what arrives.
              Nearest Norco to Brisbane is Beenleigh (07 38047788) apparently it is used on farms that's why they keep it. But have to order it in usually.

Gene
              Seems to be a problem, I have submitted posts that have dissapeared also.[ but then I am a dill!]
              I called Norco Rural [Alberton - near Beenliegh]. Quoted $128, they had no stock, and suggested that there could be freight on top of that! General attitude was "pay your money - take your chances!"
              250downunder
              Donating Member
              Last edited by 250downunder; 8 October 2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Hi All,

Gene
                What was the outcome?

Comment

I just gave Norco Rural in Bundaberg a call and they said they do not have KOH in stock and would not be able to supply a single bag.

$55 for 25kg of KOH is a Great Price. I certainly hope this purchase goes ahead.
                  tillyfromparadise
                  Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 13 October 2010, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
                    I just gave Norco Rural in Bundaberg a call and they said they do not have KOH in stock and would not be able to supply a single bag.

$55 for 25kg of KOH is a Great Price. I certainly hope this purchase goes ahead.
                    I need to see more interest before committing a few grand and storing a pallet of KOH in my shed. If I could be certain of moving 20 bags quickly I would go ahead. On the other hand, if I could buy it for $65 a bag I would not bother, but I think that is highly unlikely. Silver Fox seems to be unavailable for comment!

Comment

Hi All,
                      Sorry i haven't been on line last few days. I will eventually be going into Bundaberg today.

I am sorry you have been quoted 128 dollars and have asked John at norco Bundaberg what is happening, John said he will try and have an answer for me when I get there today. Will let you all know the results when I come back tonight.

Hopefully we can get this sorted out and one way or another can get some moderately priced KOH.

Gene

Comment

I picked up a bag of 25kg 90+% KOH today for $65 from Norco Bundaberg.

Apparently each store has a degree of automany on there buying and depending on when they bought therefor the cost differences. ( If in doubt call John on 0741517883 He may be able to explain it better).

Ty Gene

PS sounds like a lot of bull to me and it may be better to pursue the bulk buying, as it appears that I wont know from 1 purchase to another what my costs will be.

Comment

I picked up a bag of 25kg 90+% KOH today for $65 from Norco Bundaberg.

Apparently each store has a degree of automany on there buying and depending on when they bought therefor the cost differences. ( If in doubt call John on 0741517883 He may be able to explain it better).

Ty Gene

PS sounds like a lot of bull to me and it may be better to pursue the bulk buying, as it appears that I wont know from 1 purchase to another what my costs will be.
                          Did you read Tilleyfromparadise's post ? No stock in Bundaberg and not able to sell a single bag!
                          Does Anna Bligh run Norco??

Comment

Hi All,

Tilly and downunder please ring JOHN MUST BE JOHN at Bundaberg because I bought a bag yesterday for $65 though he cant ensure continued supply at that price. I have asked him to get a price for 3 extra bags and hopefully they will be the same price and I will bring them to the meet and greet.

Gene

Comment

Hi Gene,
                              I am a bit far from Bundaburg so I probably will look in another direction.
                              Thank you for your time and information.

Comment

Working...
                              X