BD fuel consumpion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BD fuel consumpion

Hey all, what is the fuel consumpion ie 10L/100, as is it really worth doing all this, besides the enviro factor???

I haven't really been able to find anything on this site in regards to this....

Thanks
    Adrian

Re: BD fuel consumpion

Would vary from car to car I would think. I'm getting about 9.5klms to a litre, which is about 10.5 to a hundred. This is for a 2.3lt Pajero. Bigger 4.2 litre sixes are more like 16 litres to a hundred.

Joe
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

1991 HDJ80 Toyota Landcruiser 4.2 Turbo 12.5l/100km's.
      However pre BD I was getting 1000km's roughly from both tanks now running B100 I am lucky to get 900km's
      HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
      Canberra

Comment

I get about 7.5L/100k in my Freelander. I think I might get a few % less mileage on biodiesel, but that may also be because of the way I drive it with the extra power. It is also a very hard thing to measure properly when you are filling up from your own containers and not from a properly metered bowser.
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

12.5 l/100 in my 4.2litre 24 valve Landcruiser on a run to Fraser Island (well as far as Inskip Point). I also had a roof rack (read wind brake) on so it could get better.

I must admit I was impressed.
          Matt
          Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Originally posted by joe
            Would vary from car to car I would think. I'm getting about 9.5klms to a litre, which is about 10.5 to a hundred. This is for a 2.3lt Pajero. Bigger 4.2 litre sixes are more like 16 litres to a hundred.

Joe
            My non-turbo 4.2L 80 series Cruiser was usually getting 10.5-11.0L/100km. 400L of BD lasted 3200km (12.5L/100km), but this included a lot of towing (2 ton of fuel on trailer, 1200km with Jeep on trailer) and liberal use of the aircon over summer. I would say that the consumption without the extra load would be around 11-12L/100km, which might be slightly higher consumption, but on a $/100km basis, I am way in front with BD. You could also say that I have wasted money on 2 fuel filters which are still sitting in the back of the Cruiser, which I haven't required yet! I think that in the long term, the savings in the price of BD and the reduced wear on the engine will far more than outweigh any slight increase in fuel comsumption.
            Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

Originally posted by Robert
              I get about 7.5L/100k in my Freelander. I think I might get a few % less mileage on biodiesel, but that may also be because of the way I drive it with the extra power. It is also a very hard thing to measure properly when you are filling up from your own containers and not from a properly metered bowser.
              I concer and I think its a bit of a problem as accuray of information is lost. I think from a testin point of view its a huge problem.

Joe
              Joe Morgan
              Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
              http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
              SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Yeh thanks for that all, I realise that it would be a very hard thing to test, but it is good to have a fair idea, seeing as we are trying to get it out there in the real world, and if we can present something, then the general public may actually sit up and listen.....

Thanks for all the responses....

Adrian

Comment

Working...
                X