• Show
Clear All

• SSangyong

Hello All,

Does anyone know of any problems with mussos on BD

cheers

J
    jamard
    Last edited by jamard; 23 February 2007, 03:03 PM.

Re: SSangyong

Jamard i had amusso sports for 18 months from new we did about 65000 klms on 100bio and never had aproblem we did however change the fuel filter every 5000 klms from new though have since traded on a new navvara twin cab that seems to be going fine acouple of little problems my own fault though bio musnt have been good enough as it probably wasnt completly dry as for the fuel pump inthis car idont no what brand it is somaone might be able to help me here though hopefully

Comment

Yes, the Musso IP is a genuine Bosh inline pump

Not a license copy. I have heard nothing about this problem.
      They are presently selling the Mussos out to be replaced by the Actyon (Pronounced Action) dual cab. These will have a 2.7 Mercedes commonrail diesel
      tillyfromparadise
      Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 22 February 2007, 12:44 AM.

Comment

The diffs can suffer from neglect if not looked after post deep water excursions..

Isn't that correct Tilly?

Tony
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Thanks Guys for all your input.

As I said i heard it from a commercial BD maker here in melbs. He had a complaint back from someone and he was wondering if this was a known problem. I've been using the same BD in my surf and no issues. It may well be something else un-related to the BD. I'll shall pass your responses on.

cheers

J

Comment

Hello Tony
            I am aware of one that had problems.

Tilly

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
            The diffs can suffer from neglect if not looked after post deep water excursions..

Isn't that correct Tilly?

Tony

Comment

Mind you if you take a mercedes engine off road which is not contained in a G wagon or a musso.......

Clanger - Travel Photo Gallery
              cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

David,

Point taken

Having heard the details second hand I was only attempting to gauge if there is an issue.

I will try to be clearer in future.

Still thanks for the feedback everyone

Originally posted by David
                In reading your first post you make it sound like there are a lot more than one report of trouble. The comments of " Are having issues" and "Mainly the injector pump craps out" sound very Plural and that more than one instance of this has happened. It would seem that what you may have been told was nothing like that Mussos "are having issues" or injector pumps are " crapping out", Rather that a single person has asked IF this was a common problem, not that it WAS one.

The inferences between the 2 statements are worlds apart and have totally different implications.

Sorry if this sounds nitpicky but I think it is relevant.
                This is exactly the way that misinformation and erronous rumors get started that are completely unfounded. It is not hard to extrapolate the effect of your original post as someone reading it with out seeing the subsequent posts and translating it into " I read on a forum the other day that Musso's are having trouble with their IP's on Bio diesel."

Perhaps a much more accurate way of phrasing your first question would have been simply to ask if anyone knew of any problems with mussos on BD, which was really what you wanted to know and far more relevant to the info you actualy had.

I think this shows that we all need to be very clear and specific when asking these questions and relating reports we have heard so as not to create any misinformation that others may be mislead by and possibly lead them to make poor choices based on wrong infomation.

The more accurate and factual we can keep the posts here , the greater the benifit all the contributions will be.

Comment

Working...
                X