Mazda 6 diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mazda 6 diesel

No need for any conversions or bolt-ons to use Biodiesel, none at all.

Using Vegetable Oil, ahh, thats a different matter with a fuel heater and twin tanks being the recommended way to go.

The Australian Mazda6 Diesel appears to be the same as the UK 2.0 143ps Diesel.

I've had a major breakthrough with Mazda regarding the Workshop/Service manual!!! After some time negotiating with various Customer Service reps, Supervisors and Managers, Mazda concedes that it is unlikely that an Aftermarket Publisher will print a book covering the Diesel6, considering that they only expect to sell 50 a month and a new Mazda6 is due to released in2008. They have waived their policy on Service information being released to someone who OWNS one of their vehicles and have graciously offered to sell me a Manual on CD for $1200!Right, that's for 1 CD? I'm expected to be pleased by that?
    Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

Just went to test drive a Mazda 6 Diesel and they didn't have one, then told me not to run bio-diesel in it.
      I'll keep trying and I can get the japanese translated if you can get the Japan test specs..

Comment

Perhaps if someone is looking to purchase on of these cars they could negotiate a service manual CD as part of the deal. The CD would be a low cost item to Mazda and the leverage of a make or break of the deal might just get them to hand one over in the deal.

Of course if a person got hold of one of these rare items, they would probably want to make sure they didn't loose the info and would want to back it up in case their house burned down or something. For this reason it would be good if they gave some other people these backups to keep at their place for extra peace of mind

I wonder how effective a slab of beer given to the service manage may be in making one of these disks magically appear in the glove compartment after the car has been taken in for a service?

Comment

Great idea,
          I'll enquire tomorrow.!
          I'll use my "improve your end of year financial sales" leverage..
          I saw the UK copy on Ebay too..
          Will keep you posted..

Comment

I found the Service Dept people rather un-co-operative in trying to get the service disc. Imagine the scene: I told them that for each and every new or second hand car or 4wd I have owned in the past 22 years, I have bought a FACTORY service manual, and in some cases a parts book or microfische as well. My first car was a Mini, and I admit I had a Gregory's book for that one. They said that Manufacturers don't do that kind of thing, none of them print manuals any more and rely on private publishers. I said Crap! Toyota, Suzuki, Ford and Holden certainly do. He said well he's worked for Land Rover, SAAB, Proton and now Mazda and none of them do manuals. I said "Sorry, I was talking about the other 95% of the market THAT DOES!"

Comment

Managed to find an older (up till 2002) Mazda Manual on the net.

Mazda_6_cd_based_workshop_manual_pdf
              including -

maz-ewd.pdf 1.5meg ELECTRICALS
              MZR-CD.pdf 3.5meg Engine CONTENTS

Workshop Manual MZR–CD (RF Turbo)
              FOREWORD
              This manual explains the disassembly,
              inspection, repair, and reassembly
              procedures for the above-indicated engine.
              In order to do these procedures safely,
              quickly, and correctly, you must first read
              this manual and any other relevant service
              materials carefully.
              The information in this manual is current
              up to April, 2002. Any changes that
              occur after that time will not be reflected in
              this particular manual. Therefore,
              the contents of this manual may not exactly
              match the mechanism that you are
              currently servicing.
              Mazda Motor Corporation

also.
              Training_Manual.pdf 11.5meg
              and
              Workshop_Manual.pdf 36.8meg

maybe we could setup a bio-fuels library..?
              cheers,
              David

Comment

That doesn't apply to the Aust version. The up to 2002 model had mechanical injection and a 5 speed trans. The Version released in Aust is the 2006 on model with Common-rail injection and a 6 speed. I particularly want the tech details on the Common-rail system to nut out what the issue might be with BD and warranty.

Comment

I've just bought my Mazda 6, so I'd like to get my hands on this manual as well - I'll share the costs of your ebay one happily.
                  I'd really like to find how to access the particulate filter on it, as per this post.
                  I'm sure between us, we can help dispel some ignorance and myth.
                  Robert.
                  Site Admin.

Comment

I just organised to get my cousin in England to get this CD as the seller works for a Mazda dealer and strictly won't ship outside the UK. Certainly seems the best of the many available on ebay-UK, with 3500 pages.

Comment

I've just picked up my brand new Mazda 6 Diesel Wagon this afternoon. I'll get some bio into it next week. Then I'll have to get around to changing my signature...

Gunner - did you get that CD yet? Is it any good?

Davidb - have you bought a Mazda 6 yet?
                      Robert.
                      Site Admin.

Comment

Hi guy's, yes I put the deposit on my diesel wagon yesterday..!
                        They say it'll be in my hands by Wed. but I'm not holding my breath.
                        Comes with a free tank of petrochemicals.... silly buggers..

Any news on the workshop manual yet?
                        Should we study/analyse the filter before running full B100..??
                        Or simply buy a few extra filters and know how to replace them..?

cheers,
                        DavidB

Comment

Latest news from Mazda, drumroll please, is that due to the sales sucess of the Mazda6 Diesel they will be releasing the Mazda3 with the same 2.0litre Turbo Diesel engine in Aug/Sep 07. The Maz3 is a couple of hundred Kg's lighter than the 6, so it ought to be a real pocket rocket. Will be available in Hatch or Sedan only in Maxx Sport trim. Like the Maz6, only a 6 speed manual will be availble. Expected price $30-$31k.

Comment

Working...
                          X