Second car on Bio. Woohoo😀

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second car on Bio. Woohoo😀

Well, I have my Mazda ute on Bio now. Just filled it up for its first drink this afternoon. I put a filter on it similar to the one I put on the cruiser. Cav / Delphi style. Used a crazy cheap facet pump bought of the ozstock website a while back. I think it was about $20. Fitted it on chassis behind cabin so it's easy to service if it fails. Car is a 2005 Mazda b2500. Direct injection. Rotary pump. Looks like a vane electric. I Run the facet pump off the fuel shutoff solenoid circuit.

Hope it it hangs in there and goes well! I'll keep you posted

Re: Second car on Bio. Woohoo😀

That must be one of the last mechanically injected Bravo's before the common rail BT-50 came in in 2007?

With any luck, they made these later models with Viton pump seals standard.

Good luck - I'm sure you won't need it!
    3DB
    1995 Holden (Isuzu) Rodeo 2.8TD 4X4 - B100 since April 2013
    1976 Mercedes 300D Turbo 'The Coal Grenade' - B100 since May 2016 - SOLD
    1994 Peugeot 405 SRDT 1.9L intercooled turbo diesel (Shitbox Rally car.) - B100 since August 2019 - SOLD
    @thirddegreeburns on Instagram
    @thirddegreeburns2019 on Facebook

Comment

Cade, I am wondering why you went to the trouble of installing a Facet pump? as your IP has its own (much better than a Facet) pump built in.
      Johnnojack
      4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
      Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Hi Gents,

i fitted the facet pump because of the unrelenting air leaks I have had in the past, plus with the cav filter installed it makes priming it an absolute breeze. It was well worth the hour or two spent making brackets and mounting the pump.

johnno are you suggesting it has a pusher pump in the tank?

i have been driving the car around for about a year and a half now and am very happy with it. It goes great, very economical, easy to service (but the oil filter is in a pig of a spot), and quite capable too. Loves the beach. The suicide doors and small rear seats are a problem though. Will probably gift it to the kids when they are old enough to drive. Have to teach them to make fuel first though!

Comment

No it wouldn't have a pusher pump in the tank. Some common rail motors do but yours isn't common rail, I think it has the WLT motor It would have a vane pump in the front part of the I.P.
          I can understand you have had unrelenting air leaks if you use Cav filters. I persisted with one for a while, fitted it and it leaked air of course, fixed it again and again, until in Kalbarri I had had enough and took the bast**d off and refitted the original filter which I had wisely brought along as a spare. Now about to fit the thing to my son's outboard motor but will make sure it is between the motor and the priming bulb. Hopefully it will work better as the boat doesn't do thousands of ks on corrugated roads. My vacuum system works great for priming and removing air from my looped fuel setup. Yeah those utes with the suicide doors and flat little back seats are good value, great for keeping the car fridge handy. Cheers Johnno
          Johnnojack
          Last edited by Johnnojack; 3 February 2016, 11:35 PM. Reason: spelling
          Johnnojack
          4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
          Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Yeah the petrol models have their pump in the tank but the diesel don't. The pusher pump is magnificent on my cruiser, wouldn't have it any other way. They make a cav filter very easy and reliable to use. Thing I love about the cav filter is the price of the cartridge and the presence of a glass bowl. Unfortunately the filter on my Mazda is mounted inside the stock fitted shroud, so I can't see the bowl without undoing a couple of bolts and removing the whole arrangement.

So the first week on bio is almost up and I've used about half a tank. Will check the bowl on the weekend.

Engine temp temp looks like it runs a bit cooler, maybe a needle width cooler. No smoke to speak of. Slight drop in power, but bugger all. Starts, runs beautifully.

Very happy so far.

Comment

Working...
            X