Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: looking at converting my 2002 Landcruiser with 1HZ engine to WVO

Originally posted by avidscavenger View Post
    Thanks Tony, some good suggestions there. Definitely a looped return is a good one. I've considered putting in larger fuel lines in the past but it always seemed like such a big job. Do you also modify the outlet from the fuel tank so that it isn't a choke point? Do you use rubber fuel hose or flexible alloy? What about routing and mounting it - follow the existing fuel lines or find another way? Can you point me to any guides to the job?

Thanks as always.
    The restriction of a short section of smaller bore pipe will not impact on the performance of the fuel system if you are increasing the fuel line ID. The increased fuel delivery pipe ID will reduce fuel flow restriction significantly.
    I suggest that you get some nylon air line in the size you prefer and leave the stock fuel line in place. Get adapters for your nylon air line, with hose barbs to mate with the stock flexible fuel hose at each end of the new pipe. Use cable ties to secure the air line to the stock fuel delivery pipe so it follows the same path under the vehicle.

Please take photos to share on this thread.

Regards,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
    X