The prefect prefilter for WVO???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The prefect prefilter for WVO???

[quote=W123 x 2;13180]The pump I now use is a QB80 240volt water pump, available on evilbay

Had a good laugh....evilbay he he he!!

Thanks for having a go at posting a pic. For a new comer like me, a pic is like a thousand words. Have you encountered any problems with cylinders choking up or injectors getting clogged. I have a landcruiser with dual tanks already, and should be able to fit a heater in tank 2 fairly easily. Is there any thing else I need to be aware of??

Cheers,

Selwyn.

Comment

Pics taken and will be here in a day or so. No problems yet, but it's too early to tell and I'm only playing with the Benz. Next week I start the Patrol on blends (GQ 1993 4.2 turbo) and will post findings. It's been running a little veg oil for months but only approx 10% veg 90 dino and no filter blockages yet.

David thanks for the photos, it explains the gas tank going to a twin burner under the 44. Can't see why he needs and escape ladder though

Cheers, Michael

Comment

If doing a landcruiser be aware they dont like air on their oil (well the 1H series engines dont) they have a habit of spitting out seals on the injector pump. Not hard to replace, but it is the only seal you need to remove the injector pump to get at.
        My thoughts are if you are going to blend, (petrol/ veg) then dont bother heating. If you are going to heat part of the system, then move the change over solenoids to under the bonnet, and after the filter for diesel and add a filter for the veg tank (use a toyota one, not a CAV one, there are 3 fuel filter sizes on toyotas, 8,10 and 12mm, check you get the right one) and put the heater just before the injector pump. Start on diesel, when its hot changeover, and 5 ks before stopping, change back to diesel. If doing this cold filer the oil, and anything solid will be filtered out. If you are going to filter the oil hot, you will need to heat everything in the fuel system, which is a pain in the......
        There are other hassles, but the cruiser will be cheap to run.
        Captain Echidna
        Last edited by Captain Echidna; 21 March 2007, 11:24 PM.
        cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Working...
        X