Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel injector cleaners???? and another problem maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel injector cleaners???? and another problem maybe?

HI
    I have been reading about polymerisation and other nasty things that can happen to a vehical running on WVO.
    I needed one more thing in my life to worry about !
    Do products like diesel power etc help to reduce the chances of problems in our veg fuel or will they help enough just in the purge tanks?
    Does anyone use anything?
    Are any compatiable with veg?
    I read every bottle at the auto parts store and the guy behind the counter was not real helpful as he told me WVO is a great way to kill my engine etc..... uninformed I think !

Another question to ponder..
    I tried to replace the little thimble size and shaped filter in the Ip as described in the service manual. Its inside the banjo bolt on the return line, only to find that the banjo bolt does not have a hole in the side like every other banjo bolt I have ever seen. The filter sat in the hole in the centre of the bolt but there can be no flow as there is no path for the fuel. Is this normal or has a bolt been replaced some time in it's life with a wrong part? I did manage to flush some "fluff" from inside this filter.
    I rang Nissan and that seemed confused and not helpfull. The bolt is attached to the return line back to the tank.
    There is another hose with it and fuel or oil does flow from the IP so I guess it works but a little hard to understand.

The patrol is runing fine on diesel and oil so it's not a problem, just something else I don't understand.
    I must sleep more and read less so to stop giving myself extra thing in my mind that can go wrong
    Thanks
    Rob
    97 Nissan patrol 2.8L turbo diesel RD28T
    New wvo conversion,2 tank, 30 FPHE, electric glow plug heater after 6 way valve, cav filter (just the norm). Just testing so far.

Re: Fuel injector cleaners???? and another problem maybe?

Its inside the banjo bolt on the return line
    If I understand you correctly, that is the bolt that allows a small flow of fuel back to the tank. This allows the IP to maintain internal pressure while allowing any trapped air to bleed out automatically.
    Ordinarily that doesn't give any problems because the fuel feed to the IP is clean. What has been shown to be a problem is the strainer under the "feed banjo". If there's ever been any kind of filtration failure, that small strainer can become blocked, making the motor starve or fail to run at all. Worth checking but be careful not to damage it when extracting it.
    Good luck.

Comment

Robert. The nervous panic settles after a couple of years.

Search for Diesel Power and Chemtech to see opinions on their use.
      Search for antioxidants to see opinions on them.
      Polymerisation is covered off by a lovely thread with pictures that has a link in the FAQ at the top of the forum.

In short, "in general' it only seems to be aftermarket plain steel fuel tanks, typically in 4WD's, that have problems with tomato paste rampant growth. Add a combination of moisture, splashing and warmth and sometimes the problems occur. Coat the tanks and the problem is solved as it take the catalyst - the steel - out of the equation - or so it seems.

Other problems are algae present in some small quantities in your diesel tank that explode in population when a bit of lovely organic canola gives them something else to breed one.

And did you know that the recirculating thingomolator is likely to fail if you don't service it properly when using WVO. This will have even more dire consequences than molecularisation of the triglicerides inside the distribution agglomeration device. Get back to me if you want more information on this, I'm only just realising how critical this is.....

Oh, btw oz.Merv can help you with specific advice on the engine you have. PM him.
      Tim-HJ61
      Donating Member
      Last edited by Tim-HJ61; 23 August 2008, 12:12 AM. Reason: add oz.Merv link
      Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
      12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
      Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
      Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
      Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

Methinks someone's tongue was firmly planted in his cheek
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
          Methinks someone's tongue was firmly planted in his cheek
          Oh NO, is that ANOTHER problem WVO creates .....

When does it end
          Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
          12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
          Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
          Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
          Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

Working...
          X