Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300D TurboDiesel for Sale

Originally posted by 83Patrol View Post
    The OM603 is in theW124 300D, like the one you have. The E300 had the later OM606. I also saw a W124 with the later OM606 engine last year.

Thanks for your replay mate.

I never knew that the w124 came with a turbo OM606.

Did you see it in Australia?

I owned an E300 turbo charged at some stage. It was a super car compared to w123 300D and more flashy than w124 300D.

Thanks
    Fitian
    <><

Comment

Originally posted by Fitian View Post
      Thanks for your replay mate.

I never knew that the w124 came with a turbo OM606.

Did you see it in Australia?

I owned an E300 turbo charged at some stage. It was a super car compared to w123 300D and more flashy than w124 300D.

Thanks
      Yeah, it was in Melbourne. I can't remember if it had a turbo or not. I don't think it did - maybe they were first introduced on the later W210 E300 diesel? Had 24 valves though, which I'm guessing would give it better performance than the OM603 with its 12 valves. I didn't get to drive it to find out, unfortunately. It was badged as an E300, in line with the other late W124's. Apparently a few W124's towards the end of production had the OM606 in them from factory.

EDIT: BTW, when I say "I saw", I didn't actually get to see it in person - I only got to see the ad with photo's and speak to the owner. I rang the day I saw it advertised and arranged a time for the next day to have a look at it, but the owner rang me as I was about to go and told me not to bother, as someone had just been around and bought it on the spot.

I drove a turbo-charged W210 E300 a couple of months ago. It definitely was a super-car compared to the W123, but compared to a good W124 300D I must admit that I was disappointed. Maybe the fact that, according to the service history, it quite often went for 30,000km between oil changes had something to do with that?!
      83Patrol
      Donating Member
      Last edited by 83Patrol; 22 February 2010, 12:49 AM.
      1987 Mercedes W124 300D
      1997 Ssangyong Musso Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by 83Patrol View Post
        I only got to see the ad with photo's and speak to the owner. I rang the day I saw it advertised and arranged a time for the next day to have a look at it, but the owner rang me as I was about to go and told me not to bother, as someone had just been around and bought it on the spot.
        There is e300 in melbourne for sale.

I rang the guy who owns it in the same day of the ad. He told me it is sold.

These cars are becoming rare item now.

Does anyone know how many e300 came to australia?

Mark five

Comment

Here is one E300 Turbodiesel for sale

1997 MERCEDES E300 Elegance W210 Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au

$17990 Asking price

Cheers
          Fitian
          <><

Comment

Working...
          X