Busting loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Busting loose

I too would be interested to hear more of Marc's actual experiences as a direct result of this book/course, such as what specific changes you have made to your life and how that has affected you.

That would certainly be more informative than random quotes that just come across as condescending drivel and merely entrench my sceptical view of this kind of stuff.
    Sean

Comment

Hi All
      Yes it is entertaining indeed It seems to me that we may be in for the resurrection of another "brain realtering" or "re positioning" in the lines of Henry Kaye's King of unreal property and the likes of his ilk
      "Look pay $5K now for my $20K course and you can pay the rest off from your profits"
      It was really a very simple ploy played out on the greedy by all these guys and it has not stopped or it will ever stop
      Get the Dallas brooks hall in Melbourne for the night $10 k, advertise the seminar $50k, get the printed material $10 K, Hire the projectors staff etc for the night $30 K all up $100 K
      Get in 2000 people for $150 each for the night $300K get about 2% success rate out of 2000 people for the $20K or the $60 k course, 40 in total "it was a good/bad night" another $50 to $150K, why do you want to go to work?
      Better still "buy" 30 apartments at the time at a discount from the developer, they only ever bought a 1% option really and flog it to them from the plans
      The glut of apartments sitting empty not settled up is still out there
      Some sold two or three times over prior to being completed for up to $350 K (apartments) sold by these guys originally are now valued at about $220 K. Now who is getting rich? I am sure the promoters will tell us they are out there Well,
      I am not sure about all of those new rich people out of those seminars
      I do not ever seem to meet them Where are they? I have an idea
      I say it is akin to the beauties we often see in the give away calendars The ones with a stunner on every page of the month common in the Auto trade Absolutely georgeous You know the ones none of us ever seem to meet out there in real life as hard as we try!
      I figured, there is a special place somewhere out there that these girls are kept appearing only for the annual photo shoot for those magic calendars
      Upon completion of the photo shoot for the yearly edition they are taken back there, out of sight from all of us mere mortals
      By a similar analogy there must be a similar place where all those "freed" of financial worries by some guru "busted loose" go to live as well
      I am sure this is how it works I have no other explanation
      Now I do not want to say I have all the answers, so here is a challenge
      May I have the address please, a visit in either of these places may be warranted for us sceptical people out here
      If not both, may I have the one where the beauties are please, it may be more conducive to a sceptical mind
      The location of all who "busted loose" can come later
      Cheers
      Chris
      Never give up :)

Comment

I've seen this thread for a while and have not commented, apart from to move it to the off-topic area. The main reason I've not commented is that I've not read the book. Unlike John Howard who can tell us that the content of Al Gore's film "The Inconvenient Truth" is not really worth seeing, then admit in the same breath that he has not bothered to see it, I was not going to risk having an opinion on a controversial topic without having given it some study.

I won't be studying it this time around, but instead, I'll play the Devil's Advocate and suggest that all Marc1 was initially suggesting to everyone was not to get taken up in the self-help revolution of money grabbing gurus, but to suggest that there may be another perspective besides the consumer driven hype that so many of us subscribe to. I'd imagine that the book in question possibly preaches that we should look past the rat race and find ways to exist that are not part of it, or perhaps it would be more accurate to say ways to co-exist with it, without being a full part of it.

I always liked the quote in the movie Fight Club where the internal monologue is reminiscing with respect and admiration at the anti-hero's "ability to let that which does not truly matter, just slide". I see many parallels with this movie and with the biodiesel scene, so perhaps this is what causes me to draw this conclusion of a book I've never read.
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

Hello Robert

I have been around a long time and can smell a SCAM a mile away.
          A little time Googling Bob Scheinfeld and Ultimate Lifestyle Academy is quite entertaining

Tilly
          tillyfromparadise
          Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 2 December 2006, 01:16 PM.

Comment

The only reason I replied was because I took the time to watch the 50+ minute presentation. I must admit though, that my mind was only halfway open to what I was seeing. I kept trying to see what Bob was trying to say he'd teach, and there was nothing there! Of course, I haven't expressed appreciation and purchased the home study course or book, because I have better things to spend my money on, like the Brooklyn Bridge, or perhaps some of those famous golden eagles!

Yes, Tilly, "Busting loose" is just the newest one of Bob Scheinfeld's programs/scams. I find it ironic that the Ultimate Lifestyle Academy promises to "increase wealth and happiness," yet the new Busting Loose teaches you to not worry about money. I get a strong sense of hypocrisy here....

I, too, can regurgitate abstract quotations- just watch!

There is no Dana, only Zuul - Sigourney Weaver, Ghostbusters, 1984

justin

Comment

Hello Justin

I think Bob is a Cheerleader. He will get out there with his Pom-Pom's and short skirt and cheer you on to sell that extra Fitch Catalyzer or that extra fuel line magnet.

I chose the text tour so that I could carefully study over and over everything Bob said.
              I have come to the conclusion that in Bob's mind, the most important part of the presentation is that Bob's granddaddy was a Multimillionaire who died when Bob was 12.
              In my estimation, the most important part of the presentation is where Bob says that baseball is played on a diamond and in football you need to advance the ball 10 yards to make a first down.

I visited Bob's Ultimate Lifestyle Academy and notice that he offers another course based on the "7 power Centers of Life"
              According to Bob's multimillionaire Grandfather Aaron (The one who died when Bob was 12 but everyone knows multimillionaires have a special insight on the metaphysical world) "there was one primary invisible Power Center and 6 subsidiary Power Centers and then showed me how all 7 combine to fuel and drive what happens to us every day."
              Now I am guessing that one of the subsidiary power centers is controlled by the Tooth Faire and another one is the domain of the Easter Bunny, but I do wonder who the head honcho is that controls the one ring of power.
              Perhaps it is BioGod!

This is the funniest thing I have read in several days.
              The scary thing is that apparently there really are people out there who will believe this rubbish.

Tilly.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                The main reason I've not commented is that I've not read the book....I was not going to risk having an opinion on a controversial topic without having given it some study.

I won't be studying it this time around, but instead, I'll play the Devil's Advocate and suggest that all Marc1 was initially suggesting to everyone was not to get taken up in the self-help revolution of money grabbing gurus, but to suggest that there may be another perspective besides the consumer driven hype that so many of us subscribe to. I'd imagine that the book in question possibly preaches that we should look past the rat race and find ways to exist that are not part of it, or perhaps it would be more accurate to say ways to co-exist with it, without being a full part of it.

I always liked the quote in the movie Fight Club where the internal monologue is reminiscing with respect and admiration at the anti-hero's "ability to let that which does not truly matter, just slide". I see many parallels with this movie and with the biodiesel scene, so perhaps this is what causes me to draw this conclusion of a book I've never read.
                For someone who has not read the book you are close to the mark.
                As for the other post...I find the tone in the many long responses in this thread very amusing yet predictable.

The only purpose behind my brief mention of this book is to provide the reader with an alternative.

Alternatives like any other choice can be taken or not.
                Each one of us is master in his own reality and we can choose to change or stay the same.
                As long as you understand that all your beliefs and values are the one that have taken you this far. Aplying more of the same beliefs and values will produce just more of the same reality. If you are happy as you are, change nothing.
                If you are looking for a change, then you must change the beliefs and values that are not serving you in order to achieve any change at all.
                A definition of insanity is doing the same over and over and expect a different result.

If you have answered my post with anger, ridicule, contempt, or other various derogatory ways, far from attacking me, you have exposed yourself to a fact. You are not happy with your own reality and have a number of reasons lined up ready to explode, pointing the finger outside yourself.

There are many traditional treatments for this, some found in very good self help books, others seeking professional help, however....if anyone in this forum has the courage and $16 to invest in himself, my modest suggestion is to try what this book proposes. I am well aware it is not for everyone. I have started my journey and find the concept absolutely fascinating.
                Results? some, early stages, however if you read the book you will see that my results are completely irrelevant and meaningless for you.

You now have 3 choices. Keep on exposing your ugly side, ignore this thread or read the book.

See you in my hologram.

Comment

Hello Marc1,
                  Please tell us what is the single most important morsel of information you got out of the book.

I looked in 21 online dictionaries and none of then defined Insanity as "doing the same over and over and expect a different result."
                  In my position as a coach I would be more inclined to call it "practice" as in "Makes Perfect"

Bon Voyage

Tilly

"Doubt is to certainty as neurosis is to psychosis.
                  The neurotic is in doubt and has fears about persons and things; the psychotic has convictions and makes claims about them. In short, the neurotic has problems, the psychotic has solutions."

T Szasz
                  tillyfromparadise
                  Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 5 December 2006, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc1 View Post

If you have answered my post with anger, ridicule, contempt, or other various derogatory ways, far from attacking me, you have exposed yourself to a fact.
                    Marc1,

I answered your post with a valid question in the hope you may be able to provide some information that would give me reason to further look into ideas and concepts you have put forward, past and present. I note other people were interested in this as well and that was your specific accounts and experiences.

The door was opened right up for you to share accounts and facts of the things you have involved yourself in be it lifestyle theories, products or whatever and instead of benefiting your credibility with some actual accounts (even if they were just opinions based on your personal experiences), your reply was basically a lot of rhetoric that said nothing at all. I don't mean to be rude and I am not trying to have a go at you but that is exactly how it came across to me and most other people I'm sure.

You have put forward a lot of beliefs in products, concepts and information that has been questioned here in the past. You seem to get upset at this but rarely if ever do you put any solid facts, personal first hand accounts or anything else that would give your usually controversial and difficult to believe comments any weight or credibility.

I realise you think many people are closed minded and sceptical and they are. These days people are wary of scams and being ripped off especially when things seem like a miracle cure or fall into the " too good to be true" category. Most people consider it to be extremely foolish to just automatically believe in something without trying to verify it and if you are different and and much less hesitant to embrace something without investigating it, You are in a minority and need to realise that other people are different.

As such, I would sincerely suggest to you that if you make statements about things which others find amazing, incredible, hard to believe or even just plain want to know more about, you need to give them some facts and first hand personal accounts of how you yourself has found the product or service, rather than quoting what other unidentifiable and unknown people have said or going on with a lot of theoretical opinion that is unrelated to what people are wanting to know about specifically.

Personally, I don't have any major problems in my life that I am searching for a product or change of lifestyle to fix. That doesn't mean given credible doesn't I wouldn't embrace something I thought would make an improvement. The thing is I have to be convinced there is sufficient truth to the products claims to take it in my mind from a probable scam to a valid concept worth spending my time looking into.

I hope you take this in the helpful way it is meant, to show you why people do question you and how you can improve your credibility here. Hopefully then these frequent arguments that don't help anyone can have some usefulness or be despatched with.

Comment

Hi All
                      I don't know if this thread is getting all of us in it anywhere I had a rethink about it so I went to see what the fuss is all about and,
                      Well I did it I watched the Busting loose video Did better than that I read the introduction speil as well
                      What do I think? Does it really matter? I don't think I got anything more than "Look I got the answers to all this You give me part of your hard earned cash then I will share with you all the secrets" but this is not the point If you think about it what I got out of it is irrelevant it is my perception from what I subscribe to I am not interested so what?
                      Then again, if is not for me, why not for some people, they may be intrigued, or want to find out what this guy is all about
                      To draw a simple parallel with religious groups may stir things up however here is a more subtle example
                      The selves of any bookstore are full with all kind and manner of books including a vast array on money making including self help ones, besides
                      Who do they address? people, do they sell? of course they do
                      At the end of the day if people think they got something wrong with their lot in life, or they are looking to improve it, who are willing to spend time and effort to improve or change even to find alternatives, if any what is the problem?
                      Marc1 got something out of it good for him $20 bucks is not a fortune now is it?
                      May be we are a bit reactive here to someone who in a sense is pro active to the extent he made a suggestion which he finds helped him along, may be it could help others in his view
                      To that extent we got the man embroiled in a series of philosophical quotes debate as well as a lot of cynicism which may not necessarily be warranted
                      I am not so sure we need to be inquisitors here, lets have an open mind as well as extend the courtesy of pro activeness to Marc1, in this instance,
                      regardless of our views
                      As Galileo said:
                      All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them
                      He may be sharing in something that has been discovered, may be not,
                      We need to keep searching to improve our lot then disseminate information to improve the lot of others
                      Isn't that the lot of human beings?
                      Cheers
                      Chris

Comment

A while back I went to a free seminar where we were given a demonstration of how to earn thousands by trading in futures/puts /options - whatever.

If you were hooked in this free session, it cost you a minimum of $4000 to go to the next training session.

By my calculation, of the 20 souls there, I would guess at least 1 was hooked. (No - it was not me). This crowd do 4 or five seminars a week around the country. And probably in a couple of dozen countries around the world - they are USA based.

So, just for Aus. :- 1 hooked per session x 5 sessions @ $4 000 = $20 000 per week or a little over $1 000 000 per year - no wonder the guy is free of money worries.

Slippery.
                        Slippery
                        Small steps taken one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery View Post
                          A while back I went to a free seminar where we were given a demonstration of how to earn thousands by trading in futures/puts /options - whatever.

If you were hooked in this free session, it cost you a minimum of $4000 to go to the next training session.

By my calculation, of the 20 souls there, I would guess at least 1 was hooked. (No - it was not me). This crowd do 4 or five seminars a week around the country. And probably in a couple of dozen countries around the world - they are USA based.

So, just for Aus. :- 1 hooked per session x 5 sessions @ $4 000 = $20 000 per week or a little over $1 000 000 per year - no wonder the guy is free of money worries.

Slippery.
                          Slippery, I am intrigued. If the seminar was able to teach you how to make money trading "wathever" why ae you so interested in what the seminar presenter makes?
                          Is it becasue they are from the USA ( the origin of all evil?)
                          Is it becasue they plotted so successfuly to get people hooked in? You got hooked in for a reason, you too want to make money. Is your motivation more pure than "theirs"?
                          You were given something for free, and probably did not even consider it just because it was free. I can understand, it is human nature.

When asked for payment for the whole course, you argue that because "they" make so much money "they" must be crooks and their source of income is the seminar and not the trading. So their are in fact a fraud because they teach and do not do. And you arrived to this conclusion from the price of the course.

And if it is such a good thing why share it and why not doing all the trading for them and why sell it for $4000?

And why not give it for free since they already have the money and money does not bring happiness and rich is evil and poor is oh! so virtuous.....

Only joking Slippery, but seriously, to resent other people's wealth is very un-prosperous.
                          Usualy the recomendation is to celebrate other people's good fortune and at the same time understand that it is our birthright to be prosperous too. Resentment only produces limiting beliefs, or what is nonchalantly called lack mentality
                          Last edited by Guest; 7 December 2006, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Hi All
                            Just a bit of information about this "Busting Loose" caper
                            If you are to go check the site for a preview be prepared to be the receiver of a weekly email from these guys
                            I have attempted to get my email off their list more than once alas not succeded as yet
                            They are really keen to get you to be very rich indeed it is your interest they have at the bottom of their heart I am sure
                            Cheers
                            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              Hi All
                              ...They are really keen to get you to be very rich indeed it is your interest they have at the bottom of their heart I am sure
                              Hi Chris tell me, why should they have your interest at heart? That is your job.

In fact no one has anyone else's interest at heart but his own. The martir, the patriot, the priest, the one giving for charity, even Mother Theresa Dr Schweizer, you name it... all do/did what they do, because they see it as in their own advantage...or they wouldn't do it.

The human mind never ceases to amaze me. People are so particular when it comes to what other people make yet have no second thoughts in buying from department stores at inflated prices and snub the corner shop.
                              If questioned you will get a well rehersed and logical respons about convenience and the price of it.
                              Come to purchase from an organisation that happens to have a face attached to it...say the old Dick Smith, or perhaps Aussie home loans and others... Wow!!...listen to the opinions fly! and the many reasons NOT to buy from THOSE....hehe... I find it all so very amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc1 View Post
                                Hi Chris tell me, why should they have your interest at heart? That is your job.
                                in fact, Chris didn't say that anyone else should have his interest at heart. perhaps you should re-read his message.

"The human mind never ceases to amaze me. People are so particular when it comes to what other people make yet have no second thoughts in buying from department stores at inflated prices and snub the corner shop."

In fact, people tend to pay less at department stores, which place huge orders (and thus get cheaper prices), which is one of the main reasons they shop there in the first place. Then you do have the convenience of many items under one roof. I can only think of one person on this board who will argue that many items under one roof is LESS convenient than having to go from shop to shop, but there's no reasoning with some people....

This, of course, does contribute to the downfall of the corner shop (as has been shown numerous times when the likes of Wal Mart, Big W, etc open up in a small town). Anyway, I could go on and on about the big bad box stores, but I won't....

"Come to purchase from an organisation that happens to have a face attached to it."

Sorry, Marc, but what do you know about purchasing? You don't deal with money, which is why you don't worry about whether you should shop at the corner shop. What was it that you trade in again, coconuts or sunflower seeds? I forget, but I'm sure you'll remind me by spouting some more gobbledygook...

Justin

"There's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But, they don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you." - Kevin Smith, Clerks
                                quesoburgesa
                                Last edited by quesoburgesa; 18 December 2006, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X