Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Busting loose

Originally posted by dagwill View Post
    hi i read all the stuf at the site.basicly a FOOL and his money are easily parted, to the tune of $1000.
    My Grandfather told me one very important rule,concerning money. So your income is $100 / week ,if your expences are $99.99 your life will be bliss. If your expenses are $100.01 your life will be HELL.
    Grandfather is onto it. I spend more time wonderign WHY I want something, not can I afford it. By doing this I can now walk through a department store, and not have to worry about "can I afford that". It is not because I can or cant, but because it has no interest for me. I know what is artificial wants, as opposed to genuine need.
    I often base my perception of happyness on fifties values, not the new milenium. I dont care if i have a plasma screen or an old CRT (the picture is not the quality problem with television) Why do I want a flat television anyway? It still wont make wheel of fortune more enjoyable. Do I really care how old my house is?

I dont remember the few take out meals my parents and I had. I do remember the boat and holidays they could afford because the didnt have many. If you buy something, ask will it make me good memories, or memories of buying something that is cheap to buy now, or struggling to pay for it?

Taking it a few steps further, If you spend 99.99 you can have something small go wrong and if dosent cost more than a cent, you are ok. If you spend 90 dollars something larger can go wrong, and life wont be hell. If you only spend 50 you can double your expenses, and still be in the clear.

Being ritch is not about how much money you have. It is about not worrying about money. To not worry about money, you need to live well within your means. If you had 10 times the money you have now, and were struggling to pay of the 10 times more expensive car, house etc, whats changed? is tht ritchness?
    Captain Echidna
    Last edited by Captain Echidna; 18 December 2006, 11:35 PM.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Originally posted by Marc1 View Post
      In fact no one has anyone else's interest at heart but his own. even Mother Theresa, you name it... all do/did what they do, because they see it as in their own advantage...or they wouldn't do it.
      Now you have said that Marc, Its obvious Mother Teresa was one of those ego maniacs that was only in it for the fame and fortune. Working like a dog, living in the worst, most famine and disese ridden **** holes of the world helping people with nothing to their name, often with no clothes on their backs even, and doing it till she was in her 80's, was just a clever, selfish ploy to satisfy her ambitions to get on the cover of time magazine.
      Boy, didn't she have the world Fooled with all her good deeds?

Originally posted by Marc1 View Post

The human mind never ceases to amaze me.
      You can say that again!!!
      Some people not only amaze me, the things they come out with leave me completely and utterly in disbelief!

Perhaps one day I will be able to visit the planet Zorg so I can get a better understanding of the inexplicable things they come out with and how the lack of oxygen completely skews their normal, rational brain function.

Comment

Hi Justin
        Where is that Lasagna man? It sure sounds good, if they don't cheat
        Cheers
        Chris
        Never give up :)

Comment

Hum...I see, more of the usual.

I can read. Chris post reads exactly as I intepret it.

Mr QuesoB, your response re department stores is predictable yet not accurate. Supermarkets are notorious for having some products discounted and others inflated, yet when I could write a few hours about the strategies used in marketing, you missed my point entirely. Perhaps my examples were not the best.

Point is that in most responses in this and other threads, what is blatantly obvious is the irritation of the various authors caused by the mere thought of those who seem to do well in the finance department. This irritation is circumscribed to people with faces and seems to spare corporations with bright lights and shiny floors.

To entertain the thought that perhaps someone who seems to have found a way to make money is doing good, is anathema and not to conform to the expected rich crook bashing is proof of some form of mental disorder or of clearly not belonging to the human race.

I must say that this is something I hear every day and is part of what I do for a living, so no surprises there.
          However in my experience most people when they are shown a pattern of behaviour, in this case the extreme reaction towards those who seem to do better than we do, most show some interest in understanding why this is so. Conceded an Internet forum and from all forums one on biodiesel is not the place to make personal concessions or confessions, so, I can understand if you keep on going on with the usual.

David, every person on the planet makes decisions based on an array of beliefs and values. Mother Teresa and anyone else for that matter, including you, does his or her stuff because it is the best choice for him or her, altruism does not really exist, since every person even the one dying for another, does so because he believes that to be the best choice for him at that point in time. To do something against our own interest is impossible and if it appears to be so it is only because we are not considering the underlying values that prompt people to do what they do. Our brain does not make mistakes ever. It takes always the best decision based on the information values and beliefs stored.

So taking this a bit further, we all choose to be exactly where we are, so does the rich, the poor, the healthy and the sick. How far are we in fact responsible for our own postion in life? It depends who you ask. Some go as far as stating everithing that happens to us is part of our own choice or creation. What about accidents, metereological phenomenon? Again some are positive it is all our own doing. One thing is for certain we are responsible for a hell of a lot more then we would even like to know. Who wants to lose the choice of blaming the bad rich/politician/parent/teacher/ neighbour/coucil/policeman/weather/dog?

So see, to get all worked up because someone charges a few thousands for a seminar, or some other is majority shareholder in a good company or that one is claiming (God forbid) to have found a way to save fuel, that is not making biodiesel....is just the proof that we have positioned ourselvs exactly where we want to be...and have all worked out the excuse for it... :-)
          The dog ate my homework.
          Bad dog, baaad...
          Last edited by Guest; 19 December 2006, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X