Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanical question

Chaps

Had an oil leak around the drive shaft coming out of the transfer case on the 4wd .. whipped out the offending part .. have a replacement oil seal BUT no idea which way around it goes .... I'm guessing the seal part with the "spring" reinforced collar faces into the case
    any suggestions .. Dave

Stuart

Re: Mechanical question

Gday
    I'm sure that the rubber flat part of the seal is visible and the spring side is inside the case and not visible, i hope this makes sense
    thanks caveman
    sigpic

Comment

The seal is kind of U shaped. The two legs go inside and the flat back to the outside.

You broke the first most important rule!!!!!!
      ALWAYS TAKE NOTE HOW THINGS COME APART!!

Comment

Originally posted by Qwarla View Post
        The seal is kind of U shaped. The two legs go inside and the flat back to the outside.

You broke the first most important rule!!!!!!
        ALWAYS TAKE NOTE HOW THINGS COME APART!!

Thanks chaps .. it is kinda obvious when you sit down and think about it

Comment

I would often say to my boss, "better to ask a stupid question than to make a stupid mistake"
          cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Echidna View Post
            I would often say to my boss, "better to ask a stupid question than to make a stupid mistake"
            Right on Cptn.

Along those lines it's easier to answer a stupid question then go and fix your stupid mistake

Comment

It is our general observation that most of the people try to find real peace of mind and are always in search of a quality yoga centre. Today, any Tom, Dick and Harry to have started yoga centres - without truly understanding what yoga is all about. We have been emphasizing that yoga is not only about asanas and pranayams - though they are an essential component. So, any centre merely teaching the yoga practice around these two practices is not a yoga centre.
              We have been observing hundreds of educated and well qualified people being exploited in the name of yoga training at the yoga centres run by run-of-the-mill preachers. We believe we can help the society in a large way, by undertaking such yoga retreat so as to further spread the true light of yoga.
              For further details regarding investment required, fees charged for the course, additional support, etc contact us.

Thanks
              JSR Solution

Comment

Working...
              X