Peak Oil presentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peak Oil presentation

I thought I might add something else to this thread that will start a lot of questioning. Have a read of this chapter from this small book that is virtually unknown -

http://www.reformation.org/energy-non-crisis-ch17.html

After that chapter has whetted your interest, read the entire book to put the chapter in perspective.

The reason I post this, is that I had read about this Gull Island reserve some years ago, but without some corroboration I just tucked the story away. I have had that recent corroboration by a former intelligence officer that is very cluey on the various machinations that are going on.

To further muddy the water, I consider the abiotic oil theory as counter-intelligence, that is, disinformation to confuse the masses about any stories of other reserves.

Is it true? bugger if I know. I'm just a little fellow on the outside of the loop who keeps trying to connect the dots.

so many layers to the onion of truth.....

Comment

I have also been to a presentation on Peak oil and seen the original documentary.

There is no doubt that as a global community we are facing a big change over the next 20 years.

Peak oil will not result in a sudden change. Peak oil (as I understand it) is the point at which the maximum oil production is reached. From that point on no matter how hard we pump we cannot extract the oil at a faster rate. In simple terms we are at the 50% point of use. It has taken the globe about 70 years of production to reach this point. We do however pump much faster than we used to so it certainly wont last another 70 years.

Economic law of supply and demand tells us that fuel will exponentially increase in price as demand remains and supply diminishes.

I have no doubt that our western society will change a lot over the next 20 years. The cheap energy (not just mineral fuel) that we enjoy now will become a lot more expensive. Travel and oil derivatives like plastic will cost more - actually everything will cost more.

But it will happen relatively slowly. The smart ones are those investing in energy now. We will need air power (compressed) cars and electric cars for short city commutes and public transport will rule....

Get ready for change and prepare your future - but don't panic.

I know it has changed my thinking for the future - if we all get ready and start embracing change it will make the future shock easier. Your pollees won't look that far ahead - so we have to.

Cheers,
      Paul
      Brisbane
      80 series TDi with 100K on B100
      2005 Audi A3 TDi B20-B50 60K on BD
      1993 Daihatsu Rocky - B100 20K on BD - all good!

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Syd
        I thought I might add something else to this thread that will start a lot of questioning. Have a read of this chapter from this small book that is virtually unknown -

http://www.reformation.org/energy-non-crisis-ch17.html

After that chapter has whetted your interest, read the entire book to put the chapter in perspective.

The reason I post this, is that I had read about this Gull Island reserve some years ago, but without some corroboration I just tucked the story away. I have had that recent corroboration by a former intelligence officer that is very cluey on the various machinations that are going on.

To further muddy the water, I consider the abiotic oil theory as counter-intelligence, that is, disinformation to confuse the masses about any stories of other reserves.

Is it true? bugger if I know. I'm just a little fellow on the outside of the loop who keeps trying to connect the dots.

so many layers to the onion of truth.....

The guy certainly has much to say on a range of topics, including proposing renaming the USA itself.

Comment

I mentioned the Gull Island story because Pangit asked the question earlier about Peak Oil possibly being a conspiracy to raise oil prices. As to whether the reserve exists of not, I don't think it is going to matter for us little guys. Everything is now moving towards the Peak Oil scenario.

If big reserves are being held back intentionally, then the economic collapse, chaos and die-off that will result are also a part of that intention.

Either way, conspiracy or not, people better get ready.

Comment

Thanks Terry, I like reading all the breadth of information people provide on this topic.

This bloke reckons that "Peak Debt" will knock us off before Peak Oil (and will actually delay Peak Oil as a depression reduces oil demand).

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/ed...2006/0904.html

Not very nice either way but the survival strategies are probably similar anyway.

Comment

Hi All
              So here we go again on "Peak oil" as well as the "Abiotic origins of oil" as Terry suggest's it is counter intelligence
              That may be the case as well as the case of "fossil" origin of oil as we know it or as it is supposed to have happen no different a theory than the abiotic theory which I suggest it is. Just a theory
              Terry is, as he says, a little guy trying to put the dot's together so he may be in a position to form a picture
              There is enough stuff out there about everything to scare the living daylights out of all of us
              Theories abound about all sorts of things including the origins of oil as well as theories about everything
              We have for a long time had a conflict amongst the Creation theorist's as well as the evolution adherents, for example
              If we are to take on board all of the things that are pumped down our throats by the media as well as all the "experts" out there we would not be able to walk out of our homes
              On second thought's even our homes are a dangerous place to be in with all the bugs, dust, solvents out of paint, the skin we all discard every day as well as the cleaning materials we use. Whoa!!
              What on earth are we going to do?
              At the end of the day we need to sit back and take stock guys and girls What are we about? as well as what are we to make out of our lot in life
              Isn't this just a little part of our life? where is the bigger picture?
              We have fallen victims of a lifestyle as well as a way of life that may need to be altered rather drastically
              Human beings do not like change, I am not so sure that we can keep going the way that we are going or the way we have been going in regards to the earths resources
              There is climate change, there are water shortages, there are hurricanes and tornadoes like we have never seen before, heat waves as well as floods unprecedented
              May be we as human beings we give ourselves to much credit
              Do we have all the answers?
              I don't think we do, at the end of the day what are we in terms of time? Just a speck, if we, take into account that this place that we habituate has been around for millennia what do we know?
              We have a life span of 75-80 years in a place that harboured dinosaurs millions of years ago We can only guess as to what it was like which in practical terms is still a guess
              No need to panic, on the one hand, on the other we have to do our very best so as to not do any more harm in this place that we live in just in case we may be correct on this one
              Cheers
              Chris
              Cheers
              Chris
              Never give up :)

Comment

The more dots I connect, the more deconstructed everything becomes (I thought the movie 'The Matrix' was fiction!).

Here is the transcript from the recent ABC report on the Peak Oil Senate inquiry.

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/con...6/s1736401.htm

And here is another ABC report on the lack of economic viability in the biofuels industry -
                http://www.abc.net.au/rural/news/con...6/s1732299.htm

Hmmm, the homebrewers biodiesel 'industry' is economically viable, too bad the Government doesn't want to support it. I don't hear any homebrewers screaming for a grant or subsidy - all they want is for the Government to get out of their way.
                Terry Syd
                Last edited by Terry Syd; 9 September 2006, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Syd
                  T
                  Hmmm, the homebrewers biodiesel 'industry' is economically viable, too bad the Government doesn't want to support it. I don't hear any homebrewers screaming for a grant or subsidy - all they want is for the Government to get out of their way.
                  Here Here to that.

I am currently searching for 100acres in the NSW wheat belt or somewere else that I can at this point grow rapeseed on so that I will have enough VO to run my transport needs for many seasons without the need to purchase fuel Now just got to find the place. I have put the numbers together and even this way it is viable for personal use and will reduce my impact on the enviroment through doing so. I will also be a carbon bank durring the growth period. Nice
                  Dave

Comment

Now online - 'Australia's Future Oil Supply and Alternative Transport Fuels, Interim Report'

4.22 The Committee notes that the Government has set a modest target for the production of biofuels of 350 million litres by 2010. This represents less than one per cent of Australia’s current use of liquid fuels for transport.[68] This should be substantially increased if we are going to move to secure Australia’s energy future. The government must facilitate the achievement of such a goal through incentives to roll-out an adequate distribution network throughout the country.

2.18 In the Committee’s view it is clear that gas will be the most significant transition fuel option for Australia, and as such a national reserve should be established.

http://www.aph.gov.au/Senate/committ...port/index.htm
                    Terry Syd
                    Last edited by Terry Syd; 10 September 2006, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Yeah Terry WHAT A JOKE

4.17 While there are a range of groups that actively promote the use of biofuels as an alternative to oil based products, there appear to be significant unresolved questions in relation to such fuels. However, all have a role to play in oil substitution and the transition to greater sustainability. There are issues in relation to biofuels which must be addressed and these include:
                      • The energy return on investment (EROI) of such fuels, significant fossil fuel inputs being required to produce them;
                      • Production capacity, whilst unlikely to be sufficient to provide a significant proportion of current requirements using existing technology, will satisfy a niche;
                      • The potential for competition between fuel production and food or textile production in land use;
                      • The need to ensure that oil for biodiesel is produced sustainably and does not drive tropical deforestation for palm oil plantations for example; and
                      • Government intervention by way of partnership or collaborative arrangement such that diesel manufacturers adjust their warranty to enable the use of more than 5 percent biodiesel in their engines. The same applies for ethanol where governments need to resolve the lack of international consistency about the level of concentration of ethanol in vehicles and in fuel storage and dispensing equipment.

What a joke

So what you can't use a bio fuel to produce a bio fuel?

What you have to dig up a fossil fuel with fresh air and sunshine and then crack it into a fuel Hmmmmm.

Anyway I am still going ahead with my plans of finding 100acres of land that I can grow enough crop on to provide my fuel needs without relying on fossil fuels into the future!
                      Dave

Comment

David, I suggest before you decide on the land, you take some time to decide on the crop you want. For example, I like the idea of perennials such as macadamia nut trees. With a perennial you don't need yearly cultivation (which affects how much energy goes into the crop, you know - EROEI). The oil yields on macadamia nuts is many times higher than something like canola. Harvest time is also easier, the nuts just drop on the ground, again saving on the EROEI equation.

Once you decide on a crop, then take a look at where that crop grows well, rainfall, soil types, zoning, etc.

One of the things we learned in the 'Farming Small Areas' course at Richmond TAFE was that way too many people bought a small farm, THEN tried to figure out what they could do with it - sort of a cart before the horse approach. You might want to look into one of those courses yourself, they are well worth the time and effort.

Comment

Thanks Terry,

Yeah I had looked into macadamia nuts but decided that the seven year turn around to nut was a bit longer than I have patience for I can't wait that long

I have thought of starting with Rapseed just basicly for the simplistic way to deal with it and it's water requirements and then look at moving towards mustard seed which is a higher yeild crop.

Thanks for the heads up on the course I am already doing a Real Estate Agents Lic course at the moment so I am very time poor and spend most of my time on the net completing the course so that would be out in the short term

But again thanks very much for the heads up
                          Dave

Comment

Very good Terry,

I hope to get book "Twlight in Desert" which writen by Mattew Simmons.
                            Who was advisor to your Pres. Bush. I want to read the book with my friend who is Russian expert on oil wells.

Plus I want a small 4 cylinder or large engine with 3 cylinder diesel. I was told a Germany Company made a 3 cylinder for Saab many years ago. Also is true that in New Zealand Natural gas is change into Benzine at small factory of Chemicals? Yes if possible these book is not yet in Polish or Russian, but I can read English. How to get book about Saudia Oil?

Comment

Working...
                            X