Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fitch Catalyst - Genuine Improvement or Fake Hype?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Fitch Catalyst - Genuine Improvement or Fake Hype?

hallelujah brother !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Echidna View Post
      Remember if you come from a north american country, perhaps one just south of canada, I am sure science is not compulsory from about year 8, which is why some thing that sell well there just dont seem to go as well here.
      Sorry been on holiday
      Ok I did a look, and I was wrong about science education to year 8 (or was right a long time go), and apologise to anyone offended.
      Mind you I did find this, Science education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which states "In addition, the process of science, including such elements as the scientific method and critical thinking, is often overlooked" (In many Amercan States), I wonder if "the scientific method" as well as "critical thinking" are inportant skills when considering purchasing these types of products?
      cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Originally posted by claudemc View Post
        It's very interesting how some of you are reading a negative into this article when in fact it is very positive and supports the validity of the Fitch product.
        What sort of alternate universe do you live in where an order to remove unsubstantiated advertising is seen as supporting the validity of a product?

The only difference between Fitch and the others, is Fitch is more careful about the claims they make.

Fitch still had unsubstantiated claims forcibly removed from their marketing.

After all these years, Fitch still hasn't substantiated claims of even a 5% fuel savings. Not even 5%.

Congratulations, Fitch, on carefully wording your advertising to avoid having your worthless products removed from the NSW market.

Comment

Oh, I've been following this thread by email subscription since 2006 - since Leongster popped up in a Nissan forum with anecdotes about his uncle, his lawnmower, and a 5 hour conversation he had with a lonely physicist, which lead him to "testing" fuel catalysts. He mentioned this forum, so I came here to watch him fail here as well.

As I've said before - there is no evidence to back up the claims of dozens of fuel savings devices. I wish there was. My problem with them is based on my overactive sense of fairness - I don't like seeing people scammed.

Congratulations to the NSW Office of Fair Trading. I assume they are like our Consumer Protection Branch of the Ontario government or Canada’s Office of Consumer Affairs, except now I actually know of something positive done in NSW, while I still couldn't tell you what our own government agencies have accomplished.

Aside: Interestingly, I also follow and argue against a form of mortgage acceleration fraud in Canada and the US - a scheme that started in Australia. These companies were kicked out of Australia. If you google "United First Financial", you'll find hits with my screen names (chansen, Craig Hansen, BartBandy) where I (along with many others) dissect the product and the MLM pyramid that sells it. We've received no thanks from any government agency in Canada or the US. Guess which country had a representative thank me for exposing this scam to others online? Australia.

Comment

It seems the people who have personally tried this product support it's claims and the people who have not tried it are still arguing about where to get it tested. Mr Fitch is a very reputable man in the US, personal friends of Jay Leno and very well respected. I wonder how this company could be in business for 15 yrs selling something that doesn't work. Any comments to that?

Comment

Originally posted by rptuckhom View Post
              It seems the people who have personally tried this product support it's claims and the people who have not tried it are still arguing about where to get it tested. Mr Fitch is a very reputable man in the US, personal friends of Jay Leno and very well respected.
              That was funnier than Jay is.

Originally posted by rptuckhom View Post
              I wonder how this company could be in business for 15 yrs selling something that doesn't work. Any comments to that?
              Yeah. If it worked, it would be huge. It only continues to exist off the power of its claims, and people wanting it to work. And the fact that you can keep costs low if all you're doing is stamping out little balls of tin and selling them for hundreds of dollars.

Comment

HI Fellow members,May I suggest to those who doubt what FITCH does talk to BRAD PAXTON of www.healthywealthywater.com.au
                Further to this anyone who bags the product without trying is somewhat lacking in intelligence,particularly when the said product has a 90day moneyback guarantee????????????????????Think about it??.

Kindest of regards BILL

Comment

Listening to someone who has a Fitch saying it works doesn't change the argument? Are you serious? Why would you listen to someone who doesn't have one? Because he thinks it doesn't work? Scientific principal, buddy, if you make a statement like that one thing is for sure, you're most certainly not a scientist. Please explain to me the scientific principal of why it can't work.
                  Here's the comment that's really special. Being in business for 15 yrs either means you haven't been put out of business or gone out of business. Well rocket scientist, thanks for clearing that up for everyone, I would have never known that had you not said it. It certainly couldn't have anything to do with selling good products or customer satisfaction! Your statement might make some sense if they were a new company or maybe been in business a year or so, but certainly doesn't make any sense otherwise. However, since your so convinced, can you provide me with let's say maybe 3 other companies that have been in business for 15 years scamming people as you so much like to say. I'll be waiting for that list so go to work on it!

Comment

I'm still waiting pal for your list of companies that have been in business for 15 yrs lying and scamming people! Seems you're coming up a little short of that list! Oh by the way, I figured YOU were the scientist since it was YOU who stated there are several scientific principals proving this thing couldn't work. I'm still waiting for both! Please, save your words to me until you do!

Comment

rptuckhom,
                      With any scientific or business process, it is the responsibility of the proponent to prove that the device works, not for others to prove it doesn't.

Please either provide the explanations and provide the proof, or leave us in peace. I am fed up with this "He said, She said " BS that is continuing here.

I look forward to your proof, and an explanation of the scientific principles which enable it to work.

No Proof = Goodbye!

Regards,
                      Tony
                      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

I have now closed this thread.
                        Should anyone wish to add to it, please PM me with your post and if I feel it is worth adding to the thread, I will post it.
                        It had better be good though.

Tony
                        Tony From West Oz
                        Vice Chairperson of WARFA
                        Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 9 June 2009, 12:54 AM. Reason: Added PM me to add.
                        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Just as a final note to this thread, I thought I would post a link to the NSW Office of Fair Trading report:
                          Originally posted by NSW Office of Fair Trading
                          Unfortunately results of a Fair Trading compliance investigation have revealed that the promises of big savings and great efficiency cannot be justified.
                          None of the companies were able to substantiate their claims and failed to comply with the Australian Standard
                          While the other two - Fuelmate and the Fitch Fuel Catalyst - have deleted all unsubstantiated claims from their website and promotional material including promises that these products could ‘save consumers up to 25% better fuel economy’ and ‘from 5-12% fuel savings’.
                          Full report here

I think that pretty much wraps up this topic!
                          pangit
                          Last edited by pangit; 9 June 2009, 11:42 AM.
                          Sean

Comment

Although this thread is now locked, I received this interesting report from a new member (Autosport) by PM:
                            Originally posted by Autosport
                            A current Affair do a story on them every 12 months or so, and during the testing they use the workshop and Dyno of a friend of mine in Wollongong (can provide name if wanted). A Couple of years ago while they were Filming the story, I was at his workshop. After Doing the baseline test on the 80 series Diesel Land cruiser early-ish in the morning, they installed the Fitch device to the car and did some more power runs, there was no difference in power, torque or results or from the gas analyzer.

The Fitch rep made the excuse that it was because the ambient temperature had risen (in under an hour mind you) so they waited all day until late afternoon until the car and ambient temperatures had fallen, the Fitch Rep went and got bags of Ice from the Service station and shoved it around the air cleaner... and still no change.

In the end the pressure was put on the Dyno operator so much that he basically had to jump the car on the Dyno in a dangerous manner in order to get a slightly higher reading.

Pressure came from both Fitch Rep, as he was paying the workshop for the work, as well as the reporter as he didn't want to go back to his bosses with a day reporting a story with no result.

I think this in it self tells the story of Fitch. I could probably get hold of the Dyno sheets from that test if I needed to (although would be difficult as I no longer live in Wollongong and would require searching through many old Dyno files on his Dyno).
                            Sean

Comment

Working...
                            X