Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fitch Catalyst - Genuine Improvement or Fake Hype?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Fitch Catalyst - Genuine Improvement or Fake Hype?

Interesting that you seem to have now decided it is not a maginet. I was reading a website last night where a fellow reported that he had opened one of the catalysers and found a filter and magnet inside.
    $400- $500 seems a lot to spend on a fuel filter and magnet.

Tilly[/QUOTE]

Tilly, I am happy to hear that you're looking up on the subject!

As for what i have or have not decided, please do not presume. You may recall that I asked after whether the cannister version may have contained any magnetic elements.

my quote: "I am not certain if the drop-in fitch pellets are ferromagnetic. Perhaps the cannister ones are - any response from the distributors on this detail?"

This was in relation to Marc1's write up on magnets, which were previously unmentioned, you may recall...

Also, that I was asking after whether the pellets in the cannister version were themselves ferro or paramagnetic - as I have tested the ones in the cage and they do not seem to be ferromagnetic at all. Chris on this forum has a theory they may be diamagnetic. Another topic i hope to investigate too.

Can you please give me the link to this site where the cannister was opened up? Pictures would be good otherwise it's probably ballyhoo.

While we're on the subject of magnets and catalysts, here's another product that pre-treats diesel. (ooh, another controversial one!)

Check out the Dieselcraft website:

http://www.dieselcraft.com/imagephotos.html

Comment

Ok, at risk of attracting all sort of invective, here goes my own experience. And let it be clear I am not in any way associated with the para abnormal nuclear recirculatorium device.

This is the story: I came across this device by pure chance. It so happened that the cousin of my next door neighbors father was dying from a little known "complexius inferioris" disease and could not work.

The guy who wanted to do something to make ends meet and help his father at the same time, was an unemployed nuclear physicist with a lot of time on his hand.
      Taking off from were he left when employed by the Latvian Ortodox Nuclear Research Facility (LONREFAC), he quickly realised that retrofitting an activated copper cathode in the exhaust pipe of a diesel engine and fitting the other end of the cathode (that is the anode) in the air intake, a stream of orphan electrons, the one left behind by the incomplete combustion, will be forced to go back into the air intake and complete the combustion.
      As you all know diesel engines burn only 70% of fuel and the rest 30% goes through the exhaust unburned to choke the residents living close to big arteries and specially next to the cross city tunnel.
      The cousin in question had a long standing association with a parabnormal practitioner member of the Latvian prascientifics and specializing in Cavorka. She after deep studies, found a way through chants, spells an a lot of rubbing to activate the copper cathode of the recirculatorium who was then only a crude project.

By activating the copper by this method known only to the Latvians, who stole it from the Russians during the times of the Perestroika, Copper becomes a fuel-molecular-electro-magnet and so the long chains of fuel, cracked by impact on the copper wire, shed all their electrons and find a safe conduit to return unscated into the air intake and back to the combustion chamber for another go.
      When i first fitted the device , it was nighttime and I could not see well so I wasnt sure I did the cross knocking inter wiring correctly and at first the engine coughed and spluttered, but then as if magic, the engine started running smoother, and 25% more powerful, the fuel consumption improved by 35% and the most amazing of it all is no smoke and no noise. Yes that is AMAZING, the engine stopped doing that annoying diesel knocking, it was so smooth I had to crank up my hearing aid to hear it. I thought I had run out of battery!
      I tell you whoever does not use the recirculatorium is wasting his money on fuel. I do 300K with 10 litres with my F350 V8 7L diesel and will never look back. If you are interested in more detailed information about the device, feel free to email me to wildclaims@ubeauty.com.lt

Comment

Fitch Cataliser- Totally Rubbish!

Hello Leongster,
        Yes, all I did was type fitch fuel catalyst scam into Google and you would be amazed at what came up.
        Interesting that while You and Fitch decline to post anything other than Fairy Tales about this product, you want me to provide a URL and photos supporting my posts.

You will find the following discussion on ExploreOz.com has the exact information you require.
        Notice that Choice magazine used a Fitch fuel catalyst for three months and found no benefit.
        NRMA offered to run a carefully controlled scientific test and Fitch declined
        BillS is a fitch sales person.

So, go get a coffee,sit back and enjoy
        http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Archiv...fitch%26PN%3D1

Tilly
        tillyfromparadise
        Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 17 July 2006, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Well Well
          I am certainly at a loss about this thread
          I cannot believe that this additive which relates to dino diesel is presented in a forum such as this one here that is more inclined to deal with renewable fuels has had as many hits as it has, over 2,500 Bizarre!!!!!!!!
          Nevertheless that tells a story, I am not sure what the story is
          Why are people fascinated by something like this?
          By the way Tilly you certainly have a nose for a scam
          If you remember that CGI post "Serious participants....) not so long ago? well that turned out to be an absolute fiasco
          Don't loose that ability please

By the way Leongstar I can only measure Paramagnetism in Professor Callahan's meter
          I only suggested alternative types of magnetism besides the commonly known ferro type as you suggested it may be paramagnetic
          I have never seen the catalyst this thread is about or cared much for any of those "Free" energy devices or additives They make the supplier rich and the buyer poorer "Tilly, I agree with you on that"
          That does not mean that I would not participate in a discussion about a subject that I do know a bit about, Paramagnetism.
          My self as well as many others have applied it in agriculture and it works No doubt about that
          If you wish to send some pellets across I will test them for you and give you a report
          Cheers
          Chris
          Cheers
          Chris
          Never give up :)

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise
            Filch Catalyser- Absolute Garbage!

Hello leongster,
            You said: "Probably because somewhere in the deepest recesses of your mind there's a little voice that's saying that maybe there is more to this "crap" than you're willing to admit to."
            No leongster, deep down I am thinking "The Filch catalyser is the biggest load of crapola imaginable."

Interesting that you seem to have now decided it is not a maginet. I was reading a website last night where a fellow reported that he had opened one of the catalysers and found a filter and magnet inside.
            $400- $500 seems a lot to spend on a fuel filter and magnet.

Tilly
            Tilly
            I know of people that have paid 3 times that for a magnet that wraps around their irrigation system outlet so as "Line up the magnetic forces"
            That is for irrigation water that does incredible things for plants and trees
            And that is for a 2 inch diameter outlet in the system
            The price jumps up to $18,000 for a 27 inch diameter, that is what the guy selling the system wanted to charge me when door knocking in the area
            There is something about a "Fool and his money.........)
            He is still calling for an order as I made the mistake of telling him that I will consider it which I am still doing 2 years later, and having sold the farm since
            Cheers
            Chris
            </IMG>
            Cheers
            Chris
            Never give up :)

Comment

I've left this thread here as I do like a bit of controversy .

I think it is getting a little long and dull now. Thus far, no one has managed (as requested many times) to offer conclusive tests done on a dyno, which are (one of) the only real ways of arguing this. Tilly and his BS-o-meter has a point.

I don't want to hear about different types of magnetism or about paranormal pseudo spiritual Eastern European inventions (yeah, I know that one was only a joke). I was originally posting up this thread seeking real evidence of the claims of this device on biodiesel (well, any fuel would do). While the distributor (bowserbuster) has made some nice offers to members who wanted to evaluate the product free of charge, we need something a little more scientific than some anecdotal opinions of a bloke who might try it on his car running biodiesel.

So, here's the deal: if anyone can offer some dyno services and if bowserbuster is willing to donate us a device, I will organise to get a vehicle with dual tanks of distillate and biodiesel which can switch between both the fuels both on and off the Fitch device (installed with a valve to switch between) while running on the dyno. This will be the only way to really put this discussion to bed.

I will have to delete any further posts if I see any more people posting in this thread who are not offering: 1. Dyno services for this test; 2. Vehicles, fuel for the test or; 3. A Fitch Catalyst for the test.

If I see anyone posting in here offering anecdotal stories that are unsubstantiated and not to do with biofuels and are simply posting links to other websites, I will ban you and delete your posts (especially if you are only posting in this thread and not contributing to the rest of the forum).
              Robert.
              Site Admin.

Comment

My Offer to settle this once and for all.

I have 2 diesel vehicles. One is a 1997 Ssangyong Musso SUV with about 240,000km on the speedo. This vehicle has a 2.9 litre "Old Technology" Normally aspirated Mercedes 5 cylinder Indirect injection diesel engine.

The other is a 2006 Ssangyong Musso Dual Cab with about 4,000km on the Speedo. This vehicle has a 2.9 litre Old Technology turbo-charged Mercedes 5 cylinder indirect injection diesel engine.

These are not dual fuel tank vehicles.

I offer either or both, free of charge and at my own risk and delivery expense on the east coast of Australia, to be used to test the bonifidies of the Fitch Fuel Catalyst.
                A recognised third party testing orginization, agreed to by both parties and me, will be employed to conduct meaningful nondestructive tests which will test the claims of the Fitch Fuels catalyst. Tests conducted will be agreed to by representitives of Fitch and biofuels forum.
                Fitch will pay for all testing costs in advance.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst will make available 10 identical catalysers to suit the above engine/s, one of which will be chosen at random by Robert to install on each of the Car/s chosen for the test.

Fitch and biofuels forum will have no contact with the cars or catalysers after they have been chosen, during the term of the test. Two representative of each orginization may be present as observers at all times during fitting and testing.
                I will be allowed to be present as an observer during all procedings.

I have received an offer of sufficent washed and dried biodiesel, free of charge, delivered to the testing facility, made with the formula 3.5g NaOH+ titration mixed into 150ml methanol per litre WVO reacted to perform the tests.
                The testing orginization will supply the petro-diesel required.

At the end of the test the catalyser/s used in the test will become the property of biofuels forum. It/They will be immediatly removed from the vehicle/s under test and one will be publically cut open by the testing orginization for everyone to view.
                All catalysers used in the test will then be handed over to a representative of biofuels Forum for disposal at their sole discression

Tilly
                tillyfromparadise
                Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 18 July 2006, 09:54 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=tillyfromparadise]My Offer to settle this once and for all.

Brilliant!

I have written to VIPAC, with attention to the MD, Michael Smith :

contents of the letter below:

" Dear Sir,

Please refer to the following link the contents of which are self-explanatory.

http://www.biofuelsforum.com/general...ighlight=fitch

I, along with other participants in this forum, would be appreciative if you could render your services in this test, based on the parameters outlined.

Please advise if this is possible.

Thanks and with best regards

E____ B_____ "

No doubt other third party testers may come to mind, but hopefully this helps to get things moving, now that Tilly's jump-started the process.

Now we just need Fitch Australia to respond.

Comment

Hello Leongster,
                    I am glad you agree with this.
                    I do notice that VIPAC is one of the testing orginizations that Fitch has had commercial dealings with in the past.
                    I think that the third party testing facility chosen for this test would be one that has demonstratibly had no commercial dealings with Fitch or Biofuels Forum.

Surely there would be suitable testing facilities in many Universities, and organizations like RACQ or NRMA.

It would be more convenient to me if the testing location were located somewhere between Townsville and Melbourne and within say 400km of the Coast.

Tilly
                    tillyfromparadise
                    Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 18 July 2006, 11:19 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=tillyfromparadise]Hello Leongster,
                      I am glad you agree with this.
                      I do notice that VIPAC is one of the testing orginizations that Fitch has had commercial dealings with in the past.

Hi Tilly,

Yes, I noticed that too - but they were the only independant facility on the east side I knew of.

Anyway, their response pretty much puts paid to that idea:

Dear Edward

Should you wish to see any conclusive evidence of this device being beneficial or not, firstly there is a recognised Australian Standard for the testing of such devices (AS4430-2004) - Suggest You Take A Read; pretty full on. This in turn asks for evaluation of Exhaust Emissions (As Per ADR79/01), Fuel Consumption (As Per ADR81/01), Cold Start Ability and Power Testing all conducted under strict laboratory conditions. We would be delighted to assist in the test program, should take between two-three weeks to complete and cost in the region of $35,000-$40,000 for the minimum of two vehicles (one pre 1992 & one post 1992).
                      > Also of possible future interest to yourselves in the Biodiesel field would be our new emissions test facility currently under construction and due for comissioning early in the new year when we shall have installed the only fully transient Road Load Simulation Chassis Dynamometer in Australasia capable of testing anything from a Motorscooter up to a 25T Prime Mover 2WD, AWD and beyond to ALL RECOGNISED world standards and drive cycles. This represents a $2,000,000 investment on Vipac's behalf (so as you can see $35-40K is a small price to pay in this particular game) for some conclusive evidence either way of the ability of this device. Fitch Cats & Representative vehicles to be supplied by yourselves.
                      >
                      > Regards:
                      > Rob Davies IEng MSOE MIRTE LCGI
                      > Automotive Engineer: Vehicle Certification & Emissions

The idea of getting the tech colleges to come forward is terrific. A group of us has been trying to get Nanyang in Singapore interested - but they're totally preoccupied with the hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and want several thousands of dollars for the test, and won't help with anything less. Sigh.

Best

Leongster

Comment

Hello Leongster,
                        An interesting reply.
                        I think we could find some reputable independant tester to perform some meaningful dynometer and fuel consumption tests for substantially less than $35,000.

Tilly

Comment

Originally posted by leongster
                          I am new to this forum, but have posted some feedback on the Fitch catalyst on the nissan forum site ( the x-trail threads), under the same user name: Leongster (after my dog, Leong, who is a monster, if you have to ask).
                          I love dogs. I hate scams. I've been partaking in the "fuel economy" discussions over at www.nissanforums.com that Leongster is referring to. The link is here:

http://www.nissanforums.com/x-trail/...-catalyst.html

I think everyone there has basically given up on this guy, especially after his "fleet manager" claim. It seems some of you here have, as well.

As it is obvious that this forum follows the development and use of biodiesels, I'll admit that you have much more knowledge related to these claims than I do. Just thought I'd chime in that you guys aren't alone in your skepticism.

But have you thought of adding grooves to your intake??? lol

Comment

[QUOTE=chansen]
                            I think everyone there has basically given up on this guy, especially after his "fleet manager" claim. It seems some of you here have, as well.

I thought I'd let the Nissan Forum contributors know about this thread on Fitch and the biodiesel tests, if just to show them that there is at least some progress being made here that goes beyond all the name-calling and mud-slinging that's been going on at the Nissan site.

Chansen, true to form, has followed me here and I hope that maybe he can learn something from the folks here, about objectivity.

He has labelled me a liar, among other things and I have asked him to clarify what he meant by that. (Chansen , I am still waiting for your response.)

At this point I would like to request that the moderators of this Biodiesel forum, if they have any questions on the Fitch tests that I initiated in Singapore, to contact via PM VALBOO, moderator on the Nissan forum X-trail site, as he has privileged knowledge of the Fitch acceleration tests I have been referring to, which I am only sharing with the moderators of both forums at this stage.

Robert, if you require further proof of these acceleraton tests, please PM me and I'll send you the evidence. My intention here is that you'll understand after seeing the material, the need to keep things on track here.

sincerely,

Leongster

Comment

$35,000! What, to pop a vehicle up on a dyno, hook up an extra fuel line with the gizmo and then monitor the power output for 15-20 minutes of testing. Give me a break.

You'd have to wonder how many street racers could afford such testing on their $20,000 vehicles.

Have you ever noticed how con-men always have another excuse handy?

Comment

Guys,

this sounds like a job for Mythbusters.

Why don't you

1) take a car to nice long stretch of quiet road (should be easy in Oz)

2) fill up to neck (no Fitch fitted)

3) drive with cruise control until she stops & check km

4) fill up again to neck & fit Fitch

5) drive back with cruise control same stretch of road and check if you get further.

Sounds like a nice outing for a weekend with the mates, wife, dog or all the CDs you can't listen to at home.

In a Citroen C5 HDI with 2 people cruising at 100 km/h you should get at least 1,200 km on 68 L of fuel.

Comment

Working...
                                X