Texoil 240v pump install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texoil 240v pump install

Well I bought one of those Texoil 240 volt oil pumps off ebay. Fitted her to the wall of my shed and plumbed her in, and she works a real treat.

Costs:

pump = $200 delivered
    Plumbing = $130
    time = 3 hrs to plumb in

Things still to do:
    • Build a box around it and wire it in,
    • shorten hoses and fit one way valve to bottom of pick up pipe.
    • Fit bleed line and tap to assist with priming.
    Filled the cruiser in no time and didnt have to lift a gerry can. I love it.

Problems:

One way valve broke off the bottom of original pick up line that came with pump. still have to fish that out of the drum somehow.

Handpiece leaking like a sieve. had to pull it apart and tighten a few bits. all good now.

Will not self prime. if anyone else gets one, make sure you think about installing a header pipe with a valve that is higher than the pump unit so you can fill the line. Thats the red tap on top of the pick up line in my photos.

Round up:

Very happy with it thus far. definitely worth the effort and cost. have been filling the cruiser now for 5 years (about 80 - 100 litres per week) with plastic cubies, (usually in the dark) and quite over it.

Wish I had of done it years ago.
    Captaincademan
    Last edited by Captaincademan; 15 August 2011, 09:01 AM.

Re: Texoil 240v pump install

Nice and shiny and new!

Have you calibrated the flow meter yet? I have one that looks the same and it measures around 25% slow on 100% WVO. I suspect it is the viscosity that kills the accuracy. There is an adjustment screw that might make it more accurate if you want to muck around with it.

Tim
    Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
    12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
    Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
    Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
    Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

Funny you should mention that Tim, as I think it actually runs a little fast on Bio. I had a quick squiz for an adjustment screw, and didnt see one. is it inside the plastic housing? If I could nail that adjustment, I will be stoked.

pretty happy with it all though anyway.

Comment

Captaincademan

Mine has the hoses running the other way, i.e. in at the bottom and out at the top. The adjustment screw is under a plug with a slot in it near the outlet. Unscrew the plug to see the adjuster underneath it. I forget which way to turn it to adjust up or down for the flow rate.

If there are no obvious plugs visible on the outside, then yes, maybe take the cover off and see what is inside there.

Be careful with the painted surface on the inside of the display, it comes off with glycerol cleanser.

If you happen to find an adjuster, can you let me know which way to turn it to increase or decrease the meter and I'll have another go at mine. Like you say, it'd be nice to have it right.

Tim
        Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
        Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

I purchased a 12v. pump, hose and nozzle from the same company - all good except that the black hose was oozing Bio after a very short time.

Comment

Cade,
            You should invest in a better suction hose, yours is twisted and crimping itself closed at the bottom of your priming riser.
            Otherwise, excellent work,

Tony
            Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
            '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
            '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
            '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
            '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
            '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
            '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
            '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
            '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
            '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
            '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
            '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
            '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
            Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Hi Tony,

Gee not much slips past you eh? The hose is actually pretty good. Its just the way I rushed the install. I fixed it just after I took the photo. I had to heat the hose to get it to fit over the pick up pipe and didnt really take my time with it.

Its as round as a sausage now.

I will have a squiz at the adjuster screw tomorrow Tim and let you know how I go.

I think the other thing I will do is install a float gauge to let me know how much I have left in my drums, incase I cant get the flow meter to read accurate.

Comment

The installion is not complete till you have installed a credit card facility so next time she who must be obeyed complains about how much you spend on your toys you can just take it out of your new income stream.

Well done like a real petrol station, all you need is the bikini clad servo chick.

gene

Comment

haha nice one Gene.

Tim, I found the adjuster screw. like you suggested it wa sunder the outlet, and was hiding beneath a brass threaded plug. threaded plug is visible in photo.

right hand thread adjuster screw. winding out slowed the meter down. Have it reading pretty accurate now, pumped 65 litres and reads 67 litres. that's close enough for me. The adjustment is pretty slow, so I had to wind it almost all the way out to make the change.

judging by your meter reading slow, you will need to wind it in (clockwise).

Installed a bleed hose too, which makes life a lot easier for priming.

noted that the meter and outlet hose were weighing down too much on the elbow from the impeller, so twitched a bit of copper wire up to relieve the weight.

really easy to use now, love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Captaincademan View Post

Tim, I found the adjuster screw. like you suggested it wa sunder the outlet, and was hiding beneath a brass threaded plug. threaded plug is visible in photo.

right hand thread adjuster screw. winding out slowed the meter down. Have it reading pretty accurate now, pumped 65 litres and reads 67 litres. that's close enough for me. The adjustment is pretty slow, so I had to wind it almost all the way out to make the change.

judging by your meter reading slow, you will need to wind it in (clockwise).

Good to hear, pleased I could help out. Thanks for the tip with the adjuster too, I'll try it.

Tim

Comment

Let us know if the hose starts to weep please, bio has a very bad habit of getting through mose things or leaking out and destroying things.

Matt

Nice install.
                      Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Gday,I have a similar pump to yours and ended up taking the flow meter off as the bio ruined the plastic caseing.Also the paint on the pump is blisted from splashed bio. regards westwinds

Comment

Will do Matt.

Westwinds, i am hoping to not get any bio on the outside! Thanks for the heads up though.

I cant beleive its taken me nearly 6 years to set this up. Should have done it yonks ago.

Comment

My hose on 12v drum pump is showing signs of sadness, may last a while yet but is damp with bio. Was a birthday present and I'm loving it.

Comment

New here and interested in the Texoil pump but was wondering on whether the hand piece is metal or plastic construction. Specs are hard to find.
                              Thanks for any info.

Comment

Working...
                              X