Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introduction

I have a Shed Day at my place on the 16th... If you like email me off line and I can give you more details.
    HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
    Canberra

Comment

Hello all,

Just a quickie intro, i'm Eddie (not a Peter), currently in the Army at Canberra, living at Wanniassa. Don't anything here that runs on diesel but an imterested to learn the ins and outs of biodiesel for when i move back home down near Geelong VIC in the distant future.

cheers,

Comment

Hey hdj80, how did your shed day go??
        How many of you guys makin' it happen in Canberra??. One day i'm gonna visit my old high school, Belconnen, and Hawker college, and the house i grew up in the 70's in Scullin. And it would be great to pick up some home brew fuel, and meet with the ACT crew. while drivin' through.
        Cheers guys Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by darren leonadas
          Hey hdj80, how did your shed day go??
          How many of you guys makin' it happen in Canberra??. One day i'm gonna visit my old high school, Belconnen, and Hawker college, and the house i grew up in the 70's in Scullin. And it would be great to pick up some home brew fuel, and meet with the ACT crew. while drivin' through.
          Cheers guys Darren.

Darren,

A little disappionting no Biodieselers turned up had the usual Landcruiser guy's come around.
          I replaced the timing belt as well as my fan belts on my 91 HDJ80 Turbo BioDiesel Cruiser and we put in a Shower on a Petril LC. Other than that no biodiesel dudes.
          I have to blame myself as I have only discovered people (including yourself) have being sending me private messages and I have onlt tonight read them for the first time.... Sorry Guy's.....

As far as numbers in Canberra there are a few that want to and I am yet to meet anyone that is still making bio... I know of one bloke that was but has stopped as his $2 mixer failed and he never fixed it. don't figure????
          HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
          Canberra

Comment

Hey, you might have had some more biodiesel dudes turn up if we'd've known a little more about it. If you want to do this sort of thing again, just let me know and I'll make sure it goes in the calendar as an event (you can also post it there yourself if you want). Maybe also a new thread with full details of it etc. Anyway, please do try again and let me know and I'll help you to get the word out.
            Private messages are great, the only problem with them is a lot of useful info gets transmitted that not everyone can benefit from.
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

I drove past a fuel station yesterday and noticed a price tag of $1.51!!!!!!!!!!!
              I hadn't notived the price for so long as i dont need to. HDJ80 they will come eventually.

Comment

HDJ80,

If i was aware of this site earlier, i would have turned up for a stickypeek.

cheers for now

Comment

Originally posted by hdj80 View Post
                  I have to blame myself as I have only discovered people (including yourself) have being sending me private messages and I have onlt tonight read them for the first time.... Sorry Guy's.....

Hey, take note - you've got another private message now!

Comment

Hi all, also in Canberra, new to the forums, and you wouldn't believe it if it weren't true, my name is also Peter.

No Biodiesel means of travel yet, but through my work am interested in the topic.

Comment

Maelinar,
                      Welcome to the Forum. There is plenty of information here and when you have an informed question, please feel free to ask. We appreciate those who have done some research on their question.
                      Regards.
                      Tony
                      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Originally posted by Maelinar View Post
                        Hi all, also in Canberra, new to the forums, and you wouldn't believe it if it weren't true, my name is also Peter.

No Biodiesel means of travel yet, but through my work am interested in the topic.
                        Peter, You better be the SA Peter from my work, otherwise there is another one that wants to start making bio...

Peter
                        HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
                        Canberra

Comment

Originally posted by hdj80 View Post
                          Peter, You better be the SA Peter from my work, otherwise there is another one that wants to start making bio...

Peter
                          No, I'm another one, but we've met on the RiotACT.

Comment

There's more Peters here than you can poke a stick at in one day.

Peter.
                            Maverick
                            Canberra

Comment

G'day Peter and co,
                              Just ordered a i30 CRDi to go with 2002 Diesel Prado, live 10 mins south of Tuggeranong and have sister in law who owns a takeaway and interested in biodiesel to minimise running costs but not very handy with such things!

Kieran

Comment

What help are you asking for Kieran?
                                Maverick
                                Canberra

Comment

Working...
                                X