X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introduction

Kieran,
    Welcome to the Forum.
    Please have a look around to see if your questions have already been answered.
    If you can't find the answers you seek, you will have a greater understanding of the questions you need to ask, and perhaps you may even have some issues which will teach us more on these subjects.

Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Perhaps on the subject of free WCO he might be a very valuable subject matter expert

I think he was just saying hi...

Kieran AP by any chance ?

Comment

General apology to all,

I was 'just passing through' when I read the first page of the Intro, not realising there were other pages! Hence my somewhat limited comment.

So in no particular order, Peter from Tuggeranong (hdj80) I am keen to have a chat as I am interested in BioD for a number of reasons and have access to some of the raw materials...especially the vegetable oil.

Peter from Riot ACT, yep thats me! I followed your RA link to find the page...

Everyone else, thanks for responding etc but I am keener to discuss things locally than nationally .

Also as an update, was looking at i30 but put off by 3 month+ waiting list. Now looking at Mazda 3 Dieso. Has anyone had any experince with them?

cheers, Kieran

Comment

Another Canberra person here, but my name isn't Peter!

I have a diesel Landcruiser.

It would be great to find a source of oil in Canberra somewhere.
          I want to learn and make my own biodiesel - but it seems that I'm not alone in finding the equipment, supplies, and oil incredibly difficult to obtain!

Anyway, hello!

Cheers,
          Nick
          Canberra
          physh
          Biofuels Forum Newbie
          Last edited by physh; 19 March 2008, 01:50 PM.

Comment

What, not a Peter........hericy.

Welcome Physh. The hardest thing is getting a good, reliable oil supply. Only once you've established that should you consider proceding with building a processor.
            Maverick
            Canberra

Comment

Hi Guy's

Yes as Mav said get that supply... and hold on to it...

Another thing is and to me one of the most important aspects of this whole idea of making your own fuel and that is if you don't want a hobby forget it.

Honestly if I was doing this to save at the bowser I'd be off and find that job that pays a extra $100.00 a month, because believe me it would be easier on yourself and family... making bio just doesn't happen all by itself there is a lot of cost in a good setup, time in collecting wvo disposing of containers, production time varies but can mean a few hours away from the family when you normally would be enjoying their company, Carshed (Garage) space, chemicals and potential mess. None of which any family man should take for granted. But as I said earlier for a $100.00 I'd think twice about it as really if your heart isn't into it you will get sick of it rather quickly..

But having said all that. I love making bio and have been for a good couple of years with great success, I never thought I'd have a hobby but now I do I have also meet some awesome people and learnt alot on the way...

By the way (we aren't at this stage yet) If you happen accross a potential supplier that already has a guy picking up don't cut his grass, that's un Australian. I know that goes without saying... We who have been at this for a while now tend to help each other out when needed...
              HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
              Canberra

Comment

Working...
              X