Brisbane Chip Oil Barons CONference (COBCON ) 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brisbane Chip Oil Barons CONference (COBCON ) 2013

around 10 ish will do. by then I should have the heater on and oil up to temp.
    I have already loaded the processor with 100 litres so ready to go.

just bring your self and drinks. I'm happy to put on the sausages and onions etc.

see you then
    97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
    2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
    2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
    2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
    2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
    Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Done like a duck dinner

Comment

Awesome looking forward to see your new brew setup, and of cause having a big boys day out
        1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Comment

I will be there to see how its done and then scale up to my system, just need a shaft and paddle mixer and baffle plate to get the baby going. Looking forward to tomorrow, see you about 10.

Regards.
          Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Hey Gents, any chance of a newbie wanna be wvo cowboy attending to learn some things from the masters?
            kind regards Harvey
            Harvey
            1983 BJ42 Landcruiser (sold)
            1997 C250TD Mercedes-Benz 60,000 km on wvo

Comment

Harvey,

pm Michael (Suzzudis) or I for address. If you don't get an answer from Michael, let me know.

i think I speak for Michael in that it would be good to see some new folks. Look forward to seeing you there.

Comment

Hi Cade
                sorry to be a pain, I tried pm you both but get error messages, most likely due to my lack of forum/blog/IT skills.
                if ok can you please send me details via pm, or email h.baldwyn@qut.edu.au Thanks
                Harvey

Comment

Sorry, tried but can't see to get this pm thing (IT CHALLENGED),
                  Harvey

Comment

Harvey, As a new member, you are not yet permitted to use the PM function.
                    email him instead.

Regards,
                    Tony
                    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Thankyou to everyone who attended yesterday. and especially to the powers that be for letting their partners spend the day out.

I enjoyed the gathering and learnt some more about my batches. now I have newer approach to making a successful batch.
                      Thanks Jens for the hot water addition. my glycerin was still liquid this morning. Can't tell you how happy I was to see liquid glycerin the next morning.

Thanks everyone for making the trip to my place, some from far away and some from not so far but making an effort.
                      A couple of new members came along as well.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Michael
                      2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

The pleasure is all mine, kinda glad it worked out, imagine a emulsified batch caused by a suggestion in front of all the pro's rather embarrassing

And yes thanks for everyone there, the aim of these meeting is to gain more knowledge, drink beer and eat a snag or two, I certainly walked out feeling a lot smarter,a bit light headed and pretty full in the belly area.

Thanks Michael, next meeting is at Cade's he did promise
                        1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

Comment

Haha. You are not gunna let me forget are you?

Got me at a weak moment.

All, Let me know what you think is a suitable timeframe.

more than happy to host, no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Captaincademan View Post

Got me at a weak moment.

That's what I said to her last night.

Maybe just before the christmas traveling madness starts, I see to it that I can get my traveling centrifuge system up and running and bring it with me.

Thanks again for a fun day guys!!!!

Comment

Michael, thank you very much and please pass my thanks to your wife as I have no doubt she had things to do to allow it to occur.

Once I clean up in my shed after a few large spills and I clean the floor I will have one at my place and we will make a large batch? Or just watch it as it will be automated?

Thanks Matt
                              Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Anyone up for one more before Christmas ?

End of November maybe or first week of December

Michael
                                2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

Working...
                                X