Biodiesel Process Mixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biodiesel Process Mixers

I don't seem to be able to reduce any of the pictures down enough. All my files end up too big for the attachment manager. If anybody has any ideas about how to post a picture, let me know.

Comment

Here is a picture of the processor. The second picture is the level lines on the side that you use to add the appropriate amount of formula.

You first check how much warm oil you put in, then decide what conversion you want; Low, Medium or High, pour the formula in to that level as it relates to the amount of oil you put in - and then shake the processor!

I had a third picture of the processor laying over in the decanting position, but the file was too large and was rejected. However, you can see the tilting mechanism on the side and the valve on the end of the 'snout'. The valve is chrome plated with viton seals. All you do is that after adding the pre-wash you put the processor up on the edge of a table with the snout hanging over the edge. Leave it for a while and decant the byproduct.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Syd View Post
        Here is a picture of the processor. The second picture is the level lines on the side that you use to add the appropriate amount of formula.

You first check how much warm oil you put in, then decide what conversion you want; Low, Medium or High, pour the formula in to that level as it relates to the amount of oil you put in - and then shake the processor!

I had a third picture of the processor laying over in the decanting position, but the file was too large and was rejected. However, you can see the tilting mechanism on the side and the valve on the end of the 'snout'. The valve is chrome plated with viton seals. All you do is that after adding the pre-wash you put the processor up on the edge of a table with the snout hanging over the edge. Leave it for a while and decant the byproduct.
        Terry,

a very clever design and thanks for emailing the instructions.
        Regards,

Arie (DutchAussie)
        2007 VW Caddy 1.9 L TDI with DSG

Australian VW Caddy Website:
        http://vw-caddy.yolasite.com

Australian VW Caddy Forum:
        http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=d

Australian Biodiesel Handbook:
        http://www.biodiesel-handbook.yolasite.com

Comment

Originally posted by DutchAussie View Post
          Terry,

a very clever design and thanks for emailing the instructions.
          Terry,
          It looks very interesting? What volume of oil can be processed each batch?
          George

Comment

The scale goes from 5 to 15 litres. That gets to be a lot of liquid when you put in 15 litres of oil and then add the formula and pre-wash. Most processors go towards the high end of the market, this was designed to pick up all the little bits of UCO that are out there.

Like what a shop owner would have during the week. He can drain a bit of oil out of the frier, replace that oil with fresh oil, then when the hot oil cools enough he can whip up some biodiesel (and soap for the shop) in a few minutes and then get back to making breakfast.

Its also designed for someone on a cross-country trip, like a 4-wheel drive enthusiast. You could stop in for a burger and coffee, get some UCO while you're there and then mix it up while you eat lunch. In that case you can do a 'cold' processing. I've made biodiesel at 20C in the processor. Laying it out on hot asphalt is surprising effective in raising the temperature.

Last night I couldn't sleep so I decided to try and post the pictures. I knew it was going to take some time, so I heated up 10 litres of oil on the stove and made a batch. While I was lost in the guts of the computer age chasing different files, programs, and websites (Thanks Tony for the head's up on Photobucket), I let the conversion take place while I was lost in cyber space. Before I went to bed, I added the pre-wash and set it up on the bench in the shed. I'm going to go drain it now.

I'll use the fish aquarium pump trick to quickly settle/dry it. The hose drops in through the air vent (little yellow cap). It should be ready by this afternoon to use. If a person wanted to, they could make 15 lites of fuel a day with the device without much drama. If they were obsessive, they cold crank out a batch every couple of hours, but if they have access to that much oil, then making up an 'Appleseed' processor makes much more sense.

Comment

Did these processors - or any other comercially available processors ever make it to market? Any links to the threads or web sites would be much apreciated.

Cheers,
              Hamish

Comment

Check out this thread: http://www.biofuelsforum.com/making_...u_guys_do.html

There are others of course - just Google them.

Comment

Working...
                X